PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater @ Big Spring

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Think the Mustangs get hammered in this one, or can they pull off an upset? I kinda hope they can---SW needs a lift.

DaHop72
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Think the Mustangs get hammered in this one, or can they pull off an upset? I kinda hope they can---SW needs a lift. Bull, would be a big lift if they could but after watching the Steers against the Tigers and then seeing what they did to Denison I think it would be akin to the USA vs. the Russians in hockey in the Olympics if they pull it off.

Do you believe in miracles!!!!!...............................in my best Al Michaels voice. :)

RedWhiteBlue
09-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Think the Mustangs get hammered in this one, or can they pull off an upset? I kinda hope they can---SW needs a lift.
I'm pulling for the Mustangs.:clap:

DaHop72
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'm pulling for the Mustangs.:clap: What about on Oct. 23rd. ? :kiss: :kiss:

pirate4state
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm pulling for the Mustangs.:clap:

Me too. It may seem like a tall task, but stranger things have happened!

GO MUSTANGS! :)

Looking4number8
09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
The Mustangs might not have turned the corner yet but since they found a kid that can QB I think they are rounding the bend, they may not win this week but I but they make the Steers play hard for it.

Go Sweetwater... surprise some people this week!

Trashman
09-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Sweetwater, I wish you all the best, lets turn this thing around and show Big Spring what your really all about!:D

markp08
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I get that same empty feeling in my stomach for Sweetwater in this game as I did for Taylor Potts when Sergio Kindle rounded the corner Saturday night.

Yikes....could be a beat down! Here's to hoping Sweetwater can get it together!

:doh: :)

RedWhiteBlue
09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
What about on Oct. 23rd. ? :kiss: :kiss:
Am I betting?:devil:

DaHop72
09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Am I betting?:devil: :thinking: :thinking: If you were, would it be red and white or black and gold??:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: If you were, would it be red and white or black and gold??:thinking:
Black and gold....:doh: :kiss:

DaHop72
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Black and gold....:doh: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
09-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Now.... October 9th is a different story, Hop, honey!!!:kiss: :kiss:

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Now.... October 9th is a different story, Hop, honey!!!:kiss: :kiss:

Uhhhhhh---she said 'Hop, Honey'.....:D Could it be that RWB is about to kick Rocket to the curb, Hop? :D

GetRDoneStangs
09-21-2009, 06:43 PM
I think the Stangs are improving...but so is the schedule.

This used to be a big rivalry here (back in the 4A days), not so much now. Let's hope this will be the week the Boy's in Red get it turned around!!!

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Us beating BS isn't an upset IMO. Yes they beat Snyder in week 0, but who doesn't? :thinking:

And yes they beat Denison, who turned out to be an over-rated 4A school.

Sweetwater is gonna do what they do against BS, that is play smash mouth football and wait for
the Steers to implode and collapse. That is something they have a habit of doing against us.

Sweetwater 27
Big Spring 20

Matthew328
09-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Big Spring by 21....this is not the usual Big Spring squad

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
That may be the case 328. Have they added any more speed? Last year their fastest player on the
field was their RB. Two of our players from our secondary that chased him down last year when he
had a clear TD are back.

As far as the younger Tannehill goes, all it is gonna take is our secondary to recognize their
responsibilities. Keep the WR's infront of then and we'll be fine.

Tres Lobos
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That may be the case 328. Have they added any more speed? Last year their fastest player on the
field was their RB. Two of our players from our secondary that chased him down last year when he
had a clear TD are back.

As far as the younger Tannehill goes, all it is gonna take is our secondary to recognize their
responsibilities. Keep the WR's infront of then and we'll be fine.

I don't no if its gonna be that easy red. Big spring is a totally different team this year. If sweetwater can play ball control than they can keep it close but i don't see them doing that with the steers front 7, they are very solid, lead by matt ritchey at middle linebacker who is commited to baylor.

I expect big spring to win this by no less than 21.

Matthew328
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure if they added speed but all their skill kids are back so I'd imagine they are faster...

Tannehill is healthy and thats huge for Big Spring...it allows Ritchey to focus on LB and he's a monster...a ton of experience back from a team that went 3 deep...I saw em in the playoffs against Everman and even though they got rolled they played hard til the end and didn't infight...that told me this is a different group....Denison is far from overrated they are still very, very good and Big Spring beat them...

Sweetwater Red
09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Their playoff run doesn't impress me. West Texas 4A is weak. Sweetwater clobbered them two
or three years ago. They made the playoffs at 3-7 and beat Plainview or Pampa in the firat round.

garciap77
09-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm going with Sweetwater by 3!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Big Spring.....Big.

Big Spring 42
Sweetwater 7

Red's opinion of BS will change after seeing them this week.

Scholar
09-21-2009, 11:57 PM
I think Sweetwater's last chance for winning a game this season was last week. Big Spring wins this one big. I sincerely hope that Sweetwater can bounce back and field a much better, more disciplined team.....next year.

slingshot
09-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm rooting for SW (really)... but I think BS rolls easily in this one 35-3. Glad we're not playing them this year... I look for BS to beat Cooper and Frenship and win that district.

