PDA

View Full Version : I hope Tech destroys everyone else on their schedule...

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2009, 01:41 PM
...as it just makes the rankings for my Longhorns look better and better!

Take heart Tech Fans and remember with every Potts TD pass and every W you post you are doing your part to boost those Longhorns a bit further in the rankings!

;)

LOL, just a little fun.

sinton66
09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
GO RED RAIDERS!!!!:D

Keith7
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Texas didn't look good at all against a mediocre Tech team.. I'm guessing OU ruins texas' chances of a national championship

sinton66
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
of course YOU would.

Move The Chains
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech is going to get beat by OU and OSU, and hopefully UH, A&M, and Baylor. :)

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Texas didn't look good at all against a mediocre Tech team.. I'm guessing OU ruins texas' chances of a national championship

GO MEAN GREEN!

Keith7
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
GO MEAN GREEN!

I agree, Sun Belt play starts this Saturday!

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I agree, Sun Belt play starts this Saturday!

Sun Belt? I thought UNT played D1 ball now? ;)

(and yes, that was sarcasm in both of these post re:UNT)...

No disrespect intended BullsFan!

Z-RO
09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
...as it just makes the rankings for my Longhorns look better and better!

Take heart Tech Fans and remember with every Potts TD pass and every W you post you are doing your part to boost those Longhorns a bit further in the rankings!

;)

LOL, just a little fun.

lol, I really do not see how Tech is not in the top 25??? There are several teams in the top 25 I would rather see Texas play then Tech.

trojan37
09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains

Tech won't get beat by Baylor. Baylor couldn't even beat UConn.

Move The Chains
09-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
lol, I really do not see how Tech is not in the top 25??? There are several teams in the top 25 I would rather see Texas play then Tech. This statement is totally contradictory. LOL.

Rocket
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech puts all of their strength and power into beating UT. They don't usually do much after they play UT, win or lose.

With that said, they played a great game. I was impressed. I also think they played the best they will play all season. OU will beat them 56-14, as usual.

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Tech puts all of their strength and power into beating UT. They don't usually do much after they play UT, win or lose.

With that said, they played a great game. I was impressed. I also think they played the best they will play all season. OU will beat them 56-14, as usual.

The Texas defense last night impressed me. Muschamps second try at Leach's madness turned out well. Colt still hasn't had a game like any of his last year and Texas is still winning ball games. Texas will roll into Dallas a month from now and whip the Sooners. With or without Bradford.

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh, and it goes against conventional wisdom, but I hope Case Keenum and Houston beat the hell outta Tech next week. Only because I've got way too many friends that go to Tech that think Texas Tech football is gods gift to college football.

Go Cougs!

RMAC
09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh, and it goes against conventional wisdom, but I hope Case Keenum and Houston beat the hell outta Tech next week. Only because I've got way too many friends that go to Tech that think Texas Tech football is gods gift to college football.

Go Cougs!

Pot meet Kettle.

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Pot meet Kettle.

I didn't call you out, I said my friends think that.

BobcatBenny
09-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Yes, Tech could lose to all of those teams ... but so could Texas.

Of course, Texas won't lose to UH unless they play each other in the Alamo Bowl. Which isn't that big of a strech. :eek:

carter08
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Go Cougs!

i don't see that being against conventional wisdom at all.

i think this year, UH might have a better offense than Tech. neither team is that good defensively, but with UH at home in a sold out Robertson, I think they might have the advantage in this one.

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by carter08
i don't see that being against conventional wisdom at all.

i think this year, UH might have a better offense than Tech. neither team is that good defensively, but with UH at home in a sold out Robertson, I think they might have the advantage in this one.

I guess I was referring to conventional wisdom as "every team you beat you hope goes undefeated against everyone else" but, i like Keenum and I'm interested in UofH Law, so go COUGS!

BullsFan
09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Sun Belt? I thought UNT played D1 ball now? ;)

Hey now!!!!

No disrespect intended BullsFan!

Good thing you added the disclaimer, slpy. I was about to have to start defending my alma mater. And even though I think Dodge has potential, that was going to be tough!

