PDA

View Full Version : District 24 most balanced league in 3A

cntdwn
09-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Madisonville and Bryan Rudder were considered to be the cellar dwellers in pre-season, but both teams have proven to be pretty competitive. M'ville beat a Crockett program that is rarely down,and Rudder has posted back-to-back wins over Royal and Hearne, albeit smaller or outmanned teams. But Rudder stomped Hearne worse than Navasota even though I suspect the Snakes might have called off the dogs in the fourth quarter.

Taylor is a spoiler. They've beaten some weak or average teams the first three weeks before falling to a decent Llano team but have capable athletes and a coach that helped build the Caldwell program years ago.

Cameron appears to be good, maybe a tad down from recent years but not much and they always rise to the occasion come district time.

Rockdale has its strongest chance in a decade to do lots of damage, and Navasota has the ingredients to take it the distance.

Caldwell's strategy needs to be penalty and turnover prevention because of its talent in clock control. The problem with clock control is that if you eat away time deliberately before reaching your opponent's 20 yard line and cough up the ball, it's time you regret having wasted. Two turnovers that led to Bellville TD's in the season opener stymied the Hornets' momentum and made a huge difference again a well-matched Brahma unit. Road games in Rockdale and Cameron won't be a cakewalk, either.

The way I see it:
1. Navasota
2 and 3. Toss up between Caldwell and Rockdale
4. Cameron (but playoffs very possible)
5. Rudder (on a tear for some revenge , which doesn't do Caldwell any favors (i.e. 72-18 last year and it's at Viking Stadium this year)
6. Taylor (will surprise a team or two)
7. Madisonville (won't be winless in district)

Playoff seeding will be crucial for Caldwell to avoid WOS again. Overlooking or underestimating one team could haunt teams in this district this year.

The little NFL.

Tin Cup
09-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Navasota is the only team in that district that would make the playoffs if they were in district 2

HEMOTOXIC
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Madisonville and Bryan Rudder were considered to be the cellar dwellers in pre-season, but both teams have proven to be pretty competitive. M'ville beat a Crockett program that is rarely down,and Rudder has posted back-to-back wins over Royal and Hearne, albeit smaller or outmanned teams. But Rudder stomped Hearne worse than Navasota even though I suspect the Snakes might have called off the dogs in the fourth quarter.

Taylor is a spoiler. They've beaten some weak or average teams the first three weeks before falling to a decent Llano team but have capable athletes and a coach that helped build the Caldwell program years ago.

Cameron appears to be good, maybe a tad down from recent years but not much and they always rise to the occasion come district time.

Rockdale has its strongest chance in a decade to do lots of damage, and Navasota has the ingredients to take it the distance.

Caldwell's strategy needs to be penalty and turnover prevention because of its talent in clock control. The problem with clock control is that if you eat away time deliberately before reaching your opponent's 20 yard line and cough up the ball, it's time you regret having wasted. Two turnovers that led to Bellville TD's in the season opener stymied the Hornets' momentum and made a huge difference again a well-matched Brahma unit. Road games in Rockdale and Cameron won't be a cakewalk, either.

The way I see it:
1. Navasota
2 and 3. Toss up between Caldwell and Rockdale
4. Cameron (but playoffs very possible)
5. Rudder (on a tear for some revenge , which doesn't do Caldwell any favors (i.e. 72-18 last year and it's at Viking Stadium this year)
6. Taylor (will surprise a team or two)
7. Madisonville (won't be winless in district)

Playoff seeding will be crucial for Caldwell to avoid WOS again. Overlooking or underestimating one team could haunt teams in this district this year.

The little NFL.

It was pouring raining when Navasota played Hearne. Plus, Hearne always plays Navasota tough. Not making excuses but, I do believe had the weather been better, Navasota would have won by a larger margin. But, getting a shut out victory was still a good win for the Rattlers.

Dogman_1969
09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Navasota is the only team in that district that would make the playoffs if they were in district 2

Thats funny. I was just thinking that Wylie may squeek into the playoffs in D24......

sinton66
09-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Hmmmmm, let's see. D24 has a total of 7 losses thus far. D25 has a total of 3 losses. How exactly is D24 more balanced than D25?

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2009, 03:56 PM
:thinking: :1popcorn:

cntdwn
09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hmmmmm, let's see. D24 has a total of 7 losses thus far. D25 has a total of 3 losses. How exactly is D24 more balanced than D25?

look up the word "balanced". It doesn't mean "superior". In this context, it means "competitive" and evenly matched at least five of the teams.

Pudlugger
09-22-2009, 07:33 PM
at least five of the teams.

suck:D

cntdwn
09-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
suck:D

There will be no rematch with Commerce or Forney, so chill.

sinton66
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
look up the word "balanced". It doesn't mean "superior". In this context, it means "competitive" and evenly matched at least five of the teams.

Didn't say anything about "superior". Don't have a dog in the fight either. By your definition, a district can be evenly "balanced" if at least five of them go 0-10 as long as they were "competitive".
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but mine is that D25 is more balanced at this point in time.

LE Dad
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Your district is "the little NFL " and yet you are worried about facing WOS??

Playoff seeding will be crucial for Caldwell to avoid WOS again.

The little NFL. :thinking: :thinking:

Navassa is going to roll thru this district and deeep into the playoffs ...the rest ??? Imo

87 TIGER
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I bet 3 teams go at least 2 rounds or better in D-24.:)

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I bet 3 teams go at least 2 rounds or better in D-24.:)

:lies:

OldBison75
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Guys, you have been baited. All three teams from District 24 will go two rounds deep since the first week is a bye week for this district.

LE Dad
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I bet 3 teams go at least 2 rounds or better in D-24.:) It's a bye district.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Guys, you have been baited. All three teams from District 24 will go two rounds deep since the first week is a bye week for this district. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Gobbla2001
09-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I've been thinking, and there are at least 8 districts in Region IV, maybe more that are more competitive than that district!

HEMOTOXIC
09-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I've been thinking, and there are at least 8 districts in Region IV, maybe more that are more competitive than that district!

:clap: