PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is the blowout... Florida-23 Tennessee-13

TheDOCTORdre
09-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Florida looks human today in their victory against Tennessee...

blowfish
09-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I know I should keep my mouth shut but I just cant. (especially after they have spanked us twice in national championship games)

Florida is an imposter this year. Tebow is all they got. They will have some trouble in the SEC. Looks like it wont be Florida or USC against Texas in the championship this year.

DDBooger
09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Monte Kiffen as your D-Coordinator helps! Crompton was Florida's best player :(

blowfish
09-19-2009, 06:03 PM
With all the smack that Kiffin talked in the off season and the fact that this game was played in the swamp, should have been a blowout!

Number 1 team in the nation, at home against a first year coach (for UT) at a down program. 'nuff said!

coach
09-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I know I should keep my mouth shut but I just cant. (especially after they have spanked us twice in national championship games)

Florida is an imposter this year. Tebow is all they got. They will have some trouble in the SEC. Looks like it wont be Florida or USC against Texas in the championship this year.

your wrong....florida has a very solid defense

blowfish
09-19-2009, 06:07 PM
DId they not get to play today? They didnt look that solid to me.

coach
09-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
DId they not get to play today? They didnt look that solid to me.

forced 2 turnovers only allowed 210 total yards and 13 points...thats pretty solid imo..and o yea the td they gave up was the first one they have given up all year

wtfootball
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
All that yelling and screaming that QB does don't put points on the board. The longhorns are quietly waiting.

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
It's usually a dangerous assumption to think that a conference road game is ever an easy win.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
After watching the Longhorns tonight ...

There are a lot of teams that might be a handful for the burnt orange. Hopefully they pick it up and represent, but the Big XII and Big XII south is full of trap games for the Horns. OU, Missouri, Kansas, OSU, Baylor, and yes ... even A&M.

D4C
09-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Florida will probably lose to an SEC team again this year, and UT will run the table on there conference. OU looks just bad only teams that can give them problems are A&M, OSU and Baylor

D_bird
09-20-2009, 12:22 AM
The way this year is shaping up, I can conceivably see the ACC playing the Big 10 or Big East for the National Championship.

Reason being is I don't see anyone escaping the SEC or Big 12 without at least one loss. I can however see someone coming from one of those conferences undefeated (Miami, Penn St, even maybe Michigan, or Cincinnati) Miami has been impressive so far this year even though they've only played ACC opponents.

There is only one solution to it all....

PLAYOFF!!!!

WylieBulldog92
09-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Miami has been VERY VERY impressive I have to say.

skins4life
09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
And they get OU next week. That should be a fun game to watch.

Old Tiger
09-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by coach
forced 2 turnovers only allowed 210 total yards and 13 points...thats pretty solid imo..and o yea the td they gave up was the first one they have given up all year Cause Charleston Southern and Troy are great opponents

Additup
09-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Solid win for Florida...Tenn. ran the clock and caused a turnover when Florida was gonna get another score. That kept it closer than most expected, I guess.

All games are tough early if you're EXPECTING A BLOWOUT - ask Texas, USC, Ok St. and OU. Too much unknown this early. Quit listening to the "experts" on ESPN.

gatordaze
09-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball
All that yelling and screaming that QB does don't put points on the board. The longhorns are quietly waiting.

After watching both games, there is not alot of room for smack talk by either Florida or Texas. That is always the nature of a rivalry game. No blowout but the Florida game was never in doubt, can't say the same for the Texas game.

Gators will be there as will the Horns. The best news is that USC, BYU, Utah, UGA, OU, and others have been mortally wounded if the Gators and Horns run the table. The only uncontrollable left are the Big 10 teams that are undefeated and really just Penn State as I just don't see an uindefeated Joe Pa being left out without a fight. Miami could also cause a styir but they started so low and play in the ACC

As a Gator in Texas I am jacked up! Go Gators and Horns!