PDA

View Full Version : Needville VS Tidehaven

onsideanytime
09-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Needville is coming off a big win against Columbus and Tidehaven is coming off a blowout of Bloomington, what are your predictions?

jaydog34
09-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I think the lack of speed and thier problem of running the same offense over and over again will cost them in this one just like it did last week. dont you agree teetle.

onsideanytime
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
if i remember right, the ole tigers gave the jays a little bit of a scare last year

jaydog34
09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
yes they did it turned into one of those games that whoever had the ball last was going to win, the offense of needville did a great job of answering everytime the tigers scored. hopefully this year the defense can make some stops and the offense can continue scoring. both sides of the ball looked very impressive the other night vs. columbus.

Move The Chains
09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Needville wins by alot. 08 was a fluke. Needville has proven to be solid ball club this year.

onsideanytime
09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
MTC i hope you are right and hope the jays can keep rollin right in to district, they did look good against columbus, jays defense is tough, i dont know how they do it with out any speed(according to little teetle)

Move The Chains
09-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, ol teetle needs to learns that speeds aint everthang. The Jays not gonna wins a game this year 'cordin ta him.

If ol teetles theory held water BR would be undefeated. :doh:

Ex-Kat52
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I saw the Jays play this past week, and was impressed. I feel confident that the Jays will put it on the Tigers pretty well. I hope that the rain doesn't play as big a factor as it did against La Grange. The Jays cannot afford another 6 turnover game reguardless who they are playing.

jaydog34
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
i think needvilles offense has gotten way better since the beginning of the season. they look way more posed and under control. I am very impressed with thier front who has opened up some nice holes for which ever back is getting the ball, and i think they have given berry plrenty of time to make good plays down the field. so i think the days of putting the ball on the ground are over. i also think the defense is playing very well this year as well. they have made a few very key stops in certain situations. overall i think needville football is a force to be dealt with. should be a great district race.

Blackcat1954
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
It was 39-29 last year if I'm not mistaken

I'll be in Needville covering it. The Jays are a heavy favorite on huddleuptexas.com

Tigers have a good QB in Sean Runnels wh has 691 yards passing and good running back in Marcus Lara who has 523 yards rushing.

Could be another offensive game with Jays winning.
Tidehaven made the playoffs last year and could finish third againg behind Industrial and Hitchcock.

Pudlugger
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I know next to nothing about Tidehaven but I do know a thing or two about Needville. They are a very well balanced tough physical team with some excellent athletes. They appear well coached. In the game against La Grange they led for much of the game. They never showed any sign of quitting despite multiple turnovers and momentum shifts in the rain that night. Turnovers killed them, but that is something most teams work out in the preseason. I think Needville will win this one. I also think they will win D26.

zebrablue2
09-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Tidehaven appears to throw the ball quite a bit. Last year the qb had 2.088 yds passing and 20 TDs. has a 6-8 TE to throw to. they were 4-6 in 2008, and are picked third in district 29-2A this year..

Pudlugger
09-22-2009, 07:31 PM
6'8" TE? Dang that's phat.

Ex-Kat52
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I know that the Jays are not the same team that they were last year. They are playing more physical, average about 30 more lbs across their offensive line, and are clicking defensivly. I also know that Tidehaven is not the same team that they had last year. I think that Needville is better than last year, and Tidehaven not as good, and that is what makes me have to side with Needville this year. Last year was a track meet between the two offenses, with Needville coming out on top. This year I don't see anybody putting up the same numbers on Needville that Tidehaven did last year.

teetle
09-23-2009, 11:00 AM
No, I,s thinks that the's blubjays will do just fine. Thaeys Coach Panoche has go them playing well. He run the wing T well. He an expert. Needville just thankful they is a different District than US. I be pulling for the Bluejays as long as theys not playing Sealy,. Theys made a believer out of me.:D :D :D

themsu97
09-23-2009, 11:02 AM
[ Tidehaven made the playoffs last year and could finish third againg behind Industrial and Hitchcock. [/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting... Needville wins...

but as far as the rest goes... Tidehaven could make the playoffs but not so sure... Hitchcock not so sure about either...
right now, Industrial with Boling looking at that 2nd spot... only thing given on the rest is Danbury will not make the playoffs