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
OK, I am lost, last week most people on this board was saying that TU was going to blow Tech out of the stadium, and score atleast 50, I believe I even heard Mack himself say something about his team is averaging 50+ a game this year and expected to put that many up against Tech. Now after the game and Tech played very well both offensively and defensively, and got beat by the #2 team in the country and all of a sudden, eventhough Tech held TU to 34 their defense is not very good. And even though they put 24 on the board in Austin their offense is gimmicky and not very good, not even as good as Cougar High.

Can somebody explain this to me?

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
OK, I am lost, last week most people on this board was saying that TU was going to blow Tech out of the stadium, and score atleast 50, I believe I even heard Mack himself say something about his team is averaging 50+ a game this year and expected to put that many up against Tech. Now after the game and Tech played very well both offensively and defensively, and got beat by the #2 team in the country and all of a sudden, eventhough Tech held TU to 34 their defense is not very good. And even though they put 24 on the board in Austin their offense is gimmicky and not very good, not even as good as Cougar High.

Can somebody explain this to me?

Tech played better than expected and got beat by a Texas team led by Colt McCoy that played subpar.

JasperDog94
09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
OK, I am lost, last week most people on this board was saying that TU was going to blow Tech out of the stadium...

Can somebody explain this to me? The first thing you need explained to you is that Tulane University didn't play Tech this weekend....Texas did.

shamu85
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech played better than expected and got beat by a Texas team led by Colt McCoy that played subpar.

Colt played no differently than he did the first two games of the season.

@Rocket...the Tech-OU game is in Lubbock where I believe Tech won last time. I doubt it will be a blowout.

I think UH might be on the cusp of being a top ten team if their defense can improve a bit. They can score against anyone. I think they will beat Tech.

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM

And I am sure that Tech's defense had nothing to do with Colt playing subpar.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
And I am sure that Tech's defense had nothing to do with Colt playing subpar.

not really too much Colt played like he has all season...the Tech D really didnt have too much, Colt was his own worst enemy

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
so you're saying that even if Tech's Defense was not on the field Colt would have had the same game???

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
so you're saying that even if Tech's Defense was not on the field Colt would have had the same game???

there were times when Colt missed open recievers with no pressure on him...

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
how could a heisman candidate be that bad? If the defense had nothing to do with it?

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
how could a heisman candidate be that bad? If the defense had nothing to do with it?

When your accuracy has been off for the majority of the season, then it doesnt matter what defense you're playing

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
this is part of the reason that I cannot stand texas, even when they are played tough by an opponet that they feel is inferior, they(fans) cannot give any credit to the opposing team. If Tech wins like last year it was all the officials fault for not calling holding, when texas wins like this past weekend in a close game even when it was not supposed to be close, it is all texas' fault for not playing very good, not that the opponet just played very good. Give credit where credit is due.

DaHop72
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
this is part of the reason that I cannot stand texas, even when they are played tough by an opponet that they feel is inferior, they(fans) cannot give any credit to the opposing team. If Tech wins like last year it was all the officials fault for not calling holding, when texas wins like this past weekend in a close game even when it was not supposed to be close, it is all texas' fault for not playing very good, not that the opponet just played very good. Give credit where credit is due. I've got no dog is this fight but I feel the same way. While it's true that Colt and Romo both had an off night I believe you have to give credit to the defenses that kept both quarterbacks off stride and uncomfortable in the pocket all night.

RMAC
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
this is part of the reason that I cannot stand texas, even when they are played tough by an opponet that they feel is inferior, they(fans) cannot give any credit to the opposing team. If Tech wins like last year it was all the officials fault for not calling holding, when texas wins like this past weekend in a close game even when it was not supposed to be close, it is all texas' fault for not playing very good, not that the opponet just played very good. Give credit where credit is due.

Good points here folks, listen to the man.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Are you sure that part of the reason you cant stand Texas is because the all time record stands in favor of Texas 44-15... Nowhere have i stated that Tech didnt play Texas close, Bravo to them, but when you look at how Colt has performed against Lousianna Monroe and Wyoming, and then you see the Tech game and you want all the credit to go to Tech's defense when Colt kept over/under throwing open recievers even with no pressure on him, Tech did good but not good enough to get credit for making McCoy subpar, hes been doing that all season...in all reality if Colt wasnt a returning Heisman canidate from last year, with his numbers as of now I dont think he is a legit contender...JMO

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
I could care less what the all time record is, I pay attention to this season because the past has no bearing on how this years teams will do.

