PDA

View Full Version : Worst Attendance

tigerfan09
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I got the idea for this thread by reading the thread "Very Sad Attendance". I apologize if this has already been done before...

What is the worst attendance that you have ever seen or that you can remember at a high school football game?

I went to a Buckholts Badgers (located between Cameron and Temple) 6 man game about 10 years ago, and I remember seeing only about 10 spectators sitting on the Buckholts side.

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Mine was the one at Carter Riverside. 10 people for a varsity 3A District game

Trashman
09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
A few years ago Brownwood had a playoff game in Blue Mound against one of the intercity Dallas teams. I"ll bet they didn't have 50 fans in the stands. We had between 5-10 thousand. Maybe L48 can remember the name of the school.

Matthew328
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
it was Lincoln

Trashman
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
That's right, thank you Matthew328. :D

big daddy russ
09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Robstown, TX. Back when they were a 4A school. Maybe 15-25 people in the stands for a district game.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Went to see Cuero/Kenedy Varsity game at Kenedy in '97, I sat on the Kenedy side and didn't see ONE Cuero fan on the other side of the field... made me sick... but that was because Kenedy didn't have visitor's side bleachers, the home side was split 50/50

Looking4number8
09-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
A few years ago Brownwood had a playoff game in Blue Mound against one of the intercity Dallas teams. I"ll bet they didn't have 50 fans in the stands. We had between 5-10 thousand. Maybe L48 can remember the name of the school.

Matt is right, it was Dallas Lincoln. They had a fast and talanted team and we just plain whipped them. I always thought our crowd a lot to do with that win. In the first half several of the Lincoln players kept looking at our stands between plays. They had to wonder why their school did not support like that.... also we played that game in the DFW area.

I said several times when we first moved to 3A was the best thing about moving down from 4A was we were playing high school in towns not cities. We see a lot more fans in opposing stands now than we did most of the 4A games the last few years there.

wyliefan
09-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Last year, when Wylie played Lubbock Estacado in Midland there was maybe 100 people in the stands on the home side.

garciap77
09-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
I got the idea for this thread by reading the thread "Very Sad Attendance". I apologize if this has already been done before...

What is the worst attendance that you have ever seen or that you can remember at a high school football game?

I went to a Buckholts Badgers (located between Cameron and Temple) 6 man game about 10 years ago, and I remember seeing only about 10 spectators sitting on the Buckholts side.

Last year's play-off game vs Lubbock Estacado @ Midland's Grande Communications Stadium.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3603.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_3664.jpg

:(

LE Dad
09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Redwater was the smallest crowd I ever saw. LE went to their home field and filled both sides. They maybe had 15 people there. They dropped to 2A and are very strict on their enrollment. They never won a district game in 4 years at 3A level.:( :eek:

Tx Challenge
09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't know much about the state, but in our district, it has to be Ingram. We played at their house last year, and I don't think they had enough people to cover the football team and band. It will be interesting this year when they travel the 125 miles to play LH at home this year.

Ingram is a beautiful place. Shame on them for not supporting their team.....Off my rant....

This year Manor...We have dismal visitor stands. I look across and all I see is 75% empty seats. Come on ppl SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2009, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09

That is about all that lives in Buckholtz. There are Cameron kids that go there too.

GrTigers6
09-22-2009, 05:54 AM
When we played Abilene Wylie in Lubbock for a regional basketbal tournament game. There was only about 200 fans on there side and we had close to 2000. I thought that was strange because Abilene was only a couple hours away. Then it dawned on me, the lady bulldogs were in the state tourney that same weekend. Boy what a choice to have to make. However that is a good problem to have.:)

Hang Ten
09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Don't know much about the state, but in our district, it has to be Ingram. We played at their house last year, and I don't think they had enough people to cover the football team and band. It will be interesting this year when they travel the 125 miles to play LH at home this year.

Ingram is a beautiful place. Shame on them for not supporting their team.....Off my rant....

This year Manor...We have dismal visitor stands. I look across and all I see is 75% empty seats. Come on ppl SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!

Give Manor a break....the school board ran off a coach who won a Dist. Championship (8-2) for a dud of a coach who went 3-7 and in route to 0-10 this year.

Old Tiger
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
During the Hurricane Rita scare between Rockdale and Hutto. The game was moved to a Thursday at the last minute.

Antec
09-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Went to Palacios-Boling district game-Boling last year for 3A in the early 80s

It was in Boling and was pouring down rain in sheets- They had and old wooden field house.

No one was in the stands the entire fourth quarter.

It was terrible and got soaking wet running to the car.

Been to double digit games when it poured down

Trashman
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Hang Ten
Give Manor a break....the school board ran off a coach who won a Dist. Championship (8-2) for a dud of a coach who went 3-7 and in route to 0-10 this year.

I didn't know the old coach, don't know the new coach. But I do know why the old coach was run off. Don't go there.:rolleyes: