PDA

View Full Version : Good News - High School Coach Acquitted

Heffelfinger
09-18-2009, 08:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=4482371

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Good news for the coach. Very sad for the family.

shamu85
09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
If your kid is taking Adderall or Ritalin, you really should rethink that...at least do some research on the way these drugs work. You are basically giving them a drug that is very similar to cocaine. Getting them off of these drugs is a slow and gradual process for a reason.

GreenMonster
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
You are basically giving them a drug that is very similar to cocaine. I just realized that I might have ADD. Who do I call to get me some of that Adderall stuff?

big daddy russ
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I just realized that I might have ADD. Who do I call to get me some of that Adderall stuff?
ROFL.

On another note, I hope this isn't the start of a trend. We're living more and more in a time where people look for blame wherever they can find it and are more an more unwilling to accept accidents. And this is across the board. You see it in the courtroom, at your job, and on TV.

Accidents happen, and I hope no coach ever gets the double whammy of legal issues (civil and/or criminal) and the mental burden surrounding a kid's death that was simply an accident.

lulu
09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I feel very much compassion for this family. I believe clearly It was NOT that coach's fault. Sad for both parties.:(