PDA

View Full Version : Uh/ Tt

carter08
09-18-2009, 01:04 AM
yeah, yeah. it's over a week away but who cares.

game will be the first regular season sellout in Robertson Stadium history (i think). with a win, UH basically has a clear road towards an undefeated season.

plz plz plz let me not have work so i can go to this. i will stand in line at 4am if i have to to get in free. (first 5000 UH students get in free)

GO COOGS.

sahen
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
i think UH has a good shot at beating Tech....im trying to go to this but tickets are insanely hard to get for a Coogs game unless if your willing to spend hundreds (im not)....whether or not the Coogs will go undefeated is another matter, it would be cool if they did but even with the hardest part of their schedule behind them it will be tuff to run the table....

BobcatBenny
09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Should be a fun game ... but let's get Tech's victory over the Longhorns out of the way first! :eek:

DDBooger
09-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Should be a fun game ... but let's get Tech's victory over the Longhorns out of the way first! :eek:
:crazy:

carter08
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
i'm off.

gates are at 5:30, i'm probably going to show up around 2 and get in line and hope there aren't 5500 people in front of me.

GO COOGS!

also, plz let tech whoop texas this weekend so the win looks better for the coogs.

carter08
09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
tech loss to ut gives this game less bcs weight, but still it should be an important win if UH puts everything together.

Keenum for the Heisman. because Kolb got robbed back in the day and its time a Cougar wins one.

BobcatBenny
09-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by carter08
... Keenum for the Heisman. because Kolb got robbed back in the day and its time a Cougar wins one.

Do you mean ... this time a Cougar wins another one?

You youngsters!!! :doh:

carter08
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Do you mean ... this time a Cougar wins another one?

You youngsters!!! :doh:

andre ware was too long ago to count.
xD

WHS02
09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
How the hell is osu ahead of UH in ap top 25. Houtson upset osu at osu? Anyways. Go Case and the coogs!!!

carter08
09-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
How the hell is osu ahead of UH in ap top 25. Houtson upset osu at osu? Anyways. Go Case and the coogs!!!

UH did play Northwestern State, so its hard to tell if the OKST game was a fluke or not yet.

i expect after the tech game if UH wins they'll get some more respect in the polls.

BobcatBenny
09-20-2009, 03:59 PM
The media just can't let go of their little losing darlings. Don't worry though the winner or this game probably ends up in the top 25 next week.

Go Tech!

STANG RED
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
After watching the TT defense deal McCoy and company misery from start to end last night, I think they'll dominate the UH offensive line. No way the Coogs have an O line nearly as talented as the Horns, which had their hands full with the TT defense. Thats where this game will be won. As much as I like Case Keenum, he'll be running for his life too much to put up the stats he and the coogs have become accustomed to. And I dont see Potts having this problem. He was able to put up some pretty impressive numbers against a top rated Texas D. The Houston D will be picked apart. I see TT scoring in the 50s in this game easy. So unless UH can put up 60, they dont stand a chance. I just dont see it happening. But I'll be rooting for Keenum to have a great game. But even if he does, I cant see it being enough.
TT 55
UH 35
A full contact track meet is what we have here boys. It ought to be a blast to watch.

sahen
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM
tech loss to ut gives this game less bcs weight, but still it should be an important win if UH puts everything together.

EVERY game UH plays has BCS implications for them...they have to win them all to be in the BCS

carter08
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by sahen
EVERY game UH plays has BCS implications for them...they have to win them all to be in the BCS

i know, but even if they win them all they'll need some luck, like boise state somehow losing, to get in. if Tech had beat Texas, lost to UH, and then won out, that would have given UH a case to get in over Boise.

BobcatBenny
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Right now ... teams not "lil darlins" just need to win.

Perhaps the media will pick up on the Coogs if they keep winning.

But ... Go Tech!

HEMOTOXIC
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Go COOGS!

sahen
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
i know, but even if they win them all they'll need some luck, like boise state somehow losing, to get in. if Tech had beat Texas, lost to UH, and then won out, that would have given UH a case to get in over Boise.

in my opinion if UH wins out then they will be in...of course im not the one voting so who really cares about my opinion...but going undefeated in CUSA + Ok. St., Tech, and @ Miss St. is more impressive than going undefeated in WAC + Oregon......UH has a LONG ways to go still but if they run their schedule i think the media would easily hop them over Boise, not to mention UH would have to have 13 wins to Boise's 12 since UH would get another quality opponent in the CUSA championship game if they make it that far...if the Coogs really want to make some noise they need to throttle Tulsa when they play them, this is the only common opponent between Boise and UH, i guess they dont need to throttle but it'd be best if they beat them by more than Boise does...

im hoping the Coogs do it, but its too early to tell right now, if they get by the Raiders this weekend though then they got a real shot...

jason
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
would be cool to see houston go undefeated - only thing that could stop them if they do is their crappy conference....

sahen
09-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by jason
would be cool to see houston go undefeated - only thing that could stop them if they do is their crappy conference....

wouldnt be any different than Boise going undefeated and the media all say they are a shoe-in if they go undefeated....

i just scored some tickets to the game, hopefully its a good one

BOCEPHUS
09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
HOUSTON BETTER BE PREPARED TO SCORE 50, CUZ PIRATE MIKE WILL HANG 50 ON THEM

sahen
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
HOUSTON BETTER BE PREPARED TO SCORE 50, CUZ PIRATE MIKE WILL HANG 50 ON THEM

UH can score with the best of them, the game is going to come down to which team either:

A) has the ball last
B) has the least turnovers
C) has the least crappiest defense

i think UH can win, but with Tech's performance last week it appears Tech's defense may be better than UH's defense...that could decide the game...however UH defense is kinda hard to judge since they played a nobody the first game and OSU who is considered an offensive juggernaut in their 2nd game, so who really knows what the Coogs have on that side of the field...if you go by years past though the defense has been UH's achilles heel...