PDA

View Full Version : 3A #1 Gilmer vs 2A #1 Daingerfield: Pre-Game Chatter

TexasHSFootball
09-20-2009, 04:21 AM
I just couldn't wait to get this one going..

Here we are headed into Week 4 and we have a match up that is possibly bigger than the Longview-Allen and Longview-Lufkin showdowns.

Class 3A #1 Gilmer vs Class 2A #1 Daingerfield

Discuss. :D

Footballhudini
09-20-2009, 04:48 AM
daingerfield 44
gilmer 14

Looking4number8
09-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
daingerfield 44
gilmer 14

Are you crazy?

Gilmer 31
Dangerfield 20

Get em Gilmer!

lulu
09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
daingerfield 44
gilmer 14

Really Hudini,,,,,,have you had your coffe this morning?
It Might.....Might be a close game but I'm betting NOT.

Buckeyes take it easy. and I like the Tigers.....their coach went to school with my kids.

Gilmer is just not stoppable at this stage of the game.

lulu
09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
bump

1st and goal
09-20-2009, 09:11 AM
What a great game, I'd love to be there. Hope that the weather and referees are both fair so neither can complain about the whatifs. Also hope no one gets hurt.

Gotta go with Gilmer after last week's slaying of Kilgore.

Buckeye80
09-20-2009, 10:17 AM
It's hatred between these two! Daingerfield brings their trash talkin, chicken-struttin punks into Buckeye Stadium this week and gets trounced soundly!

Buckeyes 57
Tigers 21

lulu
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
It's hatred between these two! Daingerfield brings their trash talkin, chicken-struttin punks into Buckeye Stadium this week and gets trounced soundly!

Buckeyes 57
Tigers 21

Well said:D

pirate4state
09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, I tried to get it started HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97947), but people were more interested in debating GOTW "should" or "shouldn't" :D

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Bullaholic
09-20-2009, 10:58 AM
A good big boy will beat a good little boy nearly every time.....
Gilmer by 10.

Move The Chains
09-20-2009, 11:26 AM
My gut says Gilmer by 2 TD's.... but it's alot funner to say Daingerfield by 7. :D

I'll take the underdog. :cool:

slingshot
09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Gilmer rolls... again.

Aesculus gilmus
09-20-2009, 01:14 PM
IMO, this will not be a close game. Gilmer is playing at the level of a good 4A team.

easttexas3a
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
If Gilmer is on their game like they were this friday I will take Gilmer 42-17

If we come out slow, I see us pulling away in the second half for a 2-3 touchdown win.

My prediction though is 42-17, the buckeyes come ready to play.

STANG RED
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
IMO, this will not be a close game. Gilmer is playing at the level of a good 4A team.

Im too far removed to know much about either team, but if this is true??? Gilmer will dominate. But even if their only one of the top 3A teams, they should still win by a couple TDs at worst.

Gsquared
09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
This one is easy. Daingerfield is extremly athletic and fast in the skilled spots. They are lacking a bit in the trenches (where it counts). Gilmer has the Oline and front 7 to whip up on just about anyone. They also have tons of quickness. Gilmer comes out of this one with a three to four touchdown win. Cant wait to see this one!!!!

bowleghorses
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dangerfield!!!!!!!!WHAT...I like a underdog. Especially when its Dangerfield.:devil:

LE Dad
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I believe that D'field may match Gilmer at some positions but not at enough. Gilmer will win. Score?? I am still ticked that Kilgore ran the Score up on the Buckeye 2nd team!! :devil: :devil:

garciap77
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I believe that D'field may match Gilmer at some positions but not at enough. Gilmer will win. Score?? I am still ticked that Kilgore ran the Score up on the Buckeye 2nd team!! :devil: :devil:

I knew you could not make it a week!:D

;)

easttexas3a
09-21-2009, 04:30 AM
What scares me is how well Gilmer played friday night, almost gurantees me they can't match that this upcoming friday. I think D'field would be a trap game, except We HATE d'field. IF we had LE this week, I think they might could of caught us high on the horse, but we will be ready for dfield

waterboy
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
This is a rivalry. There ain't much telling what'll happen in this one. If Gilmer plays like they did the other night, with that same type of intensity, Daingerfield will get spanked. I don't care how much better the Tigers are this year, it wouldn't be enough. The problem is I don't know whether the Buckeyes can play with that kind of intensity 2 weeks in a row. I hope they do, and I know they are capable. I still say the Buckeyes will win by 2 to 3 TDs even if they don't play like they're capable. If they play lights out like they did against Kilgore, the Buckeyes will win in a blowout.

Rocket
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Does Gilmer usually go D1 or D2 in the playoff bracket?

lostaussie
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Does Gilmer usually go D1 or D2 in the playoff bracket? that will depend on Chapel Hill.............at this moment I predict Div. 1

lulu
09-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
This is a rivalry. There ain't much telling what'll happen in this one. If Gilmer plays like they did the other night, with that same type of intensity, Daingerfield will get spanked. I don't care how much better the Tigers are this year, it wouldn't be enough. The problem is I don't know whether the Buckeyes can play with that kind of intensity 2 weeks in a row. I hope they do, and I know they are capable. I still say the Buckeyes will win by 2 to 3 TDs even if they don't play like they're capable. If they play lights out like they did against Kilgore, the Buckeyes will win in a blowout.

