PDA

View Full Version : My take on Navasota and Bellville

Gsquared
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Both teams were better than what I expected. Belliville QB and RB were great!!! Oline was pretty good too. Made a few to many mistakes to really stay within two possesions of Navasota. Navasota was really suprising to me! QB and RB tearing them up behind a really good oline. Navasota is the real deal! Number 79 from Navasota is one of the best ball players I have seen this year. Only thing I think that might keep the Rattlers from making a really deep in the playoffs is numbers on the Oline. #79 played both ways, along with another lineman. Could or couldnt hurt them.

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Both teams were better than what I expected. Belliville QB and RB were great!!! Oline was pretty good too. Made a few to many mistakes to really stay within two possesions of Navasota. Navasota was really suprising to me! QB and RB tearing them up behind a really good oline. Navasota is the real deal! Number 79 from Navasota is one of the best ball players I have seen this year. Only thing I think that might keep the Rattlers from making a really deep in the playoffs is numbers on the Oline. #79 played both ways, along with another lineman. Could or couldnt hurt them.

Im glad that you enjoyed the game and I hope that it was worth the drive.

Gsquared
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Im glad that you enjoyed the game and I hope that it was worth the drive.
It was very worth the drive!!!

OldBison75
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
G2, we were honored to have you come watch the game. But, you are wrong about #79 playing both ways. He primarily plays offense and has since a freshman when he was like 6'4 and 300 pounds. He has some of the best feet for a big man you will see and is a pretty darn good basketball player in a run and shoot bb offense too. He does play some defensive line, but is limited to about 15 or so plays when the other team has a good running attack. He played more against Bellville on defense than he has in any other game this year.

He and #74 are division 1 prospects and have both been looked at by several colleges.

Gsquared
09-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
G2, we were honored to have you come watch the game. But, you are wrong about #79 playing both ways. He primarily plays offense and has since a freshman when he was like 6'4 and 300 pounds. He has some of the best feet for a big man you will see and is a pretty darn good basketball player in a run and shoot bb offense too. He does play some defensive line, but is limited to about 15 or so plays when the other team has a good running attack. He played more against Bellville on defense than he has in any other game this year.

He and #74 are division 1 prospects and have both been looked at by several colleges.
Oh ok, they played him just about every down on O and D Friday night. I was pretty impressed with 74 also. Oh yeah, the Center was pretty dar good too

Pudlugger
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Cuero-Navasota D1 semi-final? Just thinking out loud is all.

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Cuero-Navasota D1 semi-final? Just thinking out loud is all.

Gilmer may have something to say about that in region III.

OldBison75
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Navasota has the potiential to make it to that kind of status, but there is still alot of work to be done. They made alot of mistakes in the Bellville game that need to be corrected, dropped passes, missed defensive assignments, etc. The athletes and team chemistry are there to go a long ways, if they can eliminate mistakes and remain consistent. At this time, Navasota might be considered a team that could play with any team in 3A, if they are executing well. However, they need to develope that consistency every quarter of every week to be in the same class with Gilmer and Abilene Wylie.

beastyboyz
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Navasota has pretty good speed. They have size too. They should go pretty deep in the playoffs

navscanmaster
09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I think if we are destined to go to state anytime soon, it will be this year. You don't get a QB that is as great as Kye is athletically and is also a calm, cool leader on the field too often. These boys really play hard now, and I saw them take it up a notch against Bellville. If they can maintain that level of intensity, the Rattlers will be on their way to state. The Rattler D vs. the Gilmer or Cuero O would be a dandy! I remember saying before the season that I thought that the defense would be what carried us this year, and while the offense is good enough to put up a lot of points on most teams, the defense was what won the Bellville game. Turnovers, pursuit, sure tackling, etc. I didn't think 24 points would be enough to beat a top ten team.

The defense is allowing 8.5 points per game thus far.

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think if we are destined to go to state anytime soon, it will be this year. You don't get a QB that is as great as Kye is athletically and is also a calm, cool leader on the field too often. These boys really play hard now, and I saw them take it up a notch against Bellville. If they can maintain that level of intensity, the Rattlers will be on their way to state. The Rattler D vs. the Gilmer or Cuero O would be a dandy! I remember saying before the season that I thought that the defense would be what carried us this year, and while the offense is good enough to put up a lot of points on most teams, the defense was what won the Bellville game. Turnovers, pursuit, sure tackling, etc. I didn't think 24 points would be enough to beat a top ten team.

The defense is allowing 8.5 points per game thus far. I wouldn't go so far as to say state. I've seen alot of teams that impressed me a bit more than Navasota, including 08 Navasota, and only one of those teams won state. (06 Wimberley)

navscanmaster
09-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I wouldn't go so far as to say state. I've seen alot of teams that impressed me a bit more than Navasota, including 08 Navasota, and only one of those teams won state. (06 Wimberley)
I would. I think we can compete for the win against anybody else in 3A right now. Besides, the idea of my post is that next year looks like a reloading year for the offensive line and a large share of the defense due to graduation. You may be right about 08 Navasota, but they lost to La Vega even with all those big names. Plus, the 08 defense was only a glimmer of what this year's team has.
It was 1988 the only time Navasota went to state in football, so forgive me if after two straight QF losses we are a little hungry here.:p

Gsquared
09-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I would. I think we can compete for the win against anybody else in 3A right now. Besides, the idea of my post is that next year looks like a reloading year for the offensive line and a large share of the defense due to graduation. You may be right about 08 Navasota, but they lost to La Vega even with all those big names. Plus, the 08 defense was only a glimmer of what this year's team has.
It was 1988 the only time Navasota went to state in football, so forgive me if after two straight QF losses we are a little hungry here.:p
Ive had a chance to see alot of the 3A AP top 5 so far and I think Navasota can hang with any of the ones ive seen.