PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Cameron Yoe @ Rockdale(Battle of the Bell)

Milk That Cow
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Should be a good game, but we still don't know how good these teams are...

Rockdale has played a Bakery Schedule of cupcakes, cream puffs, etc...

Cameron is still getting acclimated to their new coaching staff...

Unlike last year, I believe the loser of this contest does not make the playoffs...

King_LeYoeNidas
09-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Hard to call. Cameron has scored alot of points but has given them up as well. Today's final TD was a gimmie IMO but seeing them live, the Yoemen seemed sluggish at times. ALot depends on the injury received by James Wells. It's hard to give Rockdale that much praise when they beat Marlin 7-2 and yet 1A Mart annihilated Marlin tonight 35-0. It's IN Rockdale if I remember correctly? Eh....regardless, I'll go w/ Cameron, they can't afford to lose this because they have Navasota & Caldwell to deal with as well.

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 12:02 AM
If the Rockdale I saw in Llano shows up, it's hard to pick against them.

HEMOTOXIC
09-19-2009, 01:07 AM
I picked Rockdale. Then again, it is the Battle of the Bell.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Keep the paint on it = Cameron wins again

R3Editor
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Please merge with the poll moderators.

c-town_balla
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Cameron got to 610 all-time wins last night

just passing it along

Yoe_09
09-19-2009, 12:53 PM
This game could go anyway in my opinion. Cameron looked pretty good on defense against lorena but the offense was having some struggles. IDK WHY they put the first string team back in the game with 1 minute to go and lorena has no timeouts. They bring them back in a wells gets an injury just because of a POOR coaching decision. All he had to do was put a knee on the ball 2 or 3 times and it was over...... As for the game, i think that it will be a tough matchup will the yoe coming out on top by 7.

lange4
09-20-2009, 12:34 AM
If Rockdale plays anything close to how they played against Llano, they will have no problem with Cameron Yoe. But I would like to know where that team was against Lampasas and Marlin. It seems the defense was still there, but where did the offense go. My pick is Rockdale 35-7.

Old Tiger
09-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by lange4
If Rockdale plays anything close to how they played against Llano, they will have no problem with Cameron Yoe. But I would like to know where that team was against Lampasas and Marlin. It seems the defense was still there, but where did the offense go. My pick is Rockdale 35-7. Offense played bad against Lampases...no excuses there but against Marlin they were playing in a monsoon!

Dogman_1969
09-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Maybe Lampasas isn't so bad after all. They put up 48 on a Gatesville team that beat Cameron and the Tiger D held them to 6. I agree though the Tiger O was bad that night but looking at the big picture with how things have shaken out with Taylor taking a woopin at Llano after Friday.......

Should be a war.....................

ProudHornetMom
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
It will definitely be a good game...Cameron's offense against the Tiger's defense. I like Cameron's speed but think the discipline of Rockdale's defense will control the ball. Cameron is good and quick but tend to get frustrated quickly (in my opinion), that's where Rockdale's disciplined style play will dominate.

It's a good pick for the GOTW.

augie97
09-20-2009, 03:26 PM
After watching every down of Rockdale's games, I will say that the defense has absolutely been great. Rockdale has limited explosive plays by their opponents and have been great on third down which is a must. My concern is that if Cameron makes us one dimensional on offense, it will be tough for the Tigers to win. We must win the battle in the trenches and control the line of scrimmage to win this game. Although our defense has been great this year they haven't seen a caliber opponent with the talent like Cameron. Tiger D can't play every play of every quarter. We must be able to run and pass. Good luck to both sides. Go Tigers

cameron91
09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
IMO , I'm going with dale on this one. for some reason it seams like Cameron just isn't clickin on the offense side of the ball. for a team with the fire power they have ,they should blowing teams out of the water and it hasn't happen.

I'm not a big fan playing two QB's , for any kind of reason . unless its' injury related . Plus you have a 3 year starter and you pull him out the game just to put your son in..please..stick with your starter and let every thing else fall in it's place.

looks like Yoe defense is improving each week so that's a plus.

dale's, d ..will slow down cameron and turnovers has been following cameron in big games for the last couple of season.

rock - 21
Oye - 14...

Old Tiger
09-20-2009, 04:43 PM
What is the word on the Cameron RB who was injured?

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lange4
If Rockdale plays anything close to how they played against Llano, they will have no problem with Cameron Yoe. But I would like to know where that team was against Lampasas and Marlin. It seems the defense was still there, but where did the offense go. My pick is Rockdale 35-7.

