PDA

View Full Version : A very sad attendance

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 06:29 PM
First at our JV game against ranchview there were only 4 fans in the stands on there side. Which I thought was pretty bad then, the Varsity went to carrolton for ranchviews homecoming and there wasn't any more than maybe 200 people. That is sad!

D4C
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
that aint nothin, when Wharton played Giddings last year we had maybe 3 people in the stands In a VARSITY game. no band and no cheerleaders, yet giddings stands were filled to the brim

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by D4C
that aint nothin, when Wharton played Giddings last year we had maybe 3 people in the stands In a VARSITY game. no band and no cheerleaders, yet giddings stands were filled to the brim Wow. A few years back we played Carter Riverside at there home and there was 10 people in the stands for a varsity game. That was the worst i had seen.

Trashman
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
When Brownwood was in 4A we played some of the intercity metroplex schools, the number of fans would be less than the football team and the band combined.:(

Antec
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
But when Wharton played at Giddings last year-People were getting ready for Hurricane Ike threatening the coast.

thats almost 100 miles from Wharton- People were scared and everyone in Wharton was concerned.

In fact- Wharton was only team in about a 100 mile radius to play that week

That was a Wed night and not many had school the next day.

Looking4number8
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
When Brownwood was in 4A we played some of the intercity metroplex schools, the number of fans would be less than the football team and the band combined.:(

You beat me to it trashman. Also need to note that the games he is talking about were away games for us. It always amazed me how some people in the inner city dont seem to support there school athletics. I know some may have a schedule that does not allow it but that can not be the case for all of them

With that said, Liberty Hill did not travel well this last weekend, I was suprised at that. At least LHPM made it, that is all that counts

95mustang
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Very sad indeed. There is no better feeling then running onto a Friday Night football field to the roar of the crowd from the community supporting you. It just goes to show how lucky some of us here on the downlow really are to have the community support our teams the way they do.

95mustang
09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
With that said, Liberty Hill did not travel well this last weekend, I was suprised at that. At least LHPM made it, that is all that counts

Not even that, but go back one week and we had double or more of the fans than the home team we played. For some reason I can't seem to remember who that was though.

injuredinmelee
09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
most of the games in Los Angeles are like that. Public school games that is.

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Glen Rose I can proudly say hasn't had that problem. We always have a big crowd. for all sports.

maestro
09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by D4C
that aint nothin, when Wharton played Giddings last year we had maybe 3 people in the stands In a VARSITY game. no band and no cheerleaders, yet giddings stands were filled to the brim

Wharton was evacuating for a hurricane.

it was a Friday game moved quickly to a Wednesday night.

Matthew328
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Ranchview is a new school so they dont have much of an alumni base