PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Tigers

D4C
09-19-2009, 12:38 AM
hey anybody got the score for the Wharton Tigers this week?
Just lookin for the score, no b.s, just score and analysis

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 12:43 AM
They got smoked. Like 47-12 or something.

SHSBulldog00
09-19-2009, 01:08 AM
49-12

tigerfan09
09-19-2009, 04:52 PM
yet another dreary season for the Wharton Tigers...i heard they only have like 29 players on their roster, and about 25 are seniors...

D4C
09-19-2009, 11:40 PM
thats what people said about us last year and we made the playoffs, don't count them out yet these games help them out in the long run for district

Antec
09-20-2009, 09:46 AM
26-3A may be the most balanced district in the region strength wise

Seems like any team can beat another come Oct. 9 comes.

Can't count Royal , Wharton or Stafford out

Sweeny, Needville and Columbia appear to be front runners but anything can happen.

Wharton is off this Friday and then plays Bellvillle for homcecoming. Needville should handle Tidehaven but it was close last year.

Sweeny should beat winless Bay City but the Blackcats will play the Bulldogs tougher than their last three opponents.

Columbia will most likely lose to El Campo who should be 4-0 instead of 3-1.

Royal has Bellville and Stafford has Houston Reagan.

Now District 28-3A is a different story

It Cuero and all the rest

Yoakum, Edna, Palacios, Goliad and Gonzales.

teetle
09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Wharton betters get the basketballs out now. Theys not going to the playoffs. Good luck but i's don't sees it. :eek: :D :weeping:

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Wharton betters get the basketballs out now. Theys not going to the playoffs. Good luck but i's don't sees it. :eek: :D :weeping: Why did you go all retarded lately? It's not even funny. :doh:

maestro
09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
wharton's schedule needs adjusting..

wharton has big rivalry with el campo.

a small rivalry with rice consold.

but they honestly need to drop either bellville or giddings.

playing them both really does not make sense, especially when you are trying to boost excitement for the sport.

having said that, the wharton staff will make sure that the tigers are as well prepared as any of their opponents.

how antec could say that dist. 26 is tough is beyond me.

needville, sweeny, and royal appear to be ahead of everyone else ; sorry stafford.....4-0.....but.....

Move The Chains
09-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by maestro

playing them both really does not make sense, especially when you are trying to boost excitement for the sport.

having said that, the wharton staff will make sure that the tigers are as well prepared as any of their opponents.

needville, sweeny, and royal appear to be ahead of everyone else ; sorry stafford.....4-0.....but.....

Royal lost to Bryan Rudder.

Columbia 17 - Brazosport 14

Sweeny 0 - Brazosport 33

Just saying.

D4C
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM

this is the exact same scheduele we had last year and we proved every one wrong last year. we dont need the excitment to play football thats for the fans, all we need to do is just win 3 of our 5 district games and playoffs here we come. and we do have a pretty even district everyone can beat everybody at any given time. except stafford of course, but they play really hard and are a team to give credit to

tigerfan09
09-21-2009, 07:23 PM

You're right...Wharton does not need to play Bellville or Giddings...for pre-district games, they should be playing El Campo, Rice Consolidated, Boling, and East Bernard,....these games would bring a level of excitement for area fans to see how Wharton plays against area teams...even though Boling and East Bernard are just 2A, they are very good 2A teams...

maestro
09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by D4C
this is the exact same scheduele we had last year and we proved every one wrong last year. we dont need the excitment to play football thats for the fans, all we need to do is just win 3 of our 5 district games and playoffs here we come. and we do have a pretty even district everyone can beat everybody at any given time. except stafford of course, but they play really hard and are a team to give credit to

So by your standards, a 3 win season and playoffs appear in the same sentence?

Can anyone say....watered down playoff system???

D4C
09-21-2009, 10:59 PM
So by your standards, a 3 win season and playoffs appear in the same sentence?

Can anyone say....watered down playoff system???

apparently u dont get my point
when we play these teams its to better us for district. then when we make the playoffs, we most likely will face one of these previous teams we've played already so it sort of helps up out a little

LE Dad
09-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by D4C
apparently u dont get my point
when we play these teams its to better us for district. then when we make the playoffs, we most likely will face one of these previous teams we've played already so it sort of helps up out a little :clap: :clap: Excellent post!! Playing the best will make you better. If you can get into the playoffs and make a run not 1 player will remember those first 5 games and the next year your #s will go up. :thinking:

TIGER FAN
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: Excellent post!! Playing the best will make you better. If you can get into the playoffs and make a run not 1 player will remember those first 5 games and the next year your #s will go up. :thinking:

I have to agree with you LE Dad. The better teams you play before district, only makes you a better team!

