PDA

View Full Version : Irritating GM ad

sinton66
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry Ed Whitaker, you're putting OUR money where your mouth is.

IrishTex
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sorry Ed Whitaker, you're putting OUR money where your mouth is.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

True dat!!

BwdLion73
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Our local Ford dealership in Brownwood is running local ad's saying...we did'nt take any stinkin bail out money! lol

sinton66
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Our local Ford dealership in Brownwood is running local ad's saying...we did'nt take any stinkin bail out money! lol

Yep, it's true. Ford refused to take it. If I ever buy a new car or truck, any guesses what it will be?;)

poisoned10
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Yep, it's true. Ford refused to take it. If I ever buy a new car or truck, any guesses what it will be?;)

My family owns the Chevrolet dealership in Gilmer.

You can come there and talk to my Dad when you want a new vehicle. I'll tell him to take "extra care" of you for being a fellow DL'er.

JasperDog94
09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Yep, it's true. Ford refused to take it. If I ever buy a new car or truck, any guesses what it will be?;) That's what I told my wife the other day. The next vehicle I buy will most definitely not be a GM.

BTW - That commercial bothers me as well. Kind of like the radio adds that say, "The Texas lottery supports Texas education." NO IT DOESN'T!!! It goes into the general fund.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bullaholic
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's what I told my wife the other day. The next vehicle I buy will most definitely not be a GM.

BTW - That commercial bothers me as well. Kind of like the radio adds that say, "The Texas lottery supports Texas education." NO IT DOESN'T!!! It goes into the general fund.:mad: :mad: :mad:

You guys have got to remember that the individual dealers did not decide GM's course of action---many dealers will get or got letters advising them that they are no longer GM dealers. I don't like bailouts either, but we are talking about a lot of hard-working dealers, their families, and a lot of employee's families who depend on these dealers for a living. I've been involved as a car dealer as well as a GM management employee in former years.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That's what I told my wife the other day. The next vehicle I buy will most definitely not be a GM.

Actually, since 1997 it all goes into the education fund now... (all the profits made anyway.)

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/default/Supporting_Education/

JasperDog94
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Actually, since 1997 it all goes into the education fund now... (all the profits made anyway.)

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/default/Supporting_Education/ While I still don't like the idea of the lottery (a tax on people who are really bad at math) this at least supports their advertising.