PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse @ Celina

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
What say Bobcats? Whitehouse got you worried any?

BobcatBenny
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
This is basically a repeat post from smoaky.

With only 2 wins and 6 losses between the two teams, this game probably does not get much interest from anybody but us fans of the two teams.

We will see if Celina holds onto the greased pig. There are other minor issues that are being addressed by the Bobcats, but by far the one item that will improve Celina is not turning the ball over.

If Celina does not turn the ball over, I believe the Bobcats win this game.

And ... I am glad Celina is finally having a home game! ;)

firstdown
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Celina by 21

d0tc0m
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm hoping the coaches have now realized how to stop, or at least slow down that spread offense. I'm glad that we get to see so many teams that run that style offense this early in the season though. If the boys hold onto that football and minimize the stupid mistakes, especially in the red zone, Celina wins by 14. If they put the ball into the hands of Whitehouse, it may not be a good night in Celina. Go Bobcats!!

orange machine
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
If Celina can cut down on turnovers they should win. The secondary better get ready to work because all WH does is air it out. There backup qb threw for 400 yards last week.

rangerjoe33
09-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I'm hoping the coaches have now realized how to stop, or at least slow down that spread offense.

I cannot believe I just read this...Celina has stopped the spread for quite a while...maybe not as strong of a defense this year but the Celina coaches know how to scheme against the spread. It's simply a matter of personnel and experience and that is growing each practice, each game.

I am not a Celina backer but I know enough to know that the later in the year it gets the better Celina gets.

orange machine
09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
good post. I was thinking the other day yeah scary thought me thinking anyways. Celina has played 2 #1 teams this year. In both of those games im sure most folks would say Celina played pretty bad, but all though they played bad they had there chances to win both games. I think once they get all the kinks worked out this team will be very good.

d0tc0m
09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I definitely think this team can be just like last year's team and surprise a lot of people and make a great run at it. Really, the boys just need to cut down on their stupid mistakes and costly turnovers and they're a completely different team, from what I've seen and heard from others. And when I said I hope the coaches figured out how to stop or slow down the spread, I didn't mean I hope they figured it out for the first time in their careers, I grew up in Celina, and Bobcat football is all I've ever known, I know full well they can stop a spread team, I just meant I hope they've figured out how to do it with the personnel they have this year. If the secondary can step up big for us this week, I think we can grind it out on the ground against WH and go into district with high spirits and a winning record!!

BobcatBenny
09-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Celina is going to need at least a 9 point lead going into the 4th quarter. The problem with Whitehouse is they can wear the defense down and unleash fresh players on a tired D.

This is especially true if the offense does not stay on the field for long drives.

Last year in the 4th Whitehouse just unleashed the RB and gave up on the pass, driving the field because the Celina D was gassed.

Yep ... Celina will need more than a 1 score lead going into the 4th. At least 9 points should do it.

orange machine
09-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Well the good news is Celina on scoreing drives have chewed up a ton of clock. Bad news is they dont have a quick scoreing offense so they must get ahead and stay there.

EAGLETOWN
09-22-2009, 06:43 AM
I am moving to Whitehouse so I am a new...

:thinking: What's there mascot?

Oh yeah a Wildcat fan. :doh:

Go Whitehouse!!! :clap: