PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Dallas Cowboys

coach
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
They played like pure doggie poo tonight and still almost came out on top. They had 3 unlucky bounces ( the int of whitten, the diving catch by manningham, and the 3rd down conversion that our line tipped and manningham caught)...you take one of those away the cowboys win.

Also Romo's play was atrocious, BUT i know he can play better and i think he has improved from last year.

The boys missed TO tonight.

The cowboys (when marion barber is healthy) has the best running game in the league.

Our defense would be solid, but our secondary is absolutely pitiful. You could argue that solely lost us the game tonight.

Lastly, the Boys played this bad and still out played arguably, the team to beat in the NFC.

This all being said, they need to get it together and hope MBIII will be able to play next week.

BullsFan
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Here's my take on the Cowboys.

Tonight they sucked. Flashes of good, but lots of suck.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Tony Romo sucks. They need a new QB. Been saying it forever.

BullsFan
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
You know, I have either defended or made excuses for Romo for years. I'm pretty much done with that. This year there are no distractions, nothing that should get in the way of him showing what he's worth. And if he can't do it this year, it's time to start looking for a new QB. And possibly a new head coach and/or offensive coordinator while we're at it. And based on tonight and last week, a new defensive coordinator too.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Me too! :clap: :clap:

coach
09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Here's my take on the Cowboys.

Tonight they sucked. Flashes of good, but lots of suck.

i agree they sucked tonight but look how close they were to winning against one of the best in the league

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by coach

Lastly, the Boys played this bad and still out played arguably, the team to beat in the NFC.

Who cares if they outplayed them? The Giant's are 2-0 in the Division right now and the Cowboys just lost another close game they should've won.

There's got to come a time where losing games you outplayed people in gets old!

The cowboys need winners on the sideline and on the field.

WylieBulldog92
09-21-2009, 12:12 AM
0 sacks for both teams, they both miss or need a new defensive coordinator.

D4C
09-21-2009, 12:41 AM
some of ya'll diss the cowboys but the bottom line is that they are a good team, yeah Romo has off days but i bet no one said anything about Brady or the other "good" QB's in the league that sucked it up. MBIII is the best RB in the NFL by my standards. the defense secondary is shotty but the front 7 are virtually unstoppable so it works out some. and by the way what teams do ya'll cheer for the Pats and the Colts and other so called "super bowl favorites" ya'll are from TX why would u cheer for a team that u dont even live in, to me that's stupid:p

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by coach

The boys missed TO tonight.
How can you say that? Oh you mean because they didnt have any dropped passes. :D

Bull Butter
09-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by D4C
MBIII is the best RB in the NFL by my standards.

Obviously, you've never heard of Adrian Peterson:confused:

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 06:11 AM
The Cowboys played well but had some bad luck and some errors by Romo but if you think about it some of the best Qb's have bad games. Aikman threw 5 interceptions in a game during the last superbowl run. In fact I think he threw 3 in the NFC championship game in Dallas against SF in the first half. Romo's pass to whitten was put right in the only place where it could be caught and not intercepted. I'm not happy with Romo's performance tonight at all but I'm just saying he is the best QB we have had since Aikman. So until mcgee takes over we need to support him and the Cowboys

IrishTex
09-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Run/pass ratio on our drives.

4 TD drives? 21 runs, 10 passes.

8 other drives that went nowhere (1 got a FG)? 8 runs, 20 passes.

This ain't rocket science people. 2-1 run ratio and we score touchdowns. 2-1 pass ratio and we fail.

8 yards per carry! 8 YARDS!!!! Our O line was beating them when we ran right at them. I was yelling at the TV the whole game . . . RUN THE BALL GARRETT!!!!!

Trashman
09-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Romo lost this game plain and simple. Take away one of his turn overs and Dallas wins. I have not given up on Romo, but I'm close.:D

BuckeyeNut
09-21-2009, 07:36 AM
ROMO HAS NEVER WON THE BIG GAMES. WHEN U CANT THROW THE BALL 10YARDS TO A WIDE OPEN TIGHT END ITS TIME TO GO HOME WE NEED A NEW QB. I AM SURE NEXT WEEK HE WILL DO GOOD BUT WHEN ITS A BIG GAME AND WE NEED HIM ROMO WILL NEVER BE THE BIG TIME QB DALLAS NEEDS. JJ PLEASE DRAFT US A QB.

Eagle 1
09-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
The Cowboys played well but had some bad luck and some errors by Romo but if you think about it some of the best Qb's have bad games. Aikman threw 5 interceptions in a game during the last superbowl run. In fact I think he threw 3 in the NFC championship game in Dallas against SF in the first half. Romo's pass to whitten was put right in the only place where it could be caught and not intercepted. I'm not happy with Romo's performance tonight at all but I'm just saying he is the best QB we have had since Aikman. So until mcgee takes over we need to support him and the Cowboys

No comparison between Romo and Aikman.
Romo has never won a playoff game.

Farmersfan
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
At some point Romo will make good on all the thousands of promises to "Learn from the mistakes" and become the greatest QB in NFL history. (for you slow people that means he makes A TON of mistakes). At least we didn't have to listen to him lecture us on what is important in life and where football ranks for him.
And anyone who doesn't see that Tony Romo was completely and solely responsible for this loss doesn't know much about football. The defense was repeatedly put in a bad spot. They didn't perform well but they performed well enough to win against a very good (and healthy) Giants offense. It was the Dallas offense (Romo) who failed while playing a beat up and injured Giants defense. The scary part is that they will likly be healthy when Romo goes up to New York later in the year.........................
Can anyone say 29.6 passer rating???????? Give me a break. Can we pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stop making excuses for Tony Romo?

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Romo has a confidence problem. I think the man is in inner turmoil and tries to hide it with a big possum grin all the time. He had better get a handle on it and start to deliver in the clutches---that is why he makes the big bucks.

The Cowboy secondary also lacks confidence. They are so afraid of getting burned that they give the other team a completion nearly every play by refusing to play up tight on the receivers. It is obvious they have coverage problems and try to make up for this with athleticism instead of a combo of athleticism and smarts.

All of these problems are correctable, but the clock is ticking and it will strike midnight this year on several players and coaches if the Cowboys fizzle against the good teams in the stretch.

I am a Cowboy fan---but I am growing tired of the 12th year of mediocrity. Jerry Jones has done everything to try to correct the problems pointed out to him----there are simply no more excuses.

Go Cowboys!

pancho villa
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
No comparison between Romo and Aikman.
Romo has never won a playoff game.

At least Romo likes girls. Unlike Troy.

BobcatBenny
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, I will admit that I was a Romosexual at one point, but clearly it is not genetic. I can be deprogrammed (Thanks New York!). The love affair is over.

Romo had better take a lot of the little blue pills or whatever it takes to play like a professional again, before I will let him back into my bed. :(

BBDE nailed this one.

IrishTex
09-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Speaking of which....

What the Hades was Jessica Simpson doing in JJ's suite????

:eek:

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, I will admit that I was a Romosexual at one point, but clearly it is not genetic. I can be deprogrammed (Thanks New York!). The love affair is over.

Romo had better take a lot of the little blue pills or whatever it takes to play like a professional again, before I will let him back into my bed. :(

BBDE nailed this one.

Don't go that far, Benny---you might find BBDE in your bed. :D :eek:

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Yes I too must admit I was once a charter Romosexual, now i've kicked hiss @$$ to the curb. Problem is we s(t)uck with him this season unless he gets hurt and then we get Kitna(woo hoo talk about your upgrades...NOT) So we have a mediocre quarterback and the whole world knows it and we have a great field of backs waiting to be handed the ball... Although I am not a Romosexual I still hate Garrett more...hes gotta know by now Romo cant come through when he needs to...GIVE THE BACKS THE FREAKING BALL...geez

Farmersfan
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Speaking of which....

What the Hades was Jessica Simpson doing in JJ's suite????

:eek:

Maybe Jessica is the only thing Tony is able to give JJ that might make up for all the money he's being paid!!!!!! I know Jerry isn't getting his money's worth on the field.......................

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
You know, I have either defended or made excuses for Romo for years. I'm pretty much done with that. This year there are no distractions, nothing that should get in the way of him showing what he's worth. And if he can't do it this year, it's time to start looking for a new QB. And possibly a new head coach and/or offensive coordinator while we're at it. And based on tonight and last week, a new defensive coordinator too.

Right there with ya BullsFan. I wrote him off publically last year after the Philly game... (I think I might even posted here about that). The man cannot play well under pressure. For many games we would ooooh and ahhhh over some really cool throw he would make under pressure and while scrambling... all the while overlooking the mistakes he made.

Well...

He had an entire offseason to put distractions behind him. He had several months to get his game ready. And this is what you get?

Look at those Interceptions... you throw behind a wide open TE... you throw a ball between Crayton and Williams to nobody... and then you throw a ball to the Center Fielder for a fly out.

I said it last year and will say it again... He is not a big game QB, has no skins on the wall, and never will.

Also, I am not being too hard on the D today. They bent, but did not break. They did a great job of hold the Giants to FGs, and many times on short fields. Bottom line, they kept you in the game and made it winnable. Secondary looks bad, but there will be other teams that Eli and his rec's will embarrass too.

IrishTex
09-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Maybe Jessica is the only thing Tony is able to give JJ that might make up for all the money he's being paid!!!!!! I know Jerry isn't getting his money's worth on the field.......................

Haha....I doubt Jerry is still getting his money's worth...lol

injuredinmelee
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by D4C
some of ya'll diss the cowboys but the bottom line is that they are a good team, yeah Romo has off days but i bet no one said anything about Brady or the other "good" QB's in the league that sucked it up. MBIII is the best RB in the NFL by my standards. the defense secondary is shotty but the front 7 are virtually unstoppable so it works out some. and by the way what teams do ya'll cheer for the Pats and the Colts and other so called "super bowl favorites" ya'll are from TX why would u cheer for a team that u dont even live in, to me that's stupid:p

be honest with yourself here... How many games has Romo won with great play and how many games has he given away with his gunslinger mentality or bonehead mistakes. He is NOT NFL caliber talent. Never has been never will be. Time to look to the future and draft a QB next April.

injuredinmelee
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
the distraction excuse is crap. He is a PROFESSIONAL... well maybe not mentally tough enough. I would say his nascar equivalent is Dale Jr. Neither has the mental ability to win on the big stage.

Pick6
09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He is NOT NFL caliber talent.

He is NFL caliber, in today's NFL.

Macarthur
09-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
be honest with yourself here... How many games has Romo won with great play and how many games has he given away with his gunslinger mentality or bonehead mistakes. He is NOT NFL caliber talent. Never has been never will be. Time to look to the future and draft a QB next April.

IM, this is a real head scratcher to me.

He's not an 'NFL Talent'? Wow. Romo is a very skilled QB. Granted, he has got to clean up the turnovers or he will not win big games, but a guy that in a little over three years has 85 TDs and 49 INTs can't do that without some talent.

I'm as frustrated as anyone after last night, but those talking about getting rid of him, who are you going to put in his place? Who are you going to draft that is going to come in and beat him out?

Think about this, guys.

venomous tat2
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree Irish Tex the Cowboys were killing them with the run and scored points the passing game did not show up , I fault the offense out come on jason garrett he continued to call passing plays that wasn't working . The defense on the other hand did not let the giants run the ball well .Bottom line the oc has to go with what works , they don't have a deep thret anymore and cannot continue to call those type plays .this was a game they should have won and Romo had horriable night throwing the ball

injuredinmelee
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
IM, this is a real head scratcher to me.

He's not an 'NFL Talent'? Wow. Romo is a very skilled QB. Granted, he has got to clean up the turnovers or he will not win big games, but a guy that in a little over three years has 85 TDs and 49 INTs can't do that without some talent.

I'm as frustrated as anyone after last night, but those talking about getting rid of him, who are you going to put in his place? Who are you going to draft that is going to come in and beat him out?

Think about this, guys.

Fair enough. He has NFL talent but not NFL championship talent.

Macarthur
09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, and that is the burden he will carry until he comes through in some late season meaningful games.

I've been a huge Romo supporter, but I'm very much in a 'show me' mode right now. The thing is, the mistakes he is making are very correctable if he's committed to correcting them. And I'm wondering why, or if, Garrett gets him behind closed doors and says, "Look dude, ......".

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
I agree Irish Tex the Cowboys were killing them with the run and scored points the passing game did not show up , I fault the offense out come on jason garrett he continued to call passing plays that wasn't working . The defense on the other hand did not let the giants run the ball well .Bottom line the oc has to go with what works , they don't have a deep thret anymore and cannot continue to call those type plays .this was a game they should have won and Romo had horriable night throwing the ball last week they threw 3 td's over 40 yards. The problem last night was they never tried until that interception. They just called "safe" passes, And that worked well (NOT)!
For yall saying that Romo isn't nfl caliber, He has more yards and td's that all the other qb'sput together since aikmen. Yes he has his moments but who is out there better. Name me one qb who has played perfect every week. Look at Bret Farve he has the same mentalitty and style that romo has. How many games has he lost due to "gunslinging"?:thinking:

Macarthur
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
last week they threw 3 td's over 40 yards. The problem last night was they never tried until that interception. They just called "safe" passes, And that worked well (NOT)!
For yall saying that Romo isn't nfl caliber, He has more yards and td's that all the other qb'sput together since aikmen. Yes he has his moments but who is out there better. Name me one qb who has played perfect every week. Look at Bret Farve he has the same mentalitty and style that romo has. How many games has he lost due to "gunslinging"?:thinking:

Actually, I disagree. The Giants kept their 2 safeties deep and were not going to give up the deep play. That's why the run game was working so well. Frankly, I fault Garrett for calling that deep ball to Hurd because the run game was working so well, the Giants were gased and they had a chance for the kill shot. They got too cute.

Just like last week, the Cowboys took what the defense was giving them and the run game was working. The problem was that Garrett just can't stand it when he can't go down field.

BwdLions
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Romo has made plays in the past that made me think he was ready to lead the Cowboys to a higher level. However, he's not getting any better and is actually getting worse (IMO). After watching last night, I think it's time for JJ to make the first draft pick in 2010 a QB.

JasperDog94
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The problem was that Garrett just can't stand it when he can't go down field. I couldn't agree more. I don't think the major problem is Romo. Yeah, he made some bad throws and I was pretty ticked at him for it. But the majority of the blame goes to Jason Garrett. He went away from the run when we were gashing them for huge gains.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Garret may call the plays... but Romo has to manage the offense on the field. If you throw when you should be running, then maybe the worst we should see is a three and out. Not passes deep to the centerfielder.

Romo played terrible.

BleedOrange
09-21-2009, 03:55 PM
I think everyone is giving up on Romo a little too quickly. Remember a certain QB named Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games. He may not turn into a Manning but the ability is there. Granted, he had a terrible game last night which was the reason they lost. I think he leads to Cowboys to the playoffs and gets his first playoff victory as a QB this year. This post may come back to bite me in the rear but that,s how I see it.

Emerson1
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I couldn't agree more. I don't think the major problem is Romo. Yeah, he made some bad throws and I was pretty ticked at him for it. But the majority of the blame goes to Jason Garrett. He went away from the run when we were gashing them for huge gains.

And you would think more people would realize that, espcially here since everyone thinks they are the most knowledgeable person in the world on football.

Cowboys averaged 8.7 yards per carry on 29 rushing attempts. Romo was having a bad game, yet Garrett still kept going to the air even when they had the lead late in the game.

Also, what the hell was up with them not using a timeout at the end. They had at least 2 left and could have called timeout with more then 5 seconds left and either A. Forced NY to run another play, or B, Called it with 6 seconds left and they would have gotten the ball back with 1 second left.

BwdLions
09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
I think everyone is giving up on Romo a little too quickly. Remember a certain QB named Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games. He may not turn into a Manning but the ability is there. Granted, he had a terrible game last night which was the reason they lost. I think he leads to Cowboys to the playoffs and gets his first playoff victory as a QB this year. This post may come back to bite me in the rear but that,s how I see it.

It's not like this is Romo's first season, or even his second. The Cowboys have way too much talent to let a short-handed Giants' team beat them last night on their home turf. You break that game down and try and figure out what happened. It all leads to Romo and his poor performance on the field. He's a nice guy and has the potential, but he's not delivering.

crzyjournalist03
09-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You break that game down and try and figure out what happened. It all leads to Romo and his poor performance on the field. He's a nice guy and has the potential, but he's not delivering.

Kind of like that guy Brady failed to deliver in New York yesterday...all the signs for that loss point squarely at him too...

