PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me about El Campo

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
I know they beat Wharton 49-12..... BUT, do they have Maverick, Appling, and that big #33 back?

How good are they supposed to be, injuries, and I heard they may go 3A next alignment! :eek: :eek:

Watch out 3A if that happens. El Campo always fields a good team, some just better than others.

EDIT: I just looked it up. At last check, they had 1076 kids. Sounds a bit high for 3a.

bird_fan
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Appling is back along with 4 other offensive and 4 defen sive starters
The Ricebird are very young this year but have a lot more explosive speed with two to three other back that hve the speed to strike from any place on the field. The quaterbackt this year has shown to better passing game.
Thew beginning of the year was a few problems weather wise as in getting practice time and there one scrimahe with Wallerwas cut short after just 23 plays due to lightening
the lost the season opener to Brazoswood (5a) 27-24 in a game where the had 5 lost fumbles Then the beat 5 a Houston Westside and Victoria Memoral
right now they are realling to jell on offense and defense

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Good info. Brazoswood is not very good... so losing to Brazoswood is unimpressive.... BUT, they have beat their other opponents.. so... yeah.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I'll bite

Here's some stuff I know about El Campo:

Not hard to sneak wiskey and coke into the stadium

Go watch a Bay City/El Campo game, doesn't matter how good they are there's atleast one fight and some huge hits

Do not cuss outside of Muldoon's Saloon or you're goin' to the big house for the night

Greek Brothers is a cool place to watch some Texas Music, just get there early and bring some extra cash if you're planning on eating

If there's a guy about 6'3 270 pounds passed out behind the drive-thru at Whataburger in El Campo, pick the guy up, he lives about 30 miles from EC and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet, chances are we spent 2 hours looking for him after he wandered off, but the dude can fall into a crack, he'll probably give you 200 bucks for the ride...

need anything else lemme know

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
know anything about the football team?

Don't hibernate so often... come and join the party man.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains

Don't hibernate so often...

Whateva do you mean?

I make 5.87 posts per day!

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2009, 04:31 AM
Thye make good Kolaches there.