View Full Version : what's your defention of a displined team

BRfalconfan
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I want to know your thoughts

coach
09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
I want to know your thoughts

no penalties, no turnovers, and knowing how not to waste you timeouts.....if you want to know what a true discipline team is...watch fairfield play and do the exact opposite of them

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 11:34 PM
A discipled team to me is, not many penalties, limited turnovers,not getting beat or missing defensive assignments, having a scheme/plays/offense and executing it well, and not missing tackles amongst other things.

BRfalconfan
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
no penalties, no turnovers, and knowing how not to waste you timeouts.....if you want to know what a true discipline team is...watch fairfield play and do the exact opposite of them

Ouch kinda rough there

Gobbla2001
09-21-2009, 11:36 PM
A team full of players with red asses...

Z-RO
09-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
A discipled team to me is, not many penalties, limited turnovers,not getting beat or missing defensive assignments, having a scheme/plays/offense and executing it well, and not missing tackles amongst other things.

I agree with this. You do not have to be the biggest or the fastest, but if you have a bunch of kids that can execute perfectly they are going to be hard to beat. Just look at SLC when Todd Dodge was there.

slingshot
09-21-2009, 11:53 PM
A discipled team to me is, not many penalties, limited turnovers,not getting beat or missing defensive assignments, having a scheme/plays/offense and executing it well, and not missing tackles amongst other things. Bingo. Add in a willingness to give up individual glory for the good of the team. Having a true common mission and purpose that permeates every member... from the starting quarterback to the 3rd string guard that mainly serves on the scout team. Look in Webster's under 'Abilene Wylie' ;) .

Tiger Turtle
09-22-2009, 07:27 AM
A team with a "take care of business" attitude, that isn't looking to dance around and celebrate every time someone executes their assignment and makes a tackle or catches a pass.

garciap77
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM

LOL

Footballhudini
09-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
A team with a "take care of business" attitude, that isn't looking to dance around and celebrate every time someone executes their assignment and makes a tackle or catches a pass.

+1

i cant stand all the flashyness

Footballhudini
09-22-2009, 07:32 AM
if you want to know what a true discipline team is...watch fairfield play and do the exact opposite of them

I LOL'd

garciap77
09-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Bingo. Add in a willingness to give up individual glory for the good of the team. Having a true common mission and purpose that permeates every member... from the starting quarterback to the 3rd string guard that mainly serves on the scout team. Look in Webster's under 'Abilene Wylie' ;) .

Dang Doc! You got that right!:clap: :clap: :clap:

WylieBulldog92
09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
The word disciplined hasn't been spelled right yet?

garciap77
09-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
The word disciplined hasn't been spelled right yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZOmjLrFMs

LOL

poisoned10
09-22-2009, 08:15 AM

Or Dallas Roosevelt.

Originally posted by slingshot
Look in Webster's under 'Abilene Wylie' ;) .

Also see: Gilmer Buckeyes, Celina Bobcats and/or Liberty Hill Panthers.

Trashman
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Back in the early 90's I officiated a game between Del Rio and Edcouch Elsa in Uvalde. Edcouch had the most disciplined team that I have ever seen. They came out of the locker room in a single file line, in step and warmed up in a machine like fashion. The players did not swear and they all stood on the side lines with helmets on. There was no "get back coach" they didn't need one. One of the assistant coaches used a swear word during a busted Del Rio play and was immediately corrected by the head coach. They methodically destroyed Del Rio with their disciplined play and workman like attitude. Although Edcouch did not have the best athletes they did not miss tackles or assignments. I wish I knew who that head coach was and where he is today.

Move The Chains
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
discipled :doh: Just noticed. Thanks coach.

kaorder1999
09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
or definition

BwdLion73
09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
A team full of players with red asses...

:D :clap:

nobogey72
09-22-2009, 10:15 AM
To me, a disciplined team shows up the most on the defensive side of the ball. Defensive players that are in tune with the team concept-- ie responsibility oriented as opposed to athletes trying too hard to do it all. OLB's that stay home when flow is away, etc. I think discipline shows iteself in the kicking game also. Kickoff coverage guys that don't chase but stay in their lanes and trust that their teammates are doing the same. It all starts at the top. Usually well-disciplined teams are also very unselfish.

bowleghorses
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Last Years PROSPER Team:D ,and maybe this years TOO!!!!!!!!

SHSBulldog00
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
A team with a "take care of business" attitude, that isn't looking to dance around and celebrate every time someone executes their assignment and makes a tackle or catches a pass. :iagree:

They also need to be humble when they win and gracious (sp?) when they lose.

sinton66
09-22-2009, 08:32 PM
My definition of discipline is when you have a team in a playoff game and the coach tells the defense to let them score late in the fourth quarter so his offense can get their hands on the ball one more time with less than two minutes left and no timeouts. They do, and the offense takes the ball down the field, scores and wins the game. That's the most obvious example of discipline I've ever witnessed.

mwynn05
09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
08-09 ponder basketball

coach
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
08-09 ponder basketball

most disciplined team in any sports i have ever seen

BuckeyeNut
09-22-2009, 08:58 PM
A disciplined team is a team that never quits no matter that the score is. 100% all the time or until the coach tells them to back off.

CelinaCatFan
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I would ceratinly agree with the Ponder basketball team. Coach Boxell does an amazing job with his program!