STANG RED
09-22-2009, 01:14 AM
If we can just continue getting better, and compete well, I will be satisfied. The soph QB went in last week and gave the team a huge lift. They looked like a completely different team offensively with him in there, so at least we have that headed in the right direction. Better yet, he has two more full season after this one to get better and better.
We need to quit handing the ball off 5 yards deep in our backfeild though. Our O line just isnt solid enough to allow the D that much time to read and react to the point of attack. Even if they do open a hole, its filled by the time the back gets to it. We have to get away from this style of rushing if we're going to get any good consistancy in the running game. Other than that, I liked a lot of what I saw with the new QB in the game.
With all that said, Big Spring will have to completely self destruct for us to even keep this close. Maybe they will,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I aint betting on it.
Good Luck Mustangs! Please prove me wrong!

injuredinmelee
09-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I'm going with Sweetwater by 3!

you running for mayor of the DL? Hate to see it or say it but SW gets rolled.

IrishTex
09-22-2009, 07:22 AM
This game will be a tall order for the Mustangs this week.

A) Big Spring is better than "normal".
B) Sweetwater is in a "rebuilding year".

I am not expecting any miracles here. I am just proud of this team for continuing to work hard, stay positive, and stay a team.

I know it's easy to say, and I know it's sounds canned...but as long as they give 100%, I'm proud of them.

garciap77
09-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you running for mayor of the DL? Hate to see it or say it but SW gets rolled.

LOL No! Just Mayor of SW!:D
;)

I thought you were coming to the game? You missed on some good pizza before the game.

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Uhhhhhh---she said 'Hop, Honey'.....:D Could it be that RWB is about to kick Rocket to the curb, Hop? :D Always remember Bull, there's love and then there's loves to hate. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Us beating BS isn't an upset IMO. Yes they beat Snyder in week 0, but who doesn't? :thinking:

Sorry Red, but I think this is going to apply to Sweetwater more this year than it does to Snyder.

RedWhiteBlue
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Uhhhhhh---she said 'Hop, Honey'.....:D Could it be that RWB is about to kick Rocket to the curb, Hop? :D
You are full of Bull!!! Either that or you just don't really know... Hop is the Honey....:inlove: Who is Rocket?:confused:

Matthew328
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Man its just hard for anyone in Sweetwater to believe Big Spring is for real...LOL

Big Spring's 3 deep run last year didn't impress on paper but it was huge for them. First off 3 extra weeks of practice is big for any program. Second they got the chance to go up against a team like Everman and learn a lot about themselves. That's big too, they have carried that vibe into this year and its paid off big.

IrishTex
09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Man its just hard for anyone in Sweetwater to believe Big Spring is for real...LOL

Big Spring's 3 deep run last year didn't impress on paper but it was huge for them. First off 3 extra weeks of practice is big for any program. Second they got the chance to go up against a team like Everman and learn a lot about themselves. That's big too, they have carried that vibe into this year and its paid off big.

As I stated earlier...I think Big Spring is too tough this year.
I just want our team to get out of there without any injuries and some pride left.

R1Editor
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM

R1Editor
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
ugh!

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
ugh! Problems R1!!

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I quoted you and 328. Thankfully p4s was paying attention.

My quote for you was I was referring to Snyder's habit of losing in Week 0, not their overall performance.

WTF-82
09-22-2009, 09:39 PM

And yes they beat Denison, who turned out to be an over-rated 4A school.

Sweetwater is gonna do what they do against BS, that is play smash mouth football and wait for
the Steers to implode and collapse. That is something they have a habit of doing against us.

Sweetwater 27
Big Spring 20

Calm down this Big Spring team is very good we saw them in the scrimmage vs Monahans and let me tell you they will hit you receivers can ball and the RB is a player. Div 1 LB also.

injuredinmelee
09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
LOL No! Just Mayor of SW!:D
;)

I thought you were coming to the game? You missed on some good pizza before the game.
Kids had a pig show sat morning and we ended up at the barn until almost 1am. My son was not happy he wanted to go watch the game.

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I quoted you and 328. Thankfully p4s was paying attention.

My quote for you was I was referring to Snyder's habit of losing in Week 0, not their overall performance. It seems to be a tradition and not the good kind. I think Coach Rogers told me after the Big Spring game that the Tigers have only won 3 out of 11 openers.:( :(

95mustang
09-23-2009, 02:16 AM
This years Big Spring Team is probably the most talented bunch of young men they have ever fielded. I would really like Sweetwater to win, but just don't think they will be able to pull it off this year.

Red&White_9x5
09-23-2009, 08:02 AM
The is not a chance is hades that Sweetwater beats the Spring this year? After seeing the Denison game, I can say that the Steers are GOOD!

garciap77
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Kids had a pig show sat morning and we ended up at the barn until almost 1am. My son was not happy he wanted to go watch the game.

Bring him to the Canyon game. Homecoming should be good.

P.S. I'm still going with SW!