PDA

View Full Version : FINAL - #9 Navasota 24 - #6 Bellville 14

striker
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Navasota 24 - Bellville 14 FINAL

Heck of a game.

Brahma84
09-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Great game. Navasota's O-line was huge!! They also have great team speed. This years Bellville team has not been able to find the intensity they played with last season. Keep working hard Brahmas, two more weeks before the games really start to count.

Brahma84
09-18-2009, 10:55 PM
stats from the Houston Chronicle:

Navasota Bellville
Total yards412 353
First downs 22 21
Rushes/Yds 42/248 39/189
Average rush 5.9 4.85
Comp/Atts 11/19/0 13/20/3
Pass yards 164 164
Comp pct 57.89 65
Punts 1 2
Punting Yards 44 37
Fumbles/Lost 5/2 0/0
Penalties-yards 3-20 5-60

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Congrats Rattlers! :clap:

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 11:33 PM
must have been a heck of a game - the stats certainly aren't lopsided at all. Congrats Rattlers

dachosenone
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
O-Line for the Rattlers made all the difference in the game. 5 Fumbles and we only recover one was a key factor in the game. Great game! Best of luck Rattlers rest of the season.

Move The Chains
09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I think this was a good game between 2 very good teams. I'm definitely glad I got to watch.

Both offenses moved the ball well but there were probably half a dozen turnovers in the red zone between the two teams in the first half alone. That limited the scoring.

Navasota has a REALLY good O-line.

Brahmas are a very good team, but the just ran into a Rattler squad that was a bit better. #12 for Navasota is a good ball player.

For the Brahmas, I really like #51 and #36. Those are 2 hard nosed guys y'all should be proud of.

I think the score is indicative of how the teams should be ranked. I think after watching them play, that right now--- Navasota is the better team. Not by a wide margin.... but they've got a bitter better defense and a more athletic QB. That's the difference in these two teams, IMO.

Good luck to both of these teams in the future. :2thumbsup

Thanks for an exciting game, start to finish!

*** Navasota may only show 2 turnovers, but they did turn the ball over on downs 3 times I think, all in Bellville territory. field position had a large part to do with this game as well. Navasota definitely won that aspect.

navscanmaster
09-19-2009, 12:09 AM
It was a heck of a game. I am very proud of our defense. We bent at times, but did not break. When they needed to step up, they did so. The secondary played very good football. Bellville's line kept the pocket clean for Mueller to find his targets all night long, and when he got flushed, he had very good speed and elusiveness to get the necessary yardage. Fortunately for the Rattlers, his accuracy on the deep ball was a little off tonight. Both teams were hitting the ball hard on defense, and the Brahmas are as good as advertised, forcing several fumbles.

On offense, I don't recall seeing the offensive line play a full game of football in a very long time. They did tonight, keeping the Brahma down lineman off our backs, and making the linebackers and safeties catch up to the plays. Kye was very accurate most of the night, but I think some of our receivers were hearing footsteps early on with the dropped passes. We had a few drives end on downs deep into Brahma territory, but out of our kicker's range. The one punt came from the Brahma 41.

Keep your heads up Bellville, I saw players from both teams walking off the field a little wobbly and gimpy. This game was a hard hitting, emotional game that was a big time crowd pleaser.

Looking forward to next week now, as Bryan Rudder absolutely handled Hearne 49-14 for their second win and first win streak! DQ Game of the Week after the obvious game of the week! Go Rattlers! Good luck in D-25 Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Congratulations to the Rattlers! This is a very good team, definitely moving up the polls in my book. Lots of speed & plenty of size up front, led by a very dangerous QB. Not too many 3A teams will be able to play with these Rattlers & despite losing their 3 stud players from last season, this is a better overall team. Remember this team defeated Henderson 47-0 & Carthage struggled to beat the same team 14-13.

