PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Rudder (2-1) @ Navasota (4-0)

navscanmaster
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Well, here we are. The FSN Southwest DQ Big game of the week. I might not have thought so a few weeks ago, but with a really strong Navasota Rattler team fresh off a big road victory over a ranked team, and Rudder on it's first ever win streak, it should be a good matchup. Remember, even though Rudder's oldest class is juniors, they already have lower-midsize 4A numbers. They will have the depth to not be totally outmanned, but will they have the defensive ability to slow down the Rattler offense? Also, can they score any touchdowns on the Rattler defense? A few game notes:

It will be Navasota's homecoming and first home game of the 2009 season. The Diamonettes will have an event in remembrance of Jessica and Sierra, the sisters who passed away in a bad car wreck this summer. Navasota will be fired up for this one.
Rudder is still proving itself. They have the size and numbers to be competitive, as well as a couple of playmakers, namely Tre Hammond at WR and Kyle Danford at QB. Danford is also the district's best punter, and Kicker Johnson is probably headed to college after next year. Rudder will have a very good idea as to how they will compete in D24 after this game.

The way I see it:
Navasota 49, Rudder 10.

marlin fan
09-20-2009, 05:44 PM
this should be good one! since Navasota moved out of Region 8 i dont get to see their band anymore and this will be the first year for Ruddars band!! i wish i could come see this game

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
this should be good one! since Navasota moved out of Region 8 i dont get to see their band anymore and this will be the first year for Ruddars band!! i wish i could come see this game

;)

Come on down!

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Rudder is playing great ball. Not to take anything from them, but, I don't think that they are ready to handle an opponent like the top rated Rattlers.

It will be key that Navasota comes out and strike fast like they are known for doing.

It should be a sold out event given its Navasota's 5th game, yet, only their first home game, it's homecoming, and FoxSportsSW will be in town all day.

Good Luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

cameron91
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM
rudder by 21...:eek:

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
rudder by 21...:eek:

You said that last year when Navasota play at Cameron. :D

Gsquared
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Umm, Rudders band???? :eek:

cameron91
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
:D ..i wans't in my right mind;)

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
:D ..i wans't in my right mind;)

Are you sure that you are in your right mind now? Or is it those herbs?

cameron91
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
:eek: herb..it's a drought here in the ATX :(

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
:eek: herb..it's a drought here in the ATX :(

Come on now....there is one here too, my neighbor apparently doesn't know it...She smokes everyday.:D

zebrablue2
09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Are you sure that you are in your right mind now? Or is it those herbs?

his post is a never mind---LOL!!!

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
his post is a never mind---LOL!!!

:iagree:

cameron91
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm just playing :D .. but I have to take a shot at the Champs when I can.:D

87 TIGER
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
This will not be a good game to go see, first year for Rudders band or not. Navasota wins big 42-14

HEMOTOXIC
09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/CAMPBELL--DQ-production-will-look-a-little-different

CAMPBELL: DQ production will look a little different

Published Friday, September 25, 2009 6:05 AM

By DAVID CAMPBELL

When Rudder plays at Navasota on Friday in the DQ Big Game of the Week, Fox Sports Southwest has an intriguing new way to bring you the highlights of the District 24-3A opener and its surroundings.

They will let the picture tell the story.

Reporter Neil Beasley has another assignment this week, so campus visits, locker room stops and all other aspects surrounding the game will be captured by photographer Jeff Irwin, who leads a crew of three.

Irwin is certainly capable. He has been the photographer on the DQ Big Game of the Week all seven years that it has been broadcast. Irwin has missed a total of three games in that time -- when his daughter was born, when he cracked a rib and when an assignment with the Texas Rangers kept him away.

The network plans for coverage of the Rudder-Navasota game to be a "natural sound" piece, without voiceovers from a reporter. The story of the game will be told through the camera lens.

