PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so

lange4
09-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Say it ain't so that every team on here that loses says that everything is coming together and will be alright by the time district rolls around. "We are gaining experiance and everything will be alright by district." "We are young and need a few games for them to start clicking." On and on it goes. If you have athletes on your team and a coach that does not have his head in the sand, then you are probably already giving a good representation of how you will play in district. All teams will improve as the season goes on. Some just better than others. That has to do with the coaches ability to coach and the kids ability to learn, also the heart of the kids. But they ought to be showing you all that in non-district games also.

Buckeye80
09-19-2009, 11:45 PM
We are so-so thus far. But we should be okay once we get to district. We just need to gel, and play for each other, and play within ourselves, and play as a team, and we'll be fine!:D

lange4
09-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I agree as long you are the only team to do that.:) :) :) :)

Matthew328
09-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Its impossible for most to view their team objectively, thats why I dont take anything a home fan says about their team seriously because its all junk. Most of the time the team gaining experience blah blah just plain sucks

JasperDog94
09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
We're just taking it one game at a time. We're learning and growing as a team and should be fine by the time district rolls around. Team chemistry is coming around and we're finally starting to gel as a team.

By the time playoffs roll around we should be clicking on all cylinders.;)

Footballhudini
09-20-2009, 02:38 AM
out team wins district and state every year

Trashman
09-20-2009, 08:24 AM
We absolutely suck.....we are 3-1 but we suck. ......so just forget about us and worry about the important teams on your schedule.:D

GrTigers6
09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by lange4
Say it ain't so that every team on here that loses says that everything is coming together and will be alright by the time district rolls around. "We are gaining experiance and everything will be alright by district." "We are young and need a few games for them to start clicking." On and on it goes. If you have athletes on your team and a coach that does not have his head in the sand, then you are probably already giving a good representation of how you will play in district. All teams will improve as the season goes on. Some just better than others. That has to do with the coaches ability to coach and the kids ability to learn, also the heart of the kids. But they ought to be showing you all that in non-district games also.
That is the whole idea of non district games. to get your chemistry working and get some experience for your upcoming players that were on jv last year. Young players get experience and gain confidence each game therefore they get better. So what is wrong with stating that?

Bullaholic
09-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by lange4

For as long as I can remember a lot of fans talk this way every season---especially after their team has lost a game or two. Perhaps it is a way of wishful thinking when you are worried and you say----"Sure hope we get better before district when it really counts"---admittedly this is predictable, but I have no problem with that---it is as much a part of being a fan of Texas HS football as discussing your team in the local coffee shop.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
so just forget about us and worry about the important teams on your schedule.:D
We did and we will. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :stirpot:

sinton66
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Its impossible for most to view their team objectively, thats why I dont take anything a home fan says about their team seriously because its all junk. Most of the time the team gaining experience blah blah just plain sucks

While this may be true in a significant number of cases, I wouldn't apply it as a "Gold Standard". All teams replace graduated players from the year before, some more than others. The fan's perspective is based on faith and a little knowledge. If you have a good staff and eager kids, it works out that they DO get better by the end of non-district play. I agree, it's impossible for SOME fans to be objective about their team, but not all of them.

JasperDog94
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
While this may be true in a significant number of cases, I wouldn't apply it as a "Gold Standard". All teams replace graduated players from the year before, some more than others. The fan's perspective is based on faith and a little knowledge. If you have a good staff and eager kids, it works out that they DO get better by the end of non-district play. I agree, it's impossible for SOME fans to be objective about their team, but not all of them. Agreed. Jasper was the 3rd place team out of their district the year they went to state. If you have the athletes, anything is possible.

BobcatBenny
09-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes ... it is a coping mechanism.

Celina fans used it last year and are having to use it again this year.

I honestly thought the Bobcats would come out with guns blazing, but they didn't. So they will just have to improve until the games that count.

But I like it better than the "Dang we were the best team all season and now we have extra time to work on basketball!" :D

P.S. We Celina fans may also have to use "Dang the Bobcats just need to quit making so many costly mistakes! (Copyright 2009 celinabobcast.com all rights reserved)" coping mechanism too. ;)