You also might want to take into consideration that maybe Llano is really down? I mean maybe Llano isn't down? But Rockdale killed you, then barely beat 2A Marlin? I mean come on. Like sparta boy or whatever said, 1A Mart beat Marlin tonight 35-0? Sounds to me like maybe Rockdale is average and played well above their capabilities in week zero and Llano is average and played well, well below their capabilities.

I'm obviously just score watching and matching common opponents in a sense, but still, the scores don't normally stretch too far from the truth in my opinion.

I think Rockdale wins this one just because of Sanders. The kid is a good athlete and Cameron has a new regime over there, it'll be a few more weeks till they beat someone they aren't supposed to.

RanchRadio
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
KMIL 105.1 The Ranch and KTAE 1330 will simulcast this game so if your not in one area, check the next area if your not going to be at this one. And at 10:30 Myself, Mike Capps, and Brett Eberhardt will go over scores from around the state until midnight on 105.1.

OldBison75
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Rockdale and Cameron are both pretty darn good teams and both have the players to beat most anybody. Rockdale may be known for thier defense, but they have an offense that can score alot of points when the motor is running on all cyllinders. Cameron has tremendous speed and can put up alot of points very quickly. The defense is fast but seems to sometimes be inconsistent. I don't think either team has shown how good they are yet this season, but this matchup is a storied rivalry that brings out the best in both teams. I expect this to be a shootout and yes, this game may have alot to say about the playoff teams from this district. The district has Navasota, Rockdale, Caldwell, Cameron, and Taylor that are all playing well this year. Only three of those five will be in the playoffs and we will see who survives. At least one of these two, if not both, will probably make the playoffs. My pick in this one is for Rockdale because of the ability of thier defense to be dominate.

Dogman_1969
09-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
will ether of these teams make the playoffs??

Don't be surprised if you meet one of them.......

sicem74
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
people are sleeping on Cameron Yoe...prove em wrong Yoemen...keep that bell...LET'S GET IT!

tigerfan09
09-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Sorry but I don't ever recall being friends with anyone from Rockdale when I was in high school. I do recall a lot of fights at the dance halls and out on the Farm to Market Roads . Even contentious in college. And we didn't go to church with them either. There were large wagers placed on the game at Alcoa and IGC.

MANY a case of beer have been lost by Rockdale Tiger fans.

You've got that right...when I was at Cameron Yoe back in the mid 1990's, there was utter hatred of Rockdale...haha

BuckeyeNut
09-22-2009, 06:32 AM
wow why my posted get dl'd not funny. I did some homework on this game I'm sorry if that I did not know about it and how far it goes back, not GOTW but alot of history is all ways good for football. Rockdale wins bc i will never go for Cameron Yoe NEVER :D :D

rockdale80
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
You've got that right...when I was at Cameron Yoe back in the mid 1990's, there was utter hatred of Rockdale...haha

When I played in the late 90's I had several friends from Cameron that I played against. We were friends every day of the year but game day. :)

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Sad but true story.

lulu
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Don't be surprised if you meet one of them.......

Won't happen,,,IMO;)

Yoe_09
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Black Dog does that have something to do with the year 1981 possibly..?

SHSBulldog00
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Rockdale by 10.

navscanmaster
09-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rockdale and Cameron are both pretty darn good teams and both have the players to beat most anybody. Rockdale may be known for thier defense, but they have an offense that can score alot of points when the motor is running on all cyllinders. Cameron has tremendous speed and can put up alot of points very quickly. The defense is fast but seems to sometimes be inconsistent. I don't think either team has shown how good they are yet this season, but this matchup is a storied rivalry that brings out the best in both teams. I expect this to be a shootout and yes, this game may have alot to say about the playoff teams from this district. The district has Navasota, Rockdale, Caldwell, Cameron, and Taylor that are all playing well this year. Only three of those five will be in the playoffs and we will see who survives. At least one of these two, if not both, will probably make the playoffs. My pick in this one is for Rockdale because of the ability of thier defense to be dominate.

You forgot Rudder as well. We will know much more about them after Friday night, but so far at 2-1 with a drubbing of Hearne, a pretty good 2A team, they are looking good as well.

On topic, Rockdale should win this game. It may be 13-7 or 7-6, but I don't really see this one getting up to high in the scoring. Reason 1: Rockdale's defense is playing lights out. Reason 2: the rivalry naturally makes it more hard hitting and knock-down drag out.