It's one game. People forget about the "big" games that Romo has won, because it ruins the always-fun "He can't win big games" theories. Let's not forget that he beat the Giants last December on their way to the NFC's top seed, or that he beat Philly last year at home or Green Bay the year before with the #1 seed on the line.

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 04:58 PM
One more question....Why do the Cowboys continue to keep an older, slow lineman named Flozell Adams around? Most penalized player in the league who must resort to tripping on almost every pass play because he gets beat by speed rushers time and again.....

Emerson1
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Romo is put in position to fail. If he is having a bad game and you are averaging 8 ypc you run the ball more then 50% of the time.

turbostud
09-21-2009, 05:11 PM
From TO's twitter page......

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__16/ept_sports_nfl_experts-170855667-1253548073.jpg?ympQT7BDN3sSUL9_

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by turbostud

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__16/ept_sports_nfl_experts-170855667-1253548073.jpg?ympQT7BDN3sSUL9_

This from the same guy who was crying when the media was picking on 'his' quarterback? IMO---typical T.O. (if he's even being serious)---he's stuck in a low-profile franchise based at the North Pole so he's got to find a way to try to get back in the spotlight.

crzyjournalist03
09-21-2009, 05:24 PM

fake...

This is his real twitter that you access from his official website:

http://twitter.com/terrellowens

coach
09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
what about the baltimore last year...that was in december and romo played his ass off. The defenses played like crap and romo kept getting them back into the game....if our defense could tackle that game we would have clinched the playoffs BUT no...you guys try and find all the bad things romo does.....i bet none of yall knew he had the highest passer rating in the entire nfl in the 4th qrt last year. I guess we need to go back to vinny testeverde, quincy carter, and brad johnson...

crzyjournalist03
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by coach
what about the baltimore last year...that was in december and romo played his ass off. The defenses played like crap and romo kept getting them back into the game....if our defense could tackle that game we would have clinched the playoffs BUT no...you guys try and find all the bad things romo does.....i bet none of yall knew he had the highest passer rating in the entire nfl in the 4th qrt last year. I guess we need to go back to vinny testeverde, quincy carter, and brad johnson...

13-3 two years ago
8-5 last year

He comes through far more often than not. And sometimes, he wins games when he's not playing well (see Buffalo last year).

BuffyMars
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Kind of ironic..Last year Dallas beat Philly in week 2 on Monday night in a shootout and it was all Dallas is a SB team Philly has alot of holes...Well we see how the season turned out.

My point is..it is ONE game of the 09 season, lets see how things play out before we bury Dallas

turbostud
09-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
fake...

This is his real twitter that you access from his official website:

http://twitter.com/terrellowens

Fake???? Its not fake. Its on his twitter page.

Click on your link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "more". It was posted 18 hours ago.

"RT @mcgowanboi: @terrellowens Dallas just found out they had a T.R. problem not a T.O problem !!
about 18 hours ago from UberTwitter"

GrTigers6
09-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
One more question....Why do the Cowboys continue to keep an older, slow lineman named Flozell Adams around? Most penalized player in the league who must resort to tripping on almost every pass play because he gets beat by speed rushers time and again..... :iagree: :2thumbsup

BullsFan
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Here's what I saw on TO's twitter page:

Look, I'm nt gonna say anything bad about the cowboys, I hate tht sum of my boys played hard & they lost! Hope my boy MB is ok!! Nite!

It's the morning after, and I've decided I'm not going to let last night weigh on me too much. It was an emotionally heightened game because of the new stadium and the hype and the celebs and alums and such, but when all is said and done it's just one game early in the season. There's a LOT of football left to play, and I'm willing to wait it out before I condemn anyone. Too many more games like this one and I might feel differently, but for now....there's always next week.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

D4C
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Obviously, you've never heard of Adrian Peterson:confused:

i said by my standards think before u say something. Ap is good but i just like a running back that is sort of under the radar and not always being talked about MBIII is a quality RB