I still believe that if Colt misses his receivers that badly against air in practice he would not be the starting QB at texas. So the defenses must have something to do with him playing subpar.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM

Okay, so you do the same. I said Tech played better than expected. (That is a compliment). I also said McCoy played Subpar. (That is true as evidenced by numerous poor throws without pressure on him.)

Do you think Colt would have thrown for 500 if not for the Tech D? I don't.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I could care less what the all time record is, I pay attention to this season because the past has no bearing on how this years teams will do.

I still believe that if Colt misses his receivers that badly against air in practice he would not be the starting QB at texas. So the defenses must have something to do with him playing subpar.

There is ZERO chance that Colt McCoy will sit, even if he missed all his passes at practice.

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay, so you do the same. I said Tech played better than expected. (That is a compliment). I also said McCoy played Subpar. (That is true as evidenced by numerous poor throws without pressure on him.)

Do you think Colt would have thrown for 500 if not for the Tech D? I don't.

so you are saying that Colt can not throw for 500 against air?

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think texas played like the #2 team in the country, I think they listened to too much of the media and actually thought they would win by 50+ by just showing up. I think Tech was more mentally prepared for this game and texas was able to survive. Texas is the better team, they should be they get the best recruits in the state.

shamu85
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Texas did not impress me at all except in their running game. Their "much improved" secondary gave up quite a bit to a Tech team that does not have any really stellar athletes at WR. And Colt McCoy, to your point Slpybear, was not subpar. My contention is that he is only as good as his play so far this year. Tech D did a good job getting pressure on him, but that allowed the running game to be sucessful, especially since they finally figured out Trey Newton is their best RB.

If Texas does not improve, they will lose 2 games this year. And for the reord, I think if they did play UH right now, there's good chance the Cougars would come out on top. Texas has a lot of talent and a lot of room to improve because of that, but they better get their heads out if they plan on being in Pasadena in January.

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
so you are saying that Colt can not throw for 500 against air?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*finding that ignore button*

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Okay, one last time...

McCoy was making bad throws without being pressured and generally making a very un-Heisman like appearance.

Tech played better than we expected and almost beat us.

I am a UT Fan.

I am admitting all of this.

What do I not get?

You could not have watched that game and thought McCoy played very well. No one is saying Tech's D did not play a role in that. Just saying that McCoy looked very bad when he wasn't pressured and had receivers open.

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*finding that ignore button*

so what are you trying to ignore?

YOur statement was "Do you think Colt would have thrown for 500 if not for the Tech D? I don't." You tell me what you meant by that statement. Because he did not throw for 500 against Tech.

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Okay, one last time...

McCoy was making bad throws without being pressured and generally making a very un-Heisman like appearance.

Tech played better than we expected and almost beat us.

I am a UT Fan.

I am admitting all of this.

What do I not get?

You could not have watched that game and thought McCoy played very well. No one is saying Tech's D did not play a role in that. Just saying that McCoy looked very bad when he wasn't pressured and had receivers open.

That is all I was looking for...finally one UT fan giving Tech some props.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I think all question about how good Tech's defense is will be answered when they visit Houston this weekend

Z-RO
09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
So I guess nobody is going to mention Colt had the flu...just saying

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4492204

Im sure the Tech fans still will think this did not matter though :rolleyes:

shamu85
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
So I guess nobody is going to mention Colt had the flu...just saying

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4492204

Im sure the Tech fans still will think this did not matter though :rolleyes:

I am not a Tech fan per se, nor a Texas fan, but Colt McCoy played like that against La Monroe and Wyoming. I don't think the supposed flu bothered him.

Z-RO
09-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I am not saying he didn’t play bad against either one of those teams because he did. If you noticed though once they started to let him scramble around and make plays he was more "Colt'ish". I believe it is a combination of him trying to do too much, and Mack and Greg trying to protect him after seeing what happened to Bradford in somewhat meaningless games.

