PDA

View Full Version : wimberely has a shot to win.

thunder
10-23-2003, 06:45 PM
they have the size and speed,if the coaching staff is ready then a win is possible.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Get real, neal...

I think they have a good shot...

thunder
10-23-2003, 06:48 PM
good come back,gobbla. where are all the posters?

HotDawg89
10-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Well yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!

Gobbla2001
10-23-2003, 06:55 PM
HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You got that right, very beautiful area of the hill country... You exit off of the crazy I-35 and 20 minutes later *POOF*, it's like you're in Heaven...

unnamed_bdawg06
10-23-2003, 07:40 PM
still wimberley has no chance

jason
10-23-2003, 07:42 PM
i played a golf course in wimberly once...at some resort thats there...

Football Guru 25
10-24-2003, 07:24 AM
HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You must be sick. The game 2 years ago was WON by Wimberley with NO help from the refs. McGee was young and so was Shipley and they got beat by a more mature Meeks and Slaughter team. I was there that game and saw the whole thing. Don't blame the refs. Don't you guys hate it when a team loses and they blame the refs?

espn1
10-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Football Guru 25:

HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You must be sick. The game 2 years ago was WON by Wimberley with NO help from the refs. McGee was young and so was Shipley and they got beat by a more mature Meeks and Slaughter team. I was there that game and saw the whole thing. Don't blame the refs. Don't you guys hate it when a team loses and they blame the refs?Well then you have no clue what you're talking about. That was the 2nd to the worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life.

BIG19
10-24-2003, 09:18 AM
espn1:

Football Guru 25:

HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You must be sick. The game 2 years ago was WON by Wimberley with NO help from the refs. McGee was young and so was Shipley and they got beat by a more mature Meeks and Slaughter team. I was there that game and saw the whole thing. Don't blame the refs. Don't you guys hate it when a team loses and they blame the refs?Well then you have no clue what you're talking about. That was the 2nd to the worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life.ESPN1, I will have to agree with you on that one. It was bad, but then again, that WAS a long time ago and will not have any effect on tonight's game (thank goodness).

thunder
10-24-2003, 09:38 AM
I hear that the same crew that was in wimberely last year will be at burnet tonight to try to set things right.

Gobbla2001
10-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Though refs can blow calls and sometimes game-deciding blown calls, if your team were that much better than the other team, the blown calls wouldn't be a factor...

The Guru
10-24-2003, 09:47 AM
If you're just a little better, then those calls have a huge impact on the game.

And back to the original post...Wimberley has no chance. Their defense isn't playing very well at all right now. They gave up over 200 yards in the air to Antonian, 49 points to Liberty Hill, and then 24 to a Llano team that had only managed 6 in their previous 3 games. That's not good going into the Burnet game. Burnet has been trying to keep it close in the first half to allow their starters to play longer into the game. Don't know if that will happen this week.

Gobbla2001
10-24-2003, 09:49 AM
The Guru:
If you're just a little better, then those calls have a huge impact on the game.

And back to the original post...Wimberley has no chance. Their defense isn't playing very well at all right now. They gave up over 200 yards in the air to Antonian, 49 points to Liberty Hill, and then 24 to a Llano team that had only managed 6 in their previous 3 games. That's not good going into the Burnet game. Burnet has been trying to keep it close in the first half to allow their starters to play longer into the game. Don't know if that will happen this week.I know, just giving my Burnet guys hell again...

You guys still love me, right?

cunbed10
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Gobbla2001:
Though refs can blow calls and sometimes game-deciding blown calls, if your team were that much better than the other team, the blown calls wouldn't be a factor...I Agree G2001, when we played Burnet we had two back to back calls, Intentional grounding, and pass interference on a fake punt, but the score plainly showed that Burnet was the better team on 26Sep03, now in Dec 03 Marlin could be the better team. :cool:

beefy
10-24-2003, 09:59 AM
does wimberley have a shot to win? Yes they do. Coach Nelms has never brought an unprepared or unmotivated team to a friday night game. The texans will be hungry for the biggest upset of the year. The way the bulldogs have been playing they may be prime for shock.

The Guru
10-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Burnet has been playing just fine. There will be no upset. They could have done to Bandera in the first half, what they did to them in the second half. They are conditioning their starters to play a whole game. Rather than leaving them in the second half with a 40 point lead already, they are keeping the score close in the first half by not going for the big play and by not taking what the defense is giving them. Do you actually think the district teams are that much better than what Burnet has been facing? If it's close at halftime, get ready for it in the second half. And nothing against Coach Nelms, but he didn't exactly take a prepared team to Liberty Hill.

