PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Cameron Yoe @ Rockdale(Battle of the Bell)

BuckeyeNut
09-19-2009, 12:15 PM
sorry this is not the Region III GOTW

#1 in 3A and #1 in 2A

Gilmer vs Dangerfield

Old Tiger
09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag

#1 in 3A and #1 in 2A

Gilmer vs Dangerfield I didn't know Daingerfield was in Region 3 in 3a. :rolleyes:

yoe64
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM

#1 in 3A and #1 in 2A

Gilmer vs Dangerfield
Really I could of sworn that this thread was called Region Game III of the Week: Cameron Vs. Rockdale BATTLE OF THE BELL

lulu
09-19-2009, 04:15 PM

#1 in 3A and #1 in 2A

Gilmer vs Dangerfield

I agree.

You're fighting a loosing battle Flag. Until the very end,,,,,when the Bucks have slaughtered every lamb ,,,,you will not get the recognition for our area teams. In the end YOU WILL be GOTW,,,,probably more than once.
:doh:

tigerfan09
09-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by lulu
I agree.

You're fighting a loosing battle Flag. Until the very end,,,,,when the Bucks have slaughtered every lamb ,,,,you will not get the recognition for our area teams. In the end YOU WILL be GOTW,,,,probably more than once.
:doh:

Give it up....Gilmer is playing a CLASS 2A team this week!!! Cameron and Rockdale are both CLASS 3A teams!!!

lulu
09-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Give it up....Gilmer is playing a CLASS 2A team this week!!! Cameron and Rockdale are both CLASS 3A teams!!!

Still don't make it the best game of the week.:p

Old Tiger
09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Still don't make it the best game of the week.:p its a regional game of the week....not a game of the week for the state. It matches up two region III teams....

lulu
09-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
its a regional game of the week....not a game of the week for the state. It matches up two region III teams....

Whatever,,,,,,.you have a right to your opinion and I mine. No biggie. We agree to disagree. I still like ya anyway ;)

BuckeyeNut
09-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09

will ether of these teams make the playoffs??

pirate4state
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Quit clogging up GOTW threads with your :weeping: about not being GOTW on the DOWNLOW. GMAB! :rolleyes:

Battle of the Bell is a gimme for GOTW. Long, long rivalry and both teams are pretty good and both 3A, in Region III.

GO TIGERS!

lulu
09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Quit clogging up GOTW threads with your :weeping: about not being GOTW on the DOWNLOW. GMAB! :rolleyes:

Battle of the Bell is a gimme for GOTW. Long, long rivalry and both teams are pretty good and both 3A, in Region III.

GO TIGERS!

P4S.....the reson is because Gilmer and Dangerfield have that same kind of rival. For a lonooooog time. It's mean and nasty and well known in East Texas. We don't know their (cY /Rdale) rivalry like they don't know this one/

The main difference and I think the most compelling fact is:
!. The #1 ranking for Gilmer and
2. A very clear possibility for a State Championship for them.

Neither of the GOTW teams come close to that Even though Dangerfield is 2A ,,,,,it is the top game in this area in RegIII.

So us folks over here think this should have been the GOTW and for EAST TEXAS it is. It's a "gimmie" for this area.

So we got our panties in a bit of a wad but hey,,,,don't we all every now and then? It will all be over after this week.:cool:

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
P4S.....the reson is because Gilmer and Dangerfield have that same kind of rival. For a lonooooog time. It's mean and nasty and well known in East Texas. We don't know their (cY /Rdale) rivalry like they don't know this one/

Neither of the GOTW teams come close to that Even though Dangerfield is 2A ,,,,,it is the top game in this area in RegIII.

So us folks over here think this should have been the GOTW and for EAST TEXAS it is. It's a "gimmie" for this area.

So we got our panties in a bit of a wad but hey,,,,don't we all every now and then? It will all be over after this week.:cool:

Wah....

lulu
09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Wah....

Wha What?:doh:

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Wha What?:doh: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5339/wahmbulance.jpg

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 12:15 PM

I will make the call for you...

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5339/wahmbulance.jpg

Go Tigers!!!

OldBison75
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I understand that the Gilmer/Daingerfield game will be a real great game. I also understand that the game is a rivalry. I can see how some would like to see that game as the GOTW.

That said, the Cameron/Rockdale game has about 100 years of traditional rivalry from two towns about 16 miles apart. These kids are friends away from sports and compete against each other at everything from little dribblers to football, boy scouts to county fairs, and for the affections of the girls from each school. This a rivalry that not only involves the kids on the field, but the parents, grandparents, and communities. Many of the familys may live in different towns but work in the same places and some even go to the same churches.

