PDA

View Full Version : Miami Hurricanes

turbostud
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Are looking good and could make the ACC respectable this year. They got a lot of young talent. 2 wins over ranked opponents in FSU and Georgia Tech. They play #12 Va Tech next week and then play #13 OU at home the following week. If they make it through those 2 games they could make a push for the BCS title game.

Maroon87
09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they beat OU in a few weeks.

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
I hate the Hurricanes but they sure looked tough last night

Trashman
09-18-2009, 11:15 AM
What was the deal with the broadcast crew? They were tripping all over themselves to praise the Miami quaterback. Don't get me wrong the kid was good, but they talked about him like he was the second comming of Jesus Christ. It got so bad, I changed the channel. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
What was the deal with the broadcast crew? They were tripping all over themselves to praise the Miami quaterback. Don't get me wrong the kid was good, but they talked about him like he was the second comming of Jesus Christ. It got so bad, I changed the channel. :rolleyes:

thats how i feel when I hear people talk about USC's barkley

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 11:28 AM

It's been a while since Miami had a QB the fans liked.

They hated Kirby
Most hated Kyle Wright
Robert Marve turned out to be a looser

I guess they have there hopes up that Jacory Harris can lead them back to the promise land!

cshscougar08
09-18-2009, 01:46 PM

That's how the world outside of Gainesville feels about Tebow.

coach
09-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
That's how the world outside of Gainesville feels about Tebow.

thats not true....

and espn does it for everybody....bradford mccoy tebow barkley...besides this kid is good and i would say he is a dak horse forthe heisman

M-town lobo fan
09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Canes look competive this year thats all that counts.Florida Gators should thank the Canes for the Championships & Talent they have recived in the past few years.If it wasnt for the Canes getting penalized & punished a few years back not getting to go to any bowl games.All the talented recruits wouldnt have gone to Florida and no telling how many more championships the Canes would have won.Miami is still the best college team that ever came out of Florida.They have put out more nfl players than any other school in the past several years.

IrishTex
09-18-2009, 03:44 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2009/09/500x_miami_01.jpg

Ugh!

BTownVBall3
09-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying that Miami U will win at Va Tech and then will beat OU at home without Sam Bradford.. Not sure they would even beat them with Stanford, but unlikely without. Jacory is a legitimate heisman candidate.

charlesrixey
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
given how little the canes have done in the last few years, and given how FSU and GT have been overrated for several seasons, perhaps this has more to do with strength of schedule than the Hurricanes being national title contenders.

i will wait to pass any more judgement, lol

Virginia Tech and Oklahoma are excellent teams.

turbostud
09-18-2009, 04:29 PM
The U's remaining schedule after Va Tech and OU.

Florida A&M Miami Gardens, FL TBA
10/17/09 at UCF Orlando, FL 7:30 p.m. ET
10/24/09 vs. Clemson * Miami Gardens, FL TBA
10/31/09 at Wake Forest * Winston-Salem, NC TBA
11/07/09 vs. Virginia * Miami Gardens, FL TBA
11/14/09 at North Carolina * Chapel Hill, NC TBA
11/21/09 vs. Duke * Miami Gardens, FL TBA
11/28/09 at USF

Bullaholic
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Didn't that class at Miami Northwest HS that beat SLC, all pretty well go as a group to Miami U.? Maybe that can explain some of their success this season.

Emerson1
09-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Didn't that class at Miami Northwest HS that beat SLC, all pretty well go as a group to Miami U.? Maybe that can explain some of their success this season.
I think 9 players from that senior class ended up at Miami.

The University of Miami could barely beat not even one of the top teams in Texas that year.

Old Tiger
09-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
That's how the world outside of Gainesville feels about Tebow. The only thing is Tebow is the rebirth of Christ. :D