PDA

View Full Version : The REAL TOP 16 TEAMS IN 3A

Old Cardinal
12-22-2002, 04:28 PM
ALphebetical order: DIVISION I (1) Atlanta (2) Bridge City (3) Burnet (4) Everman (5) Forney (6) Jasper (7) Monahans (8) Sinton DIVISION II (1) Bandara (2) Bellville (3) Daingerfield (4) LV Spring Hill (5) Marlin (6) Midland Greenwood (7) Sweetwater (8) Yoakum....These were the teams that survived via the Official Bracketing. You can guess about the 4 remaining teams to speculate as the top twenty-but these guys proved themselves ON THE GRIDIRON. These are the guys- sometimes playing with a ankle swollen and wrapped yet they found a way to WIN. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE REAL PROVEN TOP 16 TEAMS of 2002.

slpybear the bullfan
12-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Old Cardinal,

I have been enjoying all of your posts about us D/FW area folks paying off the AP voters statewide to get "our" boys "in," wink

Since you know that it is all corrupt and there isn't any logic used to pick the poll, I was wondering about some of your logic on your top 16.

Over on the Final Top 20! thread that Matthew328 put out, you replied to keith7 and told him that...

Old Cardinal
Donating Member
Member # 92
posted December 22, 2002 12:24 PM

Keith, My opinion is that Atlanta and Daingerfield should have not make the top 20, they were just not as good as a lot of others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I was wondering... how did Atlanta and Daingerfield wind up in your Top 20?

:D Just Razzin ya a little Old Card, :D

Old Cardinal
12-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Spy, I was just messing with Keith, as usual, I didn't sub in Orangefield for Gainesvill in a previous except to stir up Keith-it was a joke between Keith and myself, in both cases.

sinton66
12-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I have to agree with Old Cardinal on this one. The playoff system is the only poll that means anything at all. AND, uh-oh Slpybear! You've been HAD!!!!! :D :D :D

Old Cardinal
12-22-2002, 08:14 PM
To Spybear: I have never said any thing about "paying off" the pollsters----read again. What I said is it's a "I'll scratch your back and you scratch my back, and we will all get our All-Staters in- from our political exchange. Who cares if deserving other youth just don't get consideration." I think it is pathetic that Region III only got one Allstater and one 2nd team Allstater while some poor performance teams socked in 3 & 4 mediocere players in as All-Staters, from so-so losing squads. By the time all the trade-offs take place from, the political favor exchange, it does not leave any room for many many deserving players to be recognized. Yes, many great players on stout teams come out in the 3rd quarter, while teams that are marginal have to leave their stars in to just win. There are a lot of great passers besides Phil D. from Bridgeport, the stats came because they had no running game and had to pass even against pathetically weak teams. Some folks were babbling about some youth from Jarvis who had 27 TD's. Peebles from Bridge City had 31 TD's and did not serve as a running back over 1/3 of the time because they went so far ahead early. Thank you Spybear for allowing me to clairify that it is gross politicics and not Payoffs in money..

Matthew328
12-22-2002, 08:20 PM
Sory Old Card but the kid from Diamond Hill-Jarvis is an all-stater...everyone knew he was getting the ball and most teams still couldn't slow him down...He was the only weapon on a bad team..Peebles played for a very good team and put up good numbers...you put Vincent Tucker on a good team and the kid gets 2700 yards and 40 TD's! Even so over 2200 yards and 27 TD's isn't bad...by the way Tucker had a ridiculous line and most of those yards came on pure talent alone..

Fletch
12-23-2002, 11:15 AM
The Playoff system is good at determining the Champion, but sometimes flawed when it comes to ranking the remaining teams in the state. A weak bracket can allow an inferior team to go much farther than a better team in a tough bracket. You have to look at all factors when ranking.

Merry Christmas!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-23-2002, 11:31 AM
<small>[ December 23, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-23-2002, 11:42 AM
Old Card, the stuff about the pay offs, etc. was just some toungue in cheek humor regarding your conspiracy theory. That was pretty much the purpose of the whole post.

I guess the joke about your top 20 picks backfired on me; I didn't know from your post that it was a joke for Keith7. Alas, the dangers of humor and football :D

In previous posts I have stolen a line that came from SintonFan I think... "The only poll that matters is the one at the end of the year." I agree wholehartedly that who was on top at the end of the brackets is the only decisive thing that matters. Polls are just for fun. And as far as individual honors go, I guess we will just agree to disagree on talent across the state.

I enjoy your posts, Merry Christmas,