LowDownDawg
10-24-2003, 10:50 AM
The only way Wimberley has a shot, is if Burnet fails to show up, literally. Other than that, won't happen. As far as Burnet not going for the big stuff to get the first team more time on the grass, bull. Offense had an off night last week. Look for Burnet to score at will tonight, and in the first half and second half.

cm4444
10-24-2003, 11:01 AM
If Wimberley comes into this game thinking they have a chance their in for a long night! We won't be in the land of red and blue this year so the field will be level with with 11 guys on each side. The last two years in Wimberley the calls really stunk. I remember one play where the Texans were clearly short on a fourth down attempt but the ref called a Texan over to look at the chains and then called for the sticks to be moved. It was like he asked him, "What do you think sport?" "Oh, looks like a first to you." Then I guess it is.

The Guru
10-24-2003, 11:02 AM
I think the coaches know what they're doing. Why score big in the first half, and sit your starters the second? They're using the games to work on things and to condition their players. You'll see.

Tiny
10-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Burnet 56-14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kosh
10-24-2003, 01:49 PM
espn1:

Football Guru 25:

HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You must be sick. The game 2 years ago was WON by Wimberley with NO help from the refs. McGee was young and so was Shipley and they got beat by a more mature Meeks and Slaughter team. I was there that game and saw the whole thing. Don't blame the refs. Don't you guys hate it when a team loses and they blame the refs?Well then you have no clue what you're talking about. That was the 2nd to the worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life.The officiating may have not been to Burnet’s liking, but that is not what got them beat. I seem to remember that the RB from Burnet passed the ball to one of Wimberley’s defenders instead of just taking a loss. That was just one mistake on a night when they were plentiful for the bulldogs. The refs didn’t beat Burnet, Wimberley did. If the Burnet fans can’t accept that then maybe they should say that Burnet beat themselves… with a little help from Wimberley.

burnetgurl02
10-24-2003, 02:10 PM
This is kind of ridiculous....regardless of the past games between Burnet and Wimberley, you have to look at the obvious factors that come into play THIS year! Burnet has played and defeated much better teams than Wimberley. Even if Burnet had a bit of an off week last week they will win it all tonight back on their home field!

HotDawg89
10-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Kosh:

espn1:

Football Guru 25:

HotDawg89:

On a more serious topic though- Wimberley is finally playing in Burnet. The last two years we dealt with bad calls while we were visiting Wimberley. Though last year was better than the year before last. As soon as the game was over, the refs were out of there so fast it was amazing. I honestly think that a clear cut homocide was on the mind of many Burnet fans that year! That was the worst game I have ever seen called in my life. But I love Wimberley. It is beautiful!You must be sick. The game 2 years ago was WON by Wimberley with NO help from the refs. McGee was young and so was Shipley and they got beat by a more mature Meeks and Slaughter team. I was there that game and saw the whole thing. Don't blame the refs. Don't you guys hate it when a team loses and they blame the refs?Well then you have no clue what you're talking about. That was the 2nd to the worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life.The officiating may have not been to Burnet’s liking, but that is not what got them beat. I seem to remember that the RB from Burnet passed the ball to one of Wimberley’s defenders instead of just taking a loss. That was just one mistake on a night when they were plentiful for the bulldogs. The refs didn’t beat Burnet, Wimberley did. If the Burnet fans can’t accept that then maybe they should say that Burnet beat themselves… with a little help from Wimberley.This board is all about opinions, and there are plenty to go around...but I have to say this- year before last, it was pretty obvious that something wasn't right about MANY of the calls that were made. It is pretty bad when you have an entire town ticked off, but it's worse when the very well respected preacher at our church, who was sitting next to us began predicting what the next penalty would be against Burnet, prior to any snap. What's even worse, he was dead on accurate. Over and OVer and OVER again. There was a penalty called on EVERY SINGLE first down that Burnet made, and then Wimberley was given many opportunities they should not have had by the refs moving the ball or spotting it terribly. There was talk that one of the officials were related to a Wimberley player, and the scandal was huge. But I am pretty sure it all turned out to only be talk.

Wimberley very well may have won that game without the refs help as they had a lot of talent that year, but no one will ever know. Friend, I'm telling you- it was bad.

But regardless, good luck to both teams tonight, and lets hope like crazy we all come out healthy!

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>