Irwin will actually only shoot the first half of the game Friday night. Chris Fitzpatrick does the chief photography for the second half, while Irwin begins editing the segment.

The Big Game feature will first run on High School Scoreboard Live, which begins at midnight after the game. The show is replayed on Saturday at 9 a.m. It will also be on High School Spotlight, FSSW's 30-minute magazine show that is devoted exclusively to high school sports. That will run Sunday at noon and will be replayed Monday at 3 p.m.

HEMOTOXIC
09-25-2009, 07:36 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/Rudder-faces-big-test-at-Navasota

Rudder faces big test at Navasota

Published Friday, September 25, 2009 6:05 AM

By DAVID COLEMAN
david.coleman@theeagle.com

One is an undefeated, state-ranked team looking for a district championship. The other is a surprising 2-1 squad looking for its first district victory as a varsity program.

No wonder this game was chosen as the DQ Game of the Week.

When Rudder takes on Navasota at Rattlers Stadium tonight, the Rangers will be in a completely different position than when the two teams faced off in 2008.

For one thing, Rudder has a couple of positive marks in the victory column. That makes them dangerous, according to Navasota head coach Lee Fedora.

"The biggest thing is this isn't the same team," Fedora said. "They're on a good feel being 2-1. Rudder is coming in looking to get their name. That's going to be our challenge. If we're going to be ranked up high, we're going to have a team coming in to beat us. It puts an X-mark on our backs."

Rudder has a host of starters back from the 2008 team, and those players have helped the Rangers win back-to-back varsity games for the first time in school history. Rudder ran past Hearne last week after holding on against Brookshire-Royal in Week 2.

Running back Restevin Anderson is one of the returning starters and has made the most of his opportunity, rushing for 302 yards on 48 carries to lead the team. Quarterback Kyle Danford only started one game last season at his current position, but has run for four touchdowns and over 200 yards. Danford has also completed 56 percent of his passes for 242 yards and two touchdowns and averaged 38.9 yards per punt.

"The one thing I told our kids is to look at their returning starters," Fedora said. "Coach Pier is a phenomenal coach and has them playing good football. They are kids playing hard, with no 'give-up' in them. You can see that on film and that's sometimes hard to [see]."

Navasota is coming off a big road victory over fifth-ranked Bellville and has been getting excellent play from quarterback Kye Hildrith in particular. Hildrith is one of the Brazos Valley's leading rushers with 364 rushing yards and has completed 32 of 46 passes for 574 yards. In his third season as quarterback, Hildrith brings a steadiness to the offense that can help in tricky situations.

"This team has stepped up to each challenge," Fedora said. "Each week you face challenges. Our first week we played on a Thursday night and we were tested. How was our conditioning going to hold up? The second week, we faced a good team and had to come from behind in the fourth quarter. Our biggest challenge in the third week was the weather, playing in a driving rainstorm. Our fourth game, we go on the road to a top-ranked team and pull out a nice victory.

"It's because we've got great team chemistry right now."

Both teams are opening District 24-3A play, raising the stakes. In the same district with teams like Rockdale, Cameron and Caldwell, there is little margin for error.

"This is our first district ballgame," Fedora said. "Our goal is to win a district championship. In our district, the only way to do that is to go undefeated, so every game is important. Plus, this is our first home game, it's homecoming, there's a lot of things going on. We're just really excited about getting into district play."

RUDDER FOOTBALL

* Friday's game: Rudder (2-1) at Navasota (3-0), 7:30 p.m. Friday

* Radio: KZNE's (95.1 FM) HD-3 station and online at www.rudderrangers.com

HEMOTOXIC
09-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Just a little reminder that Rudder plays at Navasota tonight. For the Rattlers, its their first home game in '09. This game will also be featured as the DQ Game of the Week on Fox Sports.

Rattler fans come out, be loud, and support your Rattlers!

Good Luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

UPanIN
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Rattlers by 7. :1popcorn: