PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood score?

wyliefan
09-18-2009, 08:24 PM
nm.

BEAST
09-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Final was 34-17. Brownwood was up 34-3 and then started letting some other kids play.

BEAST

garciap77
09-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Final was 34-17. Brownwood was up 34-3 and then started letting some other kids play.

BEAST

Congrats!:clap: :clap: :clap:

wyliefan
09-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice win for the lions.

Should by a good one between Wylie and Brownwood to start district in a few weeks.

BEAST
09-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by wyliefan
Nice win for the lions.

Should by a good one between Wylie and Brownwood to start district in a few weeks.

If we can get some kids back. Everyone should be back with Graylon(QB) being the only question. The backups did great tonight but we need all the horses ready for district.

BEAST

sotex
09-18-2009, 11:14 PM
34-17 Brownwoo over "The Hill"

wow maybe the "greater than thou" attitude got an adjustment tonight

BEAST
09-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by sotex
34-17 Brownwoo over "The Hill"

wow maybe the "greater than thou" attitude got an adjustment tonight

You forgot the D. Trust me, we have a D this year.

BEAST

K-MAC Chuck
09-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
BEAST

You're kidding about "then started letting some other kids play" right??

Brownwood got all of 4 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter - and their starters were out there (unless they had their backup linemen in there). The LH defense held the Lions' O inside LH territory - 4 plays for (-4) yards.

Brownwood starters will still playing in the 4th quarter. LH outscored B-Wood, 14-0, in the second half.

Not taking ANYTHING away from the Lions. They rolled up over 300 yards of offense in the first half, totally destroyed LH, forced some key turnovers and made some big plays.

But outside of the long fumble return for a TD (which the Lions' defense caused off the LH QB), Liberty Hill owned the 2nd half. And Brownwood had its offensive starters in for all 4 of their plays of the 3rd quarter and most - if not all - of the 4th quarter.

garciap77
09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck

Brownwood got all of 4 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter - and their starters were out there (unless they had their backup linemen in there). The LH defense held the Lions' O inside LH territory - 4 plays for (-4) yards.

Brownwood starters will still playing in the 4th quarter. LH outscored B-Wood, 14-0, in the second half.

Not taking ANYTHING away from the Lions. They rolled up over 300 yards of offense in the first half, totally destroyed LH, forced some key turnovers and made some big plays.

But outside of the long fumble return for a TD (which the Lions' defense caused off the LH QB), Liberty Hill owned the 2nd half. And Brownwood had its offensive starters in for all 4 of their plays of the 3rd quarter and most - if not all - of the 4th quarter.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
09-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Not trying to be pessimistic but, owning the second half and outscoring someone 14-0 means nothing when you still lose by 17.

If you wanna beat the big boys, you gotta play 4 quarters of good football. You know that.

Rocket
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM

Brownwood owned the game. End of story. It was 34-10 for the majority of the 2nd Half. Then they scored with no time left... Had to call several time outs to get it in the endzone. We were just playing around with them like a boy does a frog. Kinda kicking at it to make it jump...LOL

hookandladder
09-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Not trying to be pessimistic but, owning the second half and outscoring someone 14-0 means nothing when you still lose by 17.

If you wanna beat the big boys, you gotta play 4 quarters of good football. You know that.

Daddy D 11, from reading your post you sound like someone that has been there done that. So many fans cannot handle it when their teams get outplayed for a half or 3 quarters and are down by 30 or 40 points. Then in the 2nd half they make a couple of stops and score a couple of trash time TD's and then they think they outplayed the other team in the second half. I guess it makes them feel good but it is what it is just an ass kickin.

hollywood
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
This is hilarious... here's what the Austin Statesman had to say about the game.

"Brownwood 34, Liberty Hill 17
Saturday, September 19, 2009

Robert Longoria scored two defensive touchdowns and added an 8-yard scoring run to trigger Brownwood (2-2) past visiting Liberty Hill (1-2). Blake Thompson scored twice on short runs for Liberty Hill."

It's Derrick not Robert and Brownwood is 3-1 not 2-2. LOL I guess Liberty Hill is like the red headed step child. There games don't get much media attention if not winning.

LH_Tuff
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
This is hilarious... here's what the Austin Statesman had to say about the game.

"Brownwood 34, Liberty Hill 17
Saturday, September 19, 2009

Robert Longoria scored two defensive touchdowns and added an 8-yard scoring run to trigger Brownwood (2-2) past visiting Liberty Hill (1-2). Blake Thompson scored twice on short runs for Liberty Hill."

It's Derrick not Robert and Brownwood is 3-1 not 2-2. LOL I guess Liberty Hill is like the red headed step child. There games don't get much media attention if not winning.

Only Westlake and Lake Travis get attention in the AAS.

Rocket
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
LH Turf... where were you? We expected to see you at the M&G? You let LHPM come all by herself? Come on man... not cool.

LH_Tuff
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
LH Turf... where were you? We expected to see you at the M&G? You let LHPM come all by herself? Come on man... not cool.

I apologize. I was not able to make the trip to BW. Had planned on going, but something came up. Third game I have missed in 7 years. I was able to listen to it though.

Maybe we will be able to try again at the regional final? ;)

Rocket
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I apologize. I was not able to make the trip to BW. Had planned on going, but something came up. Third game I have missed in 7 years. I was able to listen to it though.

Maybe we will be able to try again at the regional final? ;)

I sure hope so... If you guys are in the regional finals, that means we are gonna win state.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I think since it wasn't a district game and things weren't going there way LH threw the game :D

Rocket
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I think since it wasn't a district game and things weren't going there way LH threw the game :D

Oh yeah? they pulled all of their starters? Makes sense, it was getting awfully physical out there.

http://www.curtnew.com/images/waterboy2.jpg

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh yeah? they pulled all of their starters? Makes sense, it was getting awfully physical out there.

http://www.curtnew.com/images/waterboy2.jpg

yeah I mean i wasnt there but I heard the game was getting out of hand and the refs were losing control of the game and they were like WTH its not district lets stop playing lol....come on Rocket you know I just like to light your fuse :D

Rocket
09-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
yeah I mean i wasnt there but I heard the game was getting out of hand and the refs were losing control of the game and they were like WTH its not district lets stop playing lol....come on Rocket you know I just like to light your fuse :D

haha... I know.