Come on....don't doubt the boys....they will be up for the Tigers.

I hope yu can run the score up on this one.

waterboy
09-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Come on....don't doubt the boys....they will be up for the Tigers.

I hope yu can run the score up on this one.
Run the score up??! We don't run no score up! We rotate players in and out the entire game. By midway through the 3rd quarter at least half of the players are second and third string players and are playing almost every down. The Buckeyes are just deep, and that depth shows when the score gets out of hand because they keep scoring regardless of who's in there. To be honest with you, if the offense executes like they did against Kilgore there's not many teams in 3A that can keep it close, let alone beat them. I just hope there's not any kind of letdown after that donkey-stomping, because if there is Daingerfield might just make this game a lot tougher than it should be. I haven't even begun to mention the defense....... They were outweighed by at least 50 lbs per man by Kilgore and they still only gave up 4 first downs in the first half, and nine total (I believe) for the game, with at least 2 or 3 of those against the third string. Those Bulldogs were huge, and I don't mean fat......

Aesculus gilmus
09-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that will depend on Chapel Hill.............at this moment I predict Div. 1

Have you been following how the rest of 17-3A has been faring to date? It's sad.

For instance, Gilmer OBLITERATED Atlanta in a scrimmage.

Atlanta turned around and beat Tatum, supposedly the second-best team in 17-3A, 49-35 IN TATUM.

Spring Hill just got blown out at home, 45-6, by Center (admittedly, Center may be good this year, but still).

I am now pretty sure Chapel Hill WILL make the playoffs and so Gilmer will go into Division II, set on a collision course with Carthage again for who makes it out of Region III.

My only concern is that Gilmer will not be tested after this week for the rest of the regular season.

This has happened before. 2006 comes to mind.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I will take Gilmer by as much as they want. We played them poorly on both sides of the ball. While the conditions were not ideal it was not as bad as some say. There were opportunities missed on both sides but overall D'field while good this year will not be as good as the Buckeyes. I say 3 td's or more with d'field being held to 21 points.

poisoned10
09-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Lately, Gilmer has played well against Daingerfield. I believe Gilmer will come out on top once again but will be a little closer than what it was last year.

A few little tidbits between Gilmer and Daingerfield:

- Gilmer has won the last 4 meetings and 6 of the last 7.
- In the Jeff Traylor era of Buckeye football, Gilmer is 7-3 against Daingerfield.
- Daingerfield is the only team to have 2 wins against Gilmer in the Jeff Traylor era.
- Gilmer leads the series 4-1 as pre-district foes.
- Series is tied 1-1 as district foes.
- Gilmer leads the series 2-1 as playoff foes.
- Gilmer has scored a total of 341 points for an average of 34.1 per game.
- Daingerfield has scored a total of 240 points for an average of 24 per game.

Footballhudini
09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
gilmer will be coming in as the underdog against a very good dfield team. i hope it's close, but it looks like atm daingerfield should win by at least 17

lulu
09-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Run the score up??! We don't run no score up! We rotate players in and out the entire game. By midway through the 3rd quarter at least half of the players are second and third string players and are playing almost every down. The Buckeyes are just deep, and that depth shows when the score gets out of hand because they keep scoring regardless of who's in there. To be honest with you, if the offense executes like they did against Kilgore there's not many teams in 3A that can keep it close, let alone beat them. I just hope there's not any kind of letdown after that donkey-stomping, because if there is Daingerfield might just make this game a lot tougher than it should be. I haven't even begun to mention the defense....... They were outweighed by at least 50 lbs per man by Kilgore and they still only gave up 4 first downs in the first half, and nine total (I believe) for the game, with at least 2 or 3 of those against the third string. Those Bulldogs were huge, and I don't mean fat......

Don't get your backside in a twist....I was not bashing your team.

I have said the same things you just said and have taken crap for the Bucks all week. Where ya been? No reading?
Now say sorry and wish us luck this week before I have to come up there.:vrycnfsd:

lulu
09-21-2009, 02:57 PM
gilmer will be coming in as the underdog against a very good dfield team. i hope it's close, but it looks like atm daingerfield should win by at least 17

What ya smoking? Your talking crazy....

How can I help ya?:doh:

waterboy
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Don't get your backside in a twist....I was not bashing your team.

I have said the same things you just said and have taken crap for the Bucks all week. Where ya been? No reading?
Now say sorry and wish us luck this week before I have to come up there.:vrycnfsd:
Sorry, lulu! We always hear this when we score 60 or more points. Just thought I'd clarify it for those who don't know any better......:D

But you can come up here anyway! Anytime!

Good luck to the Panthers this week against those Vandals! The Panthers usually beat them, don't they? Van is having trouble with injuries this year, so they won't be quite as good as they were.....

lulu
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry, lulu! We always hear this when we score 60 or more points. Just thought I'd clarify it for those who don't know any better......:D

But you can come up here anyway! Anytime!

Good luck to the Panthers this week against those Vandals! The Panthers usually beat them, don't they? Van is having trouble with injuries this year, so they won't be quite as good as they were.....

Don't know which team is going to show up. If the one that played Lindale and Bboro get on the bus...we'll be ok. If that bunch that showed up for the Center game comes...we're dead.

I would really love to come up and see Buck's game but I must remain true to my nephew. He needs me.

Thank ya though:)