Farmersfan
09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
All Cowboys fans went through a stretch of years where we had to watch Vinny, Quincey and Drew struggle to get anything done with this team.(A very bad team). When Romo came along and showed flashes of brilliance a whole lot of people jumped on his bandwagon. But the "Flashes" are getting more and more seldom as time goes by. Romo WON our hearts with scrambling throws that amazed even the pros. He got out of trouble with his feet and made illogical and unlikely plays look common place at times. But those things are in the past. Someone somewhere has turned Romo into a pocket passer and he is failing miserably. His passer rating is falling faster than a cubbby at Rosanne Barrs house. Those who still insist on hanging on to the dream are refusing to think about going back to those days with Quincy or Drew. Some of you like to compare Romo's numbers to some of the other great QB's around the league but there is one BIG difference, Romo took over a very, very talented team. Aikman, Peyton and others played with terrible teams their first few years. No comparison. But the bottomline is Romo played for a nobody college for a reason. Romo went undrafted for a reason. And Romo sat for 4 years as a 3rd backup on this team for a reason. We are seeing those reasons now. He was a great success story and gave us some good hope for a while but as soon as the coaches and media took away his legs by telling him he was a great QB it signaled the end of the Romo era. It's time to move on and try to get someone else. Of course this is just my opinion!

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Fake???? Its not fake. Its on his twitter page.

Click on your link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "more". It was posted 18 hours ago.

"RT @mcgowanboi: @terrellowens Dallas just found out they had a T.R. problem not a T.O problem !!
about 18 hours ago from UberTwitter"

What does RT mean? I thought that he wasn't the one who actually posted that.

Macarthur
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Garret may call the plays... but Romo has to manage the offense on the field. If you throw when you should be running, then maybe the worst we should see is a three and out. Not passes deep to the centerfielder.

Romo played terrible.

I'm not absolving Romo of responsibility. He made big mistakes.

However, my point is that the OC needs to have a feel for how the game is going and it was pretty clear at that point that Tony was not having his best game and the Giants were going to keep the safties deep which is why the running game was working. Keep churning it out, IMO.

Bullaholic

One more question....Why do the Cowboys continue to keep an older, slow lineman named Flozell Adams around? Most penalized player in the league who must resort to tripping on almost every pass play because he gets beat by speed rushers time and again.....

I think many are too hard on Flo. He does get too many penalties, but he absolutely whipped Osi all night long. That play with Tuck was really his only negative play because he got off balance. For the very few times Romo has gotten blindsided the last 3 years, I'll give up one or two penalties a game.

pitchdaball
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by D4C

Hes good but not even in the same class as Adrian Peterson

Move The Chains
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by D4C
i said by my standards think before u say something. Ap is good but i just like a running back that is sort of under the radar and not always being talked about MBIII is a quality RB There is a big difference between "best Rb in the NFL" and "quality rb who doesn't get talked about."

And you told that guy to "think." LMAO

Emerson1
09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Barber is far from being the best RB in the league.

95mustang
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I would still take him over the others if I were a coach.

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I would still take him over the others if I were a coach.

that's why you'd never have the opportunity to be a coach. :p :D

Farmersfan
09-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
that's why you'd never have the opportunity to be a coach. :p :D

Hell! If Wade can do it anyone could do it............

Emerson1
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys 251 yards rushing was their highest total since 1993 .

Jason Garrett needs to pull his head out.

D4C
09-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
There is a big difference between "best Rb in the NFL" and "quality rb who doesn't get talked about."

And you told that guy to "think." LMAO

is there really cuz LT was the same way man, quality Rb and was the best a while back was he ever really talked about other than just play on the field on sundays:thinking:

D4C
09-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

what the guy goes out every sunday or monday and plays his heart out. that gives him the nod on being that IN MY BOOK. ya'll really dont understand do ya'll:D

mustang04
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by D4C
MBIII is the best RB in the NFL by my standards.

Your standards be off.......Adrian Peterson is WAYYYYYYY better than MB

Z-RO
09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I love what T.O. posted on his twitter. It was something to the affect of "it looks like they had more of a T.R. then a T.O. problem"

It’s the truth; they don’t have T.O. to blame any more. I think it is pretty safe to say that Kitna would not have lost that game. He might not be a super star, but they don’t need that. They just need somebody to manage the game with minimal mistakes.

Emerson1
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by D4C
what the guy goes out every sunday or monday and plays his heart out. that gives him the nod on being that IN MY BOOK. ya'll really dont understand do ya'll:D
99% of the players in the league do that exact same thing.