PDA

View Full Version : Llano vs. Taylor

sandmaster
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Llano wins 30-14!!! The Jackets get there first win of the season! Congrats to the Jackets and good luck in District 8-3a. Was anyone at the game because Taylor looked impressive with a 3-0 record coming into the game and they were putting up lots of points too.

ziggy29
09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I was there. Early in the game Taylor was sticking it to the Jackets. Their first drive looked like a hot knife through butter on the Llano defense and they took a quick 7-0 lead. But after that, the Llano D would stiffen up for the most part; they didn't wait for halftime to make an adjustment and it was obvious on Taylor's second possession that they made some changes.

At the half, I think Taylor led 14-10 if my memory is correct. At that time, the game seemed pretty even in terms of play, yards gained and how each team was imposing its will on the other. Maybe Taylor was a little better in the first half, but it was close.

The second half was thoroughly dominated by Llano. The obvious thing I saw was that Llano really began to control the line play on both sides of the football in the third quarter. By late in the third quarter and into the fourth, Llano was blowing Taylor off the line on offense and defense. This despite Llano fumbling (by my count) four times, losing three in the game and muffing a punt return (recovered).

Taylor started out with an effective passing game, but once Llano started really mounting a strong pass rush, the Ducks couldn't consistently get anything going in the air.

And as much as I liked the solid win and the second half controlling of the game, Llano has GOT to take better care of the football.

By the way, Taylor's dance team is top notch and gave one heck of a halftime show. We were treated to a little bit of the Rockettes here in sleepy little Llano.

sandmaster
09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
This win should give the Jackets some much needed confidence going into District play.

rockdale80
09-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Nice win Llano