As for you TigerFan09 - Another dreary season for the Wharton Tigers???? I would not count them out yet. Them boys are out for blood! I suggest that before you start posting information on here-you get the facts straight first!
:lies:

D4C
09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
I have to agree with you LE Dad. The better teams you play before district, only makes you a better team!

As for you TigerFan09 - Another dreary season for the Wharton Tigers???? I would not count them out yet. Them boys are out for blood! I suggest that before you start posting information on here-you get the facts straight first!

Amen partna, i never give up on my team TIGERS ALL THA WAY!!

tigerfan09
09-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN

I do have my facts straight...the final scores for the last 3 games don't lie! I'll get back with you after the 2-8 season.

D4C
09-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
I do have my facts straight...the final scores for the last 3 games don't lie! I'll get back with you after the 2-8 season.

Man ur a straight hater, do u get joy out of hatin on people or what?

TIGER FAN
09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by D4C

AMEN D4C!!!!!!

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by D4C

Hey, someone needs to light a fire under those boys' ***es and also the coaching staff's. The Wharton Tigers need to want to win first, and then the winning will come. Being satisfied with a win over a chump like Brookshire-Royal isn't good enough. I think the last season that I saw the Wharton Tigers really want to win is when they faced Burnet in the playoffs about 5 years ago in Victoria. The Tigers got stomped due to having to go up against Stephen McGee and Jordan Shipley, but if it wouldn't have been for that, they would have gone deeper in the playoffs. That may have been Russell Roberts' last season in Wharton?

FbCoachB40
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Russell Robert's last year was 2006-2007. The team that lost to Burnet was from '03, and we didnt get blown out. McGee had thrown 31 TDs with no INTs coming into that game. We picked him 3x. We spotted them 9 off of miscues, but played great the rest of the way through

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Russell Robert's last year was 2006-2007. The team that lost to Burnet was from '03, and we didnt get blown out. McGee had thrown 31 TDs with no INTs coming into that game. We picked him 3x. We spotted them 9 off of miscues, but played great the rest of the way through

Wharton got beat 70-29...you don't call that a blow out?????

FbCoachB40
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
70 -29. Blowout???

It depends what team you arte rooting for

pancho villa
09-24-2009, 09:54 AM
70 -29. Blowout???

ouch

Move The Chains
09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Wharton got beat 70-29...you don't call that a blow out????? LOL :doh:

pancho villa
09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Wharton got beat 70-29...you don't call that a blow out?????

And what posotion did you play in football 09? A$$ back? or were you in the band?

pirate4state
09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
And what posotion did you play in football 09? A$$ back? or were you in the band? :eek: :eek: oh my gooooodnesssssss

themsu97
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
70 -29. Blowout???

that is more beat down than blow out

TIGER FAN
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
And what posotion did you play in football 09? A$$ back? or were you in the band?

Right on Brother!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: : :ditto: :fnypost:

D4C
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM

:clap: ha ha tigerfan 09 is a hater straight forward. The team has the fire to play and we have less and less talent every year but we still have the fire. just cuz we dont win a lot of games doesn't mean were not on fire

TIGER FAN
09-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by D4C
:clap: ha ha tigerfan 09 is a hater straight forward. The team has the fire to play and we have less and less talent every year but we still have the fire. just cuz we dont win a lot of games doesn't mean were not on fire

AMEN! Those boys have alot of fire and enjoy every bit of getting to play!

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 04:57 PM

You're a real funny guy. You must be recollecting the position that were you assigned to back in your playing days.

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 05:00 PM
GO WHARTON TIGERS!

LE Dad
09-24-2009, 05:07 PM
And what posotion did you play in football 09? A$$ back? or were you in the band? FUUUUnEE:D

D4C
09-24-2009, 05:53 PM
GO WHARTON TIGERS!

thats funny cuz under ur name it says practice squad so u are an A$$ back hahahahaha

tigerfan09
09-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by D4C
thats funny cuz under ur name it says practice squad so u are an A$$ back hahahahaha

How old are you? You know, you are a clear example of why there are so many idiots on this board.

D4C
09-24-2009, 07:38 PM
How old are you? You know, you are a clear example of why there are so many idiots on this board.
im 18 partna u got a problem with it? if u are older than me then u should be able to take a joke. Bet u didn't say anything to everyone else though did u?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
09-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow... someone needs their card pulled

D4C
09-24-2009, 09:56 PM
im just sayin that if u cant take a joke then don't post on here im new but some people are like little babies. im just havin fun and reppin my alma mater

pancho villa
09-25-2009, 07:10 AM

Call the whammmmmmmmmmbulance for 09

teetle
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Pancho yous still bes at Sweeny? Good mluck toos night.:weeping: :weeping: :eek: