5. La Vernia (3-1)
6. Ingleside (3-0)
7. Sealy (4-0)
8. Needville (3-1)
9. Bandera (3-1)
10. Sinton (3-0)

pirate4state
09-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Ingleside is good, but they are not better than Sealy. Just saying. Everything else looks right.

CueroDad08
09-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Region IV, Week 4 Top-10

1. Giddings (3-0)
2. Cuero (4-0)
3. La Grange (4-0)
4. Bellville (2-1)
5. La Vernia (3-1)
6. Ingleside (3-0)
7. Sealy (4-0)
8. Needville (3-1)
9. Bandera (3-1)
10. Sinton (3-0)

Not a bad list at all. Glad to see the Sinton pirates back in the top 10. I would also agree, sealy and Bandera would need to be in front of Ingleside

Footballhudini
09-20-2009, 05:06 AM
i disagree. i believe ingleside would easily hande both sealy and bandera. ingleside is def. top-3 material

Footballhudini
09-20-2009, 05:09 AM
i also believe there should be a place for lyford on this list.

Pudlugger
09-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Season's not half over so give it time. The best teams will rise to the top of the list in a couple of weeks. Polls may be biased but in the end merit drives the rankings. If Ingleside is that good they will prove it on the field like everyone else. Polls do reflect a lot of inherent bias. The bias may come from a "homer" mentality but also from a perception based on passed and present performance. Sort of like the farmer's almanac. Newbies always have to work harder to prove their worth in these situations.:cool:

4x100jackets
09-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Region IV, Week 4 Top-10

1. Giddings (3-0)
2. Cuero (4-0)
3. La Grange (4-0)
4. Bellville (2-1)
5. La Vernia (3-1)
6. Ingleside (3-0)
7. Sealy (4-0)
8. Needville (3-1)
9. Bandera (3-1)
10. Sinton (3-0)

SO your saying #8 Neeville in Dist. 26 3a will win the District?
"Pass the pipe and get some oxygen man". Funny Stuff

Pudlugger
09-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I can't speak for the Editor, but I've seen the Jays play and they are a very good football team. If their are better teams in 26A then great. Who do you think is better in D26 and why?

44INAROW
09-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I can't speak for the Editor, but I've seen the Jays play and they are a very good football team. If their are better teams in 26A then great. Who do you think is better in D26 and why?
D26 will be interesting - If Stafford continues to win, as does Needville - it will be a battle to see who's the D1 rep out of this district. Never thought I'd be saying Stafford could be in the running.. Good for them - even though my pick is Needville.. ;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Who do the leps have this week?

R4Editor
09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
4 X 100jackets, tell me who is playing better in D26. You can be a wise ass or you can actually write something constructive.

As far as bias, I don't know about that. None of these teams are "my" team and if there is one thing we try very hard to do is evaluate based on what is happening on the field, not just on tradition or who has the most fans who post the most.

Today, as we review Region 4, we're not so sure Cuero or La Grange isn't playing the best ball. But every other pub has Giddings at #1; they started the season there and they continue to win. So they stay #1.

Sealy isn't even in the top 10 of the Huddle up or Texashsfootball rankings, yet we all know how dangerous of a team they are...but they also have the look of a team that may stumble. Opening games in D25 play have Giddings/Sealy and La Grange/Bellville, so luckily it all gets figured out on the field.

Sinton is another tough one; Texashsfootball has them 3rd in the region and 10th in the state! Huddle up has them 9th in region and Massey 10th. Yet, although we think they are a good team that will improve, right now, today, we think Ingleside is playing better.

Lyford is a team that has our attention and Huddle up has them 10th in region, but no one else has them close to the top 10 and we know nothing of the competition they've been playing other than it sure looks like they are playing lower ranked 2A teams. We could use some help covering the valley and we know it's possible both Lyford and Raymondville could work their way up.

Other teams that may be deserving of mention are Stafford (4-0), Sweeny (2-1), Columbus (3-1), Smithville (3-1), Poteet (3-0) SA Sam Houston (3-1), Edna (3-0), Yoakum (1-2), Devine (3-1), Pearsall (4-0), Hondo (2-1), Lytle (2-1), Lyford (3-0) Raymondville (2-1)

Those 15 teams listed above, combined with the Top-10 we posted gives us 25 Region 4 teams that have supporters thinking they should be on the top-10 list. I'm all ears if you all want rank them 1-25, I'm deaf to wise ass comments that only attack other teams and offer no suggestions.

1st and goal
09-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I like the picks but I'll add that any of the top 4 could beat each other on any weekend so we'll call them a toss up. They could be reordered in no particular order.

The LV/Cuero game will crystalize the order somewhat. If Cuero wins, they deserve to be at the top. If they lose, they and LV should still be top 10 teams.

Sealy is my "dark horse" pick. They have potential.

Giddings will have to play Lagrange in Lagrange (later on) and that might be the pivotal game in D25. (And if B'ville beats the Buffs at home).

I'm positive that Giddings hasn't played their best game yet. They spent the last half against Wharton working on some different stuff and playing their bench.

pirate4state
09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Another team that may or may not be on anyone's radar is Pearsall.

We played Lyford & Pearsall in the playoffs last year, haven't really checked to see how many returners are back, but they are both making some early noise, so........

99IHSMustang
09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Season's not half over so give it time. The best teams will rise to the top of the list in a couple of weeks. Polls may be biased but in the end merit drives the rankings. If Ingleside is that good they will prove it on the field like everyone else. Polls do reflect a lot of inherent bias. The bias may come from a "homer" mentality but also from a perception based on passed and present performance. Sort of like the farmer's almanac. Newbies always have to work harder to prove their worth in these situations.:cool:

As an Ingleside fan I agree that the Stangs have done very well this year and I personally don't hold much stock in polls other than I think it is nice to see a team that you support up in the rankings. The Mustangs continued success will show on the feild and you can bank on that.

Move The Chains
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
SO your saying #8 Neeville in Dist. 26 3a will win the District?
"Pass the pipe and get some oxygen man". Funny Stuff Who is playing better in 26 than Needville?

Definitely not Wharton. Stafford has good athletes but really? BR lost to Bryan Rudder. LOL. Columbia looks pretty good against some pretty good competition.... BUT, I don't know that they've showed as well as Needville yet. Sweeny DID get smoked by Brazosport 33-0... so it's kinda hard to rank them high. LOL. I'm not sure who you want ahead of Needville right now. Atleast they're playing well right now.

scrub c
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
D26
WC goes to El Campo (4A) (which may be 3a next alignment)
Sweeny has Bay City (4A) at home
Stafford is at Houston Reagan (4A)
Brookshire is at Bellville
Needville has El Maton (2A) at home
Wharton has the week off I think

tiger eye
09-20-2009, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by R4Editor
[B]4 X 100jackets, tell me who is playing better in D26. You can be a wise ass or you can actually write something constructive.

Today, as we review Region 4, we're not so sure Cuero or La Grange isn't playing the best ball.

Sealy isn't even in the top 10 of the Huddle up or Texashsfootball rankings, yet we all know how dangerous of a team they are...but they also have the look of a team that may stumble.

Opening games in D25 play have Giddings/Sealy and La Grange/Bellville, so luckily it all gets figured out on the field.
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=1294242#

Well said on all counts !

That 25-3A grouping has some interest
from a number of different angles. 4 teams
in the top 10 will certainly create some interest in the district 25 play, regardless of the homer bias of anyone's early weekly polling opinion until they meet on Friday nights with the chips on the line.

Lace 'em up tight in that district, and get there early to get a seat. we are in for some Texas style football from all in that district.

Good luck to ALL involved and may the best team be standing when it's all over, and we as fans benefited from some quality entertainment from these youth for a number of Friday nights to come !

sinton66
09-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Sinton is another tough one; Texashsfootball has them 3rd in the region and 10th in the state! Huddle up has them 9th in region and Massey 10th. Yet, although we think they are a good team that will improve, right now, today, we think Ingleside is playing better.

I'm certainly a Sinton "homer", but I like what I've seen and heard about them. I believe they are gelling and will be a force to deal with. As far as how they compare to Ingleside, we'll all figure that out come October 30th. I can wait.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm certainly a Sinton "homer", but I like what I've seen and heard about them. I believe they are gelling and will be a force to deal with. As far as how they compare to Ingleside, we'll all figure that out come October 30th. I can wait. Sinton has played good enough to win games mostly, not really being explosive for a full game and more in spurts. But they can line it up and play and compete with just about any team in the region. Sinton scrimmages were against CC Ray and Sinton looked good offensively against them(Tds,5-2 Sinton) and La Vernia(Tds,3-0 Sinton). CC Ray beat Robstown 49-8 ths past Friday and La Vernia played Giddings a good game so even though Sinton hasnt played at peak performance for a whole game so far since the season started, they do have the potential to lighted up offensively. Right now though Ingleisde has been playing very good and deserves to get some notice as they'll be tough team to beat come playoff time.

Pudlugger
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
My radar screen has Sinton and Ingleside looming large on it. Could be some rough sailing ahead in Region 4 with these teams jumping you. Better take them seriously as they will be a factor in the playoffs.:cool:

big daddy russ
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm interested to see how Ingleside/Sinton plays out. Even though Ingleside's looked more impressive so far, I get the feeling that they're more evenly matched than a lot of people think.

I'm also looking forward to the playoffs. Hopefully, I don't jinx our boys on that, but Ingleside (along with Sinton) appear to be the district frontrunners and favorites to make the playoffs. Ingleside's had a few teams that have gone deep in the playoffs, but from what I'm hearing the team this year is as good as any we've had in recent years.

I have no idea if they're fielding a better team than we've had in years' past, but I'm interested to find out. Our district hasn't had a real player at the state level since those Sinton teams back around 2003. For a while there, West Oso, Aransas Pass, Sinton, and Mathis were dangerous for anyone anywhere. I'd like to see whether or not Sinton and Ingleside are playing at that level this year.

sinton66
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm interested to see how Ingleside/Sinton plays out. Even though Ingleside's looked more impressive so far, I get the feeling that they're more evenly matched than a lot of people think.

Maybe not at THIS moment in time, but by the time they meet on the field, I'd be surprized if they weren't.

pirate4state
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM

I'm also looking forward to the playoffs. Hopefully, I don't jinx our boys on that, but Ingleside (along with Sinton) appear to be the district frontrunners and favorites to make the playoffs. Ingleside's had a few teams that have gone deep in the playoffs, but from what I'm hearing the team this year is as good as any we've had in recent years.

I have no idea if they're fielding a better team than we've had in years' past, but I'm interested to find out. Our district hasn't had a real player at the state level since those Sinton teams back around 2003. For a while there, West Oso, Aransas Pass, Sinton, and Mathis were dangerous for anyone anywhere. I'd like to see whether or not Sinton and Ingleside are playing at that level this year.

You know I'm not a fan of Ingleside ( :D ) but I'll tell you that yall scare the crap out of me with yalls speed. Now, our boys aren't gonna lay down and you can bet your last dollar they are gonna want to beat the crap out of yall ( :D ) --- it is gonna be a hard hitting, high flying game. You should plan to come down!

Our passing game looked really good Friday night. Our defense did a lot of good things. But both still have work to do and iwhen they get it together....LOOK OUT! :cool: :kiss:

truebluestang
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't forgrt about the 2006 Ingleside team that went to the semi-finals. This year's team may be more well rounded than the 2006 team.

big daddy russ
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Don't forgrt about the 2006 Ingleside team that went to the semi-finals. This year's team may be more well rounded than the 2006 team.
Yeah, and most of our big horses in 2006 were running on bum wheels through the playoffs.

99IHSMustang
09-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang

IMO from what I have seen, I would have to agree with this statement.

OnceABucJr
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM

Graig?

big daddy russ
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You know I'm not a fan of Ingleside ( :D ) but I'll tell you that yall scare the crap out of me with yalls speed. Now, our boys aren't gonna lay down and you can bet your last dollar they are gonna want to beat the crap out of yall ( :D ) --- it is gonna be a hard hitting, high flying game. You should plan to come down!
I'm going to try. I'll have to see what's going on that weekend before I commit to anything, but I bet it'll be a good game.

You know, it's crazy. Ingleside's always had plenty of speed, but none of the older teams really did as much with it as these Hesseltine teams are. Not taking anything away from the previous coaches (Lewis, Peel, Shaver, etc.) because they were all really good guys, but Hesseltine's system was a perfect fit for our little town. Thank you for giving him to us. I wouldn't even mind keeping him around a while. :D

sinton66
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm going to try. I'll have to see what's going on that weekend before I commit to anything, but I bet it'll be a good game.

You know, it's crazy. Ingleside's always had plenty of speed, but none of the older teams really did as much with it as these Hesseltine teams are. Not taking anything away from the previous coaches (Lewis, Peel, Shaver, etc.) because they were all really good guys, but Hesseltine's system was a perfect fit for our little town. Thank you for giving him to us. I wouldn't even mind keeping him around a while. :D

Ha ha. If he comes back to Sinton, he might have to walk the plank!:D

Pudlugger
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Love you guys down there on the coastal bend. You really come out to support your teams!:inlove:

Too bad the Leps only have two or three posters on this board with the great team we have this season. Maybe some will jump on the band wagon latter when we make some noise in D25.:tisk:

Daddy D 11
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
The best team in Region 4 will always lose to the best team from Region 3:D

:taunt: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :hijacktd: :1popcorn: :crazy1: :tongue: :evillol:

Pudlugger
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Not this year in either division.:mad: :1popcorn:

FbCoachB40
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
4 x 100jackets is talking down on Needville, cuz he is a Sweeny guy. It would be a wild year if Sweeny gets left at home in D26, and Bellville gets left at home in D25 (not likely, but possible)

bandera7
09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
sorry to bring up a topic that has already been talked about but I wanted to say something about Bandera...

For those that have seen them play, what did you think of the DE Young and the LB Stevens...not sure what numbers they wear this year, Stevens is likely 4 and Young likely 89