Against Tech ill bite on the flu bug excuse. However if he comes out and stinks it up again this week against UTEP then I will start worrying.

jockcity33
09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I think all question about how good Tech's defense is will be answered when they visit Houston this weekend

So you are saying Houston is better offensively than texas?

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
That is all I was looking for...finally one UT fan giving Tech some props.

You're a Tech fan and all you want is props for a loss? Damn, standards in Lubbock must be low.:thinking:

Keeping it closer than the experts think is not something you want to be proud of.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 07:01 PM

That's an opinion. No one truly knows that for certain, key matchups between personnel dictate which offenses are better than other.

One thing we do know is that UT's offense is good enough to beat Tech.

It's gonna be a fireworks show in Houston Saturday between UofH and Tech.

RMAC
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM
You're a Tech fan and all you want is props for a loss? Damn, standards in Lubbock must be low.:thinking:

Keeping it closer than the experts think is not something you want to be proud of.

And don't forget young man that you were pm'ing me about coming to school up here not 2 years ago. So before you get all high and mighty you may want to think about that.

PhiI C
09-21-2009, 08:56 PM
JUST 10 MORE MONTHS AND THEN IT WILL BE THE 2010 TOUR DE FRANCE TIME!

:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
JUST 10 MORE MONTHS AND THEN IT WILL BE THE 2010 TOUR DE FRANCE TIME!

:clap:

*Tips cap to PhiL... ummm.... PhiI C*

WildTexan972
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
the steer lickers won't go undefeated this year so none of this will matter.....they will lose to the land thieves and probably in stoolwater the way they looked this weekend...

colt is no way a true heisman hopeful as pedestrian as he looked....probably 125 or more players better than him in the country so far....

BwdLions
09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey WT, the kid had the flu last week. He led the Horns to a victory. That's all that matters so go crawl back in your hole.

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
And don't forget young man that you were pm'ing me about coming to school up here not 2 years ago. So before you get all high and mighty you may want to think about that.

I know that. But I wasn't going to attend Texas Tech for the football team. No one attends a certain University because of its sports teams or it's fans. I loved Lubbock and I was going to double major in Engineering and Political Science but decided against Engineering in the end and just stuck with the latter.

And I go to Baylor, our football program is pretty much non existent. I just seem to always see a trend between pre-game tech fans and post-game tech fans. That is all. Not knocking the University at all, or even you. Mostly my close friends that are Tech fans do this, and JockCity reminds me of them. That is all.

underware
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm with Daddy D....I take UH over Tech!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-22-2009, 12:20 PM

If Houston is running on all cylinders they will be better than the Texas offense you saw this weekend that beat Tech.

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by underware
I'm with Daddy D....I take UH over Tech!!

I don't think I ever predicted UofH over Tech.

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I know that. But I wasn't going to attend Texas Tech for the football team. No one attends a certain University because of its sports teams :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: And you were at McMurry why???

RMAC
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I know that. But I wasn't going to attend Texas Tech for the football team. No one attends a certain University because of its sports teams or it's fans. I loved Lubbock and I was going to double major in Engineering and Political Science but decided against Engineering in the end and just stuck with the latter.

And I go to Baylor, our football program is pretty much non existent. I just seem to always see a trend between pre-game tech fans and post-game tech fans. That is all. Not knocking the University at all, or even you. Mostly my close friends that are Tech fans do this, and JockCity reminds me of them. That is all.

Fair enough then.

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: And you were at McMurry why???

I meant no non-athlete attends a University for it's sports teams.

I went to McMurry to play baseball.

DaHop72
09-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I meant no non-athlete attends a University for it's sports teams.

I went to McMurry to play baseball. I knew what you meant, but it's more fun when you have to explain it. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I knew what you meant, but it's more fun when you have to explain it. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

You better watch it :flaming:

shamu85
09-22-2009, 02:18 PM

I am. Right now, I think Houston's offense is better than Texas'. May not be by the end of the year, but right now, I think UH is clicking very well. Much more imaginative, too.