PDA

View Full Version : Adverstiy brings a team closer, and if Marlin hadn't experience it early , they ....

cunbed10
11-24-2003, 09:52 AM
wouldn't be where they are now. The #3 RAnking hurt Marlin More than it helped, case in point, I have known these young men since they were kids, and I pretty much know their character, but when the first loss came against University, I had a talk with a Bulldog, and it disturb me to the point that I didn't feel we would win state, because this individual stated after the loss, "I did My Job" well he knows who he is. The season didn't get any better, but what it did do was let this young Man know that, if I do my job and we lose , well that's like I didn't do my job, so he had to learn to depend of the other 10 guys out there with him. Ennis really brounght this guy down to earth, his whole attitude changed, and now as a team leader, this guy can be seen talking to players, not down, but up lifting, and by his example, the other Dogs do well and the whole team concept is better understood. There is no I in team, but most of all you can't win if the team doesn't win. So I say to all the Bulldogs learn to trust and depend on one another, because we will have a game when we will be tested, and you have to know that the other guy will take care of his load. Marlin Bulldogs spelled with an "S" not Bulldog, But "Bulldogs"

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Good job Marlin. You did overcome a lot losing against a good Burnet and then getting whipped by Ennis. You got your running back Tank Smith back and everything's all good. Since you got momentum then nothing can really stop you yet.