PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Wimberley

lange4
09-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Wimberley starts out season ranked out high in the polls. Season goes downhill from there. Lets not talk injuries. CONTAIN HUBBLE AND YOU DEFEAT BANDERA. This does not have anything to do with the QB being out. I know, the best defense is a good offense. Just wondering what is going on.

bbfan2010
09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
The last 3 games that the Bulldogs have played they have kept there opponents to around 200 total yards defense. We contained Wimberley's only threat (D. Smith) practically nothing. With all of the defensive stops we had in that game it got our offense started. Our best offense is our defense.

TexDad
09-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I was at the game and the QB from Bandera is good, but Wimberley played about as bad as I have ever seen them play. I have been watching Wimberley since they started playing football. I am not taking anything away from Bandera, they deserved the win. If things don't turn around, could very well end up 2-8 but who knows, hopefully they can work out the problems. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

shamu85
09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by lange4
CONTAIN HUBBLE AND YOU DEFEAT BANDERA.

Contain Dennis Smith and you defeat Wimberley. Apparently, their offense is pretty one dimensional. I understand the Blakemore kid at QB is decent, but no receiving corps to speak of. Smith is only a sophomore, too.

TexDad
09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Senior Blakemore has been hurt, younger brother took over for the last two games. He has struggled a bit. Smith still not 100% yet and it shows.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Sounds like 8-3A took a big drop off this year.

cookiemonster
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Wimberley will be back to full strength (injuries) this week vs Burnet and they will show why they were ranked so high early.

Red&White_9x5
09-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cookiemonster
Wimberley will be back to full strength (injuries) this week vs Burnet and they will show why they were ranked so high early.

Have seen Burnet play this year and they are pretty salty. I have not seen Wimberley play, but it seems they have struggled a lot so far. Bets of luck to both teams, but my money is on Burnet in this one.

Footballhudini
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
im gonna go with the shocker in this one

wimberley by 20

spaniard
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
i haven't seen either team play, but i'm going to be a homer and go with my heart and say burnet by 13. nothing profound will happen, just a good game between a couple of good teams...except that burnet will win :D

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
im gonna go with the shocker in this one

wimberley by 20

No way this happens.