Bellville made some costly mistakes, especially in the redzone. Two interceptions killed a couple of good scoring opportunities & a few unwise penalties were huge in this game. Bellville roughed the kicker, which ended up giving Navasota enough time to score before the half ended. Late in the game, Bellville jumped offsides giving the Rattlers a first down on a 4th down play. Bellville did end the game inches away from scoring a TD & had earlier missed a 3rd Qtr FG.

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Congratulations to the Rattlers! This is a very good team, definitely moving up the polls in my book. Lots of speed & plenty of size up front, led by a very dangerous QB. Not too many 3A teams will be able to play with these Rattlers & despite losing their 3 stud players from last season, this is a better overall team. Remember this team defeated Henderson 47-0 & Carthage struggled to beat the same team 14-13.

Bellville made some costly mistakes, especially in the redzone. Two interceptions killed a couple of good scoring opportunities & a few unwise penalties were huge in this game. Bellville roughed the kicker, which ended up giving Navasota enough time to score before the half ended. Late in the game, Bellville jumped offsides giving the Rattlers a first down on a 4th down play. Bellville did end the game inches away from scoring a TD & had earlier missed a 3rd Qtr FG. Lol. Well, you forgot to mention the 3 turnovers Navasota had inside the Bellville 30 yd line. I'lll admit that the offside on 4th down was a bonehead move, but that TD at the end that Bellville almost had means absolutely nothing. The game was over long before that drive started. And that Fg was ridiculously far away. 40 something yards. They would have been wise to not even bother trying.

Just saying man. I'm not trying to discredit the Brahmas in any way, I just like how you buttered it up to make it look a little different than it was.

zebrablue2
09-19-2009, 12:54 AM
no excuses, congrats to the rattlers!!! way to fight to the end bulls..

Bull's-eye
09-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Lol. Well, you forgot to mention the 3 turnovers Navasota had inside the Bellville 30 yd line. I'lll admit that the offside on 4th down was a bonehead move, but that TD at the end that Bellville almost had means absolutely nothing. The game was over long before that drive started. And that Fg was ridiculously far away. 40 something yards. They would have been wise to not even bother trying.

Just saying man. I'm not trying to discredit the Brahmas in any way, I just like how you buttered it up to make it look a little different than it was.

Navasota only had two turnovers & did have opportunities to score a few more points. The offsides allowed Navasota to eat several minutes off the clock, which could of left Bellville enough time to score & then try their luck with an on-side kick. I agree, I wouldn't of tried the long FG, but if he had of made it, you're only looking at a 7 point game. This would of made that last TD opportunity very meaningful.

87 TIGER
09-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Way to go Navasota.

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Navasota only had two turnovers & did have opportunities to score a few more points. The offsides allowed Navasota to eat several minutes off the clock, which could of left Bellville enough time to score & then try their luck with an on-side kick. I agree, I wouldn't of tried the long FG, but if he had of made it, you're only looking at a 7 point game. This would of made that last TD opportunity very meaningful. Navasota lost 2 fumbles. They also turned it over on downs 3 times, I believe.

Yes, the offsides on 4th down was a key moment. The Rattlers were able to run off about another 4 mins of the clock.... AND it allowed Navasota to push Bellville back an extra 30 or so yds.

THAT play cost Bellville more than any other in the game.

Anyway, both teams had opportunities to score more.... but the defenses came up big.

Bull's-eye
09-19-2009, 02:42 AM
The offsides was huge, but the roughing penalty did major damage. Bellville gets a 15 yard roughing the kicker on the Navasota XPt. Navasota takes a 14-7 lead, but gets to kick from the Bellville 45. Bellville is pinned back inside their 10 yard line & is unable to get a first down. Navasota receives the punt & ends up with great field postion. The Rattlers score on 4th down, with only 11 seconds remaining to make the score 21-7. Without the extra 15 yards, Navasota might not had time to get the score. The Bellville offense would of had a little more room to operate & not be so conservative in their play calling. Getting one first down would of definitely kept the score 14-7.

