PDA

View Full Version : Visited Beaumont this weekend

Matthew328
02-15-2004, 09:12 PM
for the first time.....I can say the hotel I stayed in was nice..

bccards
02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Don't tell me..... you stayed at the Holiday Inn or Hilton?? right off the Interstate on the West side of Beaumont? lol

sahen
02-16-2004, 12:58 AM
bccards:
Don't tell me..... you stayed at the Holiday Inn or Hilton?? right off the Interstate on the West side of Beaumont? lolhe said nice...so im thinkin one of those....prolly the hilton....

Matthew328
02-17-2004, 12:44 PM
yeah I was at the Hilton....didn't really care much for Beaumont though....it's really hard to get a decent meal there! LOL

Cat22
02-17-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm sure if you went out to eat Saturday night you probably had to wait at least an hour to two hours. Did you get to go out anywhere in Beaumont? The Crockett St. entertainment district is cool, if you like that sort of stuff.

bccards
02-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Lol, Come on now, He's from DFW -- Crockett Street is NOTHING compared to the things he has available to do up that way, lol.

Any given Friday or Saturday night, Valentines day or not, You have at least an hour wait at most places. If you goto Cheddars, the wait can get up to 2.5 hours. WHO IN THE HECK WOULD WAIT THAT LONG?? Apparently some do. Realistically, this area doesn't offer much at all to the younger folks. This area is still living in the 19th century, lol.

Matthew328
02-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Well we tried Papadeaux and that didn't work out real well so we ended up at Joe's Crab Shack....I thought the mall was OK....the drive down was really nice though...the area between Crockett and Lumberton on Hwy 287 is absolutley gorgeous...

Wildcat81
02-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Matthew328:
Well we tried Papadeaux and that didn't work out real well so we ended up at Joe's Crab Shack....I thought the mall was OK....the drive down was really nice though...the area between Crockett and Lumberton on Hwy 287 is absolutley gorgeous...You didn't hit any deer I see on that stretch of road. :D

Matthew328
02-19-2004, 10:02 AM
No there wasn't any deer at least that I saw...of course Hwy 287 does need just a bit work south of Corrigan...it's a