PDA

View Full Version : Game of the WEEK

BuckeyeNut
09-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Gilmer vs Dangerfield

Even though Dfield is 2a this is going to be the best game of the week in the whole state. Come on out to Buckeye Land for this one.

Dogman_1969
09-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Cameron at Rockdale......enough said..........

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
If Buckeye land wasn't like a million miles away, I would definitely be there. I'd love to watch this one.

pirate4state
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM
#1 in 3A vs #1 in 2A - should be a GREAT game!

Good Luck Buckeyes!

BuckeyeNut
09-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Just bc you dont know about this game dont hate this is the best game of the week in the whole state

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I think that will be a great game but to me the 3A game of the week should be between two 3A schools...

Nursebetty
09-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Gilmer vs Dangerfield

Even though Dfield is 2a this is going to be the best game of the week in the whole state. Come on out to Buckeye Land for this one.

OMG.....i would really like to see this one..unfortunately cant...this is going to be a great game!

RTigMom
09-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Dogman's not hating. If you have never seen The Battle of the Bell bewtween Cameron and Rockdale you've missed out. This is one of the biggest rivalries in Texas football. Good luck Tigers!

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Gilmer is still smarting from '81

lulu
09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I think that will be a great game but to me the 3A game of the week should be between two 3A schools...

Has it always been? Cause Gilmer/Df. is gonna be great.

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Has it always been? Cause Gilmer/Df. is gonna be great.
I'm only speaking for myself and my own opinion. Agreed that this should be a really good one.

lulu
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm only speaking for myself and my own opinion. Agreed that this should be a really good one.

I really don't know,,,wasn't being ugly. SO Is it always between 2 3A teams? If that is the rule,,,,then I got no gripe. I just really like both these teams and one is in our district so I would naturally like to have seen it GOTW.:)

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I really don't know,,,wasn't being ugly. SO Is it always between 2 3A teams? If that is the rule,,,,then I got no gripe. I just really like both these teams and one is in our district so I would naturally like to have seen it GOTW.:)
As far as I know, the answer is that "officially" it doesn't have to be two 3A teams. But my personal bias is to choose a game between two 3A teams if there is a very good one to pick among that lot. :)

lulu
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
As far as I know, the answer is that "officially" it doesn't have to be two 3A teams. But my personal bias is to choose a game between two 3A teams if there is a very good one to pick among that lot. :)

Well we will just enjoy our GOTW for RegIII and keep up with the
other great game. :D

tigerfan09
09-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Seriously, THE game of this week is Cameron vs. Rockdale...the infamous Battle of the Bell...this is one of the storied traditions in Texas high school football...if you don't recognize this, you aren't a true Texas high school football fan...

tigerfan09
09-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Gilmer is still smarting from '81

Yeah, what was the final score from this 3A final in December of 1981 on that blistery cold afternoon at Baylor stadium?

Cameron 26
Gilmer 3

lulu
09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
1981? That's all you got? really?
Where ya been this decade?

tigerfan09
09-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Lulu, you are now offending RabidCougar...

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Been relishing that big ol' Championship trophy and a ring with a tiny little "Gilmer 3" on the side of it. Then I watched my oldest son play football going undefeated through Jr. High, start both ways as a Sophmore , subsequently be named All-State twice,play Celina in the State Championship game, earn Super CenTex Defensive MVP honors and earn a D-1 football scholarship . Now I am watching my youngest go undefeated through Jr. High...

I'm sorry. I've been busy. You were saying something about Gilmer?

Cameron over Rockdale in the GoTW!

lostaussie
09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Gilmer is still smarting from '81 NOT.........I got over that a long time ago!!!!!

lulu
09-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Lulu, you are now offending RabidCougar...

Why would that offend him? Some of the stuff I've seen on here,,,,,,heck I might as well been sending him kisses.