Bellville opened the 3rd Qtr with a nice drive, but ended up attempting a 39 yd FG on 4th & short at the Navasota 22 yard line. Trailing 21-7, I rather seen them go for the first down & try to get within a TD of the Rattlers. Converting here might of been a huge momentum changer, instead of settling for the low percentage long FG attempt.

HEMOTOXIC
09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Game over! Bellville played well in a great non district ball game. Yes, both teams could have played better. But, I do believe that both teams left what they had on the field. We will never know what could have happened if this or that would have happened.

To the Navasota and Bellville football players: You guys played well. Don't put too much into this game because both of you have a tough district schedule ahead.

Take care of district and maybe you will meet again in the playoffs.

Go Snakes!

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Also, did one of the Bellville players get hurt? I heard something about a concussion maybe and they were calling for a doctor, etc.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Great pre-district game, one of the best match-ups you can get in pre-district. Two top 10 teams playing win or lose it will only help you get better for when the games start to count. I see Navasota as a team not to many teams will be able to beat, top 3, or 4 in the state.Bellville will only get better and I still see the Brahmas as one of the teams in the top 15. Last night was a good challenge for both teams, both will get better and make a good run the rest of the way. Tallked to some old friends from Navasota after the game and all had only good comments about the Brahmas. Good luck and hope to meet up again. That would mean we would have won 4 games in the play-offs before we would meet again, would be a good thing for both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Great pre-district game, one of the best match-ups you can get in pre-district. Two top 10 teams playing win or lose it will only help you get better for when the games start to count. I see Navasota as a team not to many teams will be able to beat, top 3, or 4 in the state.Bellville will only get better and I still see the Brahmas as one of the teams in the top 15. Last night was a good challenge for both teams, both will get better and make a good run the rest of the way. Tallked to some old friends from Navasota after the game and all had only good comments about the Brahmas. Good luck and hope to meet up again. That would mean we would have won 4 games in the play-offs before we would meet again, would be a good thing for both teams.

Very well put. Navasota has the up most respect for the Brahmas, believe that! Bellville will be fine. Like you said, both teams will only get better.

Good Luck to Bellville and Navasota as district play begins.

ProudHornetMom
09-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I didn't get to go to the game but my family did along with several Caldwell people. I was getting frequent updates...from all reports sounded like a good game.

A bit off topic...but I want to thank both Navasota and Bellville for being classy with the after game posts. Some Brownwood posters could learn much from y'all. :clap:

j_dog
09-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Congratulations Navasota! :clap: Way to go!

OldBison75
09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
This was an outstanding matchup between two very good teams. Bellville has the tools to win alot of games this year and by the time the playoffs roll around, they will be really good. Offensively, the QB is very good and if given a little time will pick you apart. They have a very good offensive system that spreads the ball around very well. I do think that they would have been well served to use the run a little more Friday Night. Defensively, this bunch will put a helmet on you and attacks from the snap until the tackle. The are clean and hit hard and often. #36, I believe Jackson, if the best linebacker I have seen in some time. The guy is all over the field and around the ball all the time. He is also a real leader on the field. If he gets a hand on the runner, he is taking him down. I saw a Bellville team that is still gelling in the new coach's program and it is a program that is well suited to the athletes they have. Give them a couple of more games to work out some very small kinks and they will be very tough for anybody to beat. I think they might just be better than Giddings right now.

I congratulate my Rattler on a great performance. There were many mistakes made and many times that dropped passes and fumbles helped stop drives, but you kept pounding and found a way to win. Bellville made a great impression on the team and they know they were in a battle. We start district this week against Bryan Rudder and they are a new program on a two game winning streak. Should be fun.

Good luck to the Bulls and I hope we both play well enough from here on out to meet again about week 14.