I'm not saying that this is the most important game in the state, or that may be the best game to be played this week, but I guarantee that the game will be hard hitting, exciting, and every kid and fan will be pumped up beyond belief. This matchup typically shuts down both towns and the stadium will be packed. And the best part of the game is that after it is over, the two teams will shake hands and pat each other on the back. Saturday morning, they will continue thier normal friendships and wait for the next time they meet to try and even the score.

Good luck to both teams in the Gilmer/Daingerfield matchup and I will be watching for the updates. To district mates Cameron/Rockdale--you guys have a great game and I hope that both teams stay healty and prove that our district deserves recognition.

Rabid Cougar
09-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I understand that the Gilmer/Daingerfield game will be a real great game. I also understand that the game is a rivalry. I can see how some would like to see that game as the GOTW.

That said, the Cameron/Rockdale game has about 100 years of traditional rivalry from two towns about 16 miles apart. These kids are friends away from sports and compete against each other at everything from little dribblers to football, boy scouts to county fairs, and for the affections of the girls from each school. This a rivalry that not only involves the kids on the field, but the parents, grandparents, and communities. Many of the familys may live in different towns but work in the same places and some even go to the same churches.

I'm not saying that this is the most important game in the state, or that may be the best game to be played this week, but I guarantee that the game will be hard hitting, exciting, and every kid and fan will be pumped up beyond belief. This matchup typically shuts down both towns and the stadium will be packed. And the best part of the game is that after it is over, the two teams will shake hands and pat each other on the back. Saturday morning, they will continue thier normal friendships and wait for the next time they meet to try and even the score.

Good luck to both teams in the Gilmer/Daingerfield matchup and I will be watching for the updates. To district mates Cameron/Rockdale--you guys have a great game and I hope that both teams stay healty and prove that our district deserves recognition.

Sorry but I don't ever recall being friends with anyone from Rockdale when I was in high school. I do recall a lot of fights at the dance halls and out on the Farm to Market Roads . Even contentious in college. And we didn't go to church with them either. There were large wagers placed on the game at Alcoa and IGC.

MANY a case of beer have been lost by Rockdale Tiger fans.

lulu
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5339/wahmbulance.jpg

That's cute. LMAO

pirate4state
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM

I know about the Gilmer/Daingerfield rivarly, but it doesn't change the fact that a VOLUNTEER (R3Editor) picked another rivarly game, one that consists of TWO 3A teams from the same region to be this board's GOTW.

It's nothing to get so upset about as to clog up this thread. That's the last thing I'm gonna say, so as to not continue taking away from THIS game!

Seriously....let's hear about how Rockdale plans to BTHO the Yoeman! :D

lulu
09-21-2009, 02:15 PM
I know about the Gilmer/Daingerfield rivarly, but it doesn't change the fact that a VOLUNTEER (R3Editor) picked another rivarly game, one that consists of TWO 3A teams from the same region to be this board's GOTW.

It's nothing to get so upset about as to clog up this thread. That's the last thing I'm gonna say, so as to not continue taking away from THIS game!

Seriously....let's hear about how Rockdale plans to BTHO the Yoeman! :D

Ok P4S I'll quit clogging. Ya'll go BTHO the Yoemam. Gilmers gonna BTHO Dangerfield.

U and I are both feeling better...Huh?

Old Tiger
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM

So we got our panties in a bit of a wad but hey,,,,don't we all every now and then? It will all be over after this week.:cool: I think the main difference is that this game matches up two class 3a region 3 teams.

lulu
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I think the main difference is that this game matches up two class 3a region 3 teams.

Your clogging.....stop it Tiger.

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Your clogging.....stop it Tiger.

Gilmer is overrated anyway.

Rockdale wins over the Yoe!

lulu
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Gilmer is overrated anyway.

Rockdale wins over the Yoe!

Potty mouth...talking that####

:D Good luck in your game.

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Potty mouth...talking that####

:D Good luck in your game.

And Buckeye80 doesnt understand the game of football...

lulu
09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
And Buckeye80 doesnt understand the game of football... :confused: :confused: :confused:

pirate4state
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
And Buckeye80 doesnt understand the game of football... bahahaha is yalls fight gonna be on pay-per-view?

Heard about your weekend with the kid. :D

Oh wait....GO TIGERS!!!

rockdale80
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
bahahaha is yalls fight gonna be on pay-per-view?

Heard about your weekend with the kid. :D

Oh wait....GO TIGERS!!!

Weekend was crazy.

Buckeye80 is more of a figure skating fan than a football fan. :D

I even showed him what a football looked like once. He was amazed because he had never seen one.