Rockdale 20, Cameron 7 is my prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way. If Cameron really wants it, Cameron 14, Rockdale 7.

offduty
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
rockdale's favored by 14, but i see it being a closer game than that

87 TIGER
09-23-2009, 03:24 PM
This is a huge game in these communities, throw out the spreads or who should win. Make sure your helmet is straped on and get ready. Battle of the Bell baby. Should be a really good game this year. Go Tigers!

aggiejon85
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
rockdale will win if they score 21. But I do think they will need to pass the ball more this week to win.

Rockdale 21
Cameron 17

Yoe_09
09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
The game has officially been selected for the Marquee Matchup for KWTX channel 10. The game got over 56 percent of the votes leaving the Mexia vs. West game in a distant 28 percent. There will be previews shown tomorrow (Thursday) for the 6 and 10 o'clock edition.

This game should be hard fought. I think it will come down to maybe who has the ball last. The yoe have got to come out and play hard nose football. We have to play better than we have at any time this season. To be honest, this is the best year for Rockdale to beat us. The upcoming classes for the Yoe are very talented and will be able to put up lots of points. Should be a good game, have to go with what usually happens, Yoe by 7.

Rabid Cougar
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
I am just glad I don't have to listen to that bell all night long. They used to drive it around town all night after winning it. Certainly they don't any more in the law suit/ scared of own shadow society that we are today.

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I am just glad I don't have to listen to that bell all night long. They used to drive it around town all night after winning it. Certainly they don't any more in the law suit/ scared of own shadow society that we are today.

I actually miss hearing that bell...but I don't know if I would to hear it at 3am!

CenTexSports
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Trust me, they drive around until 1 or 2 in the morning and I live on one of the main drags that get it everytime around. Fortunately, I will be late getting in from my game and will miss most or all of it.

If Cameron wins! Should be a pretty good game.

yoe64
09-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I love that sound!

BwdLions
09-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Yoe by seven.

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Cameron Yoe by 3 in overtime

KngKongInDTrunk
09-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I heard that Cameron folks had to start buying up the empty seats on Rockdale's side. Watch out for the wet paint under the stands. Stay classy!

Dogman_1969
09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
I heard that Cameron folks had to start buying up the empty seats on Rockdale's side. Watch out for the wet paint under the stands. Stay classy!

Not a seat available. Rockdale sold out by Monday evening. You must be confused, the cameron folks thought they were buying seats on Rockdale side but they were only buying stadium seats with Rockdale printed on them.

offduty
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Watch out for the wet paint under the stands. Stay classy!

yeah, make sure you trim your hedges too

bigYoe
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
wow why my posted get dl'd not funny. I did some homework on this game I'm sorry if that I did not know about it and how far it goes back, not GOTW but alot of history is all ways good for football. Rockdale wins bc i will never go for Cameron Yoe NEVER :D :D

Dude dont be mad because we beat yall in the '81 State Game. Yall have won, what 2 since then? Even though Rdale is ranked #13 by the AP the game WILL BE CLOSE. Throwout rankings, schedules and what need be when it come to the BOTB. Lets go oYe keep the bell. The only problem i see the Yoemen having is on defense. Defense has been giving up alot of points mainly due to a lack of physical hieght on our D-Line as well as secondary. Offense will score some points even though Rdales D is their strength. Lets go oYe kick some Tiger butt.

augie97
09-25-2009, 10:36 PM
41-21...ROCKDALE WINS!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by augie97
41-21...ROCKDALE WINS!!!

HOME? I would put it like going to stay at Grandmas for the weekend. Just be careful with it. We have grown fond of it.

pirate4state
09-26-2009, 02:19 AM
CONGRATS TIGERS!

87 TIGER
09-26-2009, 03:08 AM
uh oh do I sense a trend 3-4 out of the last 7 years

Coach BS
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Rockdales D played great, the only weakness seamed to be in the secondary. Cameron couldnt get anything going on the ground. The Brooks kid from Rockdale, WOW! and only a soph.Dang that Bell sounded good last night around town!!

Old Tiger
09-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Rockdales D played great, the only weakness seamed to be in the secondary. Cameron couldnt get anything going on the ground. The Brooks kid from Rockdale, WOW! and only a soph.Dang that Bell sounded good last night around town!! Three interceptions and the secondary is weak? :confused: :thinking:

One of the Yoe's TD's came off of the QB evading the rush and buying time. DB had to be in coverage about 6 seconds and he slipped.

I think the D is lights out from the front 4 to the secondary. The David brothers are legit!