Move The Chains
09-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
#36, I believe Jackson, if the best linebacker I have seen in some time. The guy is all over the field and around the ball all the time. He is also a real leader on the field. If he gets a hand on the runner, he is taking him down. Yep, I mentioned this guy in my post as well. That guy is GOOD!

I think #51 had a heck of a game defensively too! And don't forget that #36 plays RB too.

zebrablue2
09-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Jackson is the real deal, and a great kid!! :2thumbsup: He is strong as a horse, and will carry any load placed upon him.

HEMOTOXIC
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I was really impressed with #9 for the Brahmas.

beastyboyz
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I was really impressed with #9 for the Brahmas.

#36 is wht we call a "hoss" can be used on both sides of the ball...#9 has true speed, and has the "want to" to come up and hit, u can't coach that, wouldn't mind seeing the brahmas using him on offense more. #10 is a great player he has a great future to come, #6 is a big strong back tht will be a big part of the brahma O, #28 didn't receive many touches, but he can take it 6 on any play...

Gators17
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
#9, Jacques Polk (sp?) set the 40-yard dash record at Bellville, running a 4.41 (hand-time of course). I agree, Jackson is one of the best linebackers Bellville has had in a while and has a bright future in front of him. #10, Mueller, has a verbal commitment to Rice to play baseball and is a true athlete.

I was really impressed with #12 from Navasota as he was a true dual-threat quarterback and can beat any team with both his feet and arm. Navasota is a better team right now, but I feel like this Bellville team will be able to put up a better fight later on in the road.

Congrats to the Rattlers and best of luck to both teams!

beastyboyz
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
#9, Jacques Polk (sp?) set the 40-yard dash record at Bellville, running a 4.41 (hand-time of course). I agree, Jackson is one of the best linebackers Bellville has had in a while and has a bright future in front of him. #10, Mueller, has a verbal commitment to Rice to play baseball and is a true athlete.

I was really impressed with #12 from Navasota as he was a true dual-threat quarterback and can beat any team with both his feet and arm. Navasota is a better team right now, but I feel like this Bellville team will be able to put up a better fight later on in the road.

Congrats to the Rattlers and best of luck to both teams!

Thts a nice post gator. Good luck to both teams

UPanIN
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
First time I've seen the Rattlers this season.

IMO they look better than any of the teams from the last couple years. A lot better balance and the "D" is a whole lot better.

Bellville has a very good team also. Thankful that the QB was off just a little bit. He has a strong arm and makes good decisions. They will be fine. Their "D" is good but will get better.

Way to go Rattlers.

pancho villa
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Do most women in Bellville dip Copenhagen or Skoal?

beastyboyz
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Do most women in Bellville dip Copenhagen or Skoal?

Wow. No comment.

BrahmaMom
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
What a game! Congrats to Navasota on an outstanding game and very good athletes and the win. It took the Bulls too long to get that fire in their belly, but once they did, they looked ferocious. I hope the Brahmas learn to work and play as a team soon and hit the field ready to play to win at kick-off. If we want to go far, we must become more disciplined and play mistake-free football as a team every play of every game. That is a characteristic of championship teams. C'mon Bulls, learn from last week and prepare for this week! Sometimes a loss can play a big role in the success of a team. Go Brahmas!!

pancho villa
09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
What a game! Congrats to Navasota on an outstanding game and very good athletes and the win. It took the Bulls too long to get that fire in their belly, but once they did, they looked ferocious. I hope the Brahmas learn to work and play as a team soon and hit the field ready to play to win at kick-off. If we want to go far, we must become more disciplined and play mistake-free football as a team every play of every game. That is a characteristic of championship teams. C'mon Bulls, learn from last week and prepare for this week! Sometimes a loss can play a big role in the success of a team. Go Brahmas!!

Copenhagen or skoal?

LHS 2SONS
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom

CLASSY response BrahmaMom

Gators17
09-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Copenhagen or skoal?

Grizzly pouches actually.

MJMbrahmas10
09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
now i see why the brahma football players go out of town to pick up women

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
---