Rabid Cougar did I offend you? Didn't mean to,:kiss:

BuckeyeNut
09-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Been relishing that big ol' Championship trophy and a ring with a tiny little "Gilmer 3" on the side of it. Then I watched my oldest son play football going undefeated through Jr. High, start both ways as a Sophmore , subsequently be named All-State twice,play Celina in the State Championship game, earn Super CenTex Defensive MVP honors and earn a D-1 football scholarship . Now I am watching my youngest go undefeated through Jr. High...

SIGH AND WERE DOES YOUR BOYS PLAY? NOT AT THE YOE

lulu
09-21-2009, 10:54 AM

Aren't you from China Spring? Are you guys real close geographly to Cameron or Rockdale?

OldBison75
09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I understand that the Gilmer/Daingerfield game will be a real great game. I also understand that the game is a rivalry. I can see how some would like to see that game as the GOTW.

That said, the Cameron/Rockdale game has about 100 years of traditional rivalry from two towns about 16 miles apart. These kids are friends away from sports and compete against each other at everything from little dribblers to football, boy scouts to county fairs, and for the affections of the girls from each school. This a rivalry that not only involves the kids on the field, but the parents, grandparents, and communities. Many of the familys may live in different towns but work in the same places and some even go to the same churches.

I'm not saying that this is the most important game in the state, or that may be the best game to be played this week, but I guarantee that the game will be hard hitting, exciting, and every kid and fan will be pumped up beyond belief. This matchup typically shuts down both towns and the stadium will be packed. And the best part of the game is that after it is over, the two teams will shake hands and pat each other on the back. Saturday morning, they will continue thier normal friendships and wait for the next time they meet to try and even the score.

Good luck to both teams in the Gilmer/Daingerfield matchup and I will be watching for the updates.

poisoned10
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I never realized being named 'Game of the Week' for your region was that big of a deal.

venomous tat2
09-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I would have to say Rockdale & Cameron they have been playing this game for years and besides they are playing for a trophy " The Bell " .Gilmer & Daingerfield is a good draw but how often are these 2 teams gonna both be # 1 and play each other with that ranking ?

BuckeyeNut
09-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Dangerfield coach is saying they are going to break the Buckeyes 31 game Home winning streak. Just what Taylor needs to light the fires :D :D

BuckeyeNut
09-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I never realized being named 'Game of the Week' for your region was that big of a deal.

I'm in Tyler this week dont make me have to come and handcuff you and put you on the bandwagon:D :D

poisoned10
09-22-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm in Tyler this week dont make me have to come and handcuff you and put you on the bandwagon:D :D

You should swing through Applebee's tonight or tomorrow night then. I'll be working the bar those nights. :D

waterboy
09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Dangerfield coach is saying they are going to break the Buckeyes 31 game Home winning streak. Just what Taylor needs to light the fires :D :D
Did Coach Barry Bowman say that??:eek: If so, where, or to whom did he say this? I can't believe he would say something like this and give the Buckeyes some bulletin board material. Is this just hearsay, or did he really say it? Just wondering....:confused:

pirate4state
09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Did Coach Barry Bowman say that??:eek: If so, where, or to whom did he say this? I can't believe he would say something like this and give the Buckeyes some bulletin board material. Is this just hearsay, or did he really say it? Just wondering....:confused:

I would really hope the Buckeyes didn't need BB material!

Just get after it, like you usually do and you'll be fine!

Gilmer 45
Daingerfield 28

lostaussie
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Put it 3 inch headlines

"ASSWHIPPING ALERT"

Arp will be the #1 team in 2A after Gilmer dismantles D'field. Not that they are better, they will just be ranked #1:D. I am done on this topic:thumbsup:

BuckeyeNut
09-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

It is hearsay bc i did not hear him say it, i was told that bye someone that said someone else told them he was tell his players that.

BuckeyeNut
09-23-2009, 04:38 PM
:D :D :D

lulu
09-23-2009, 04:42 PM
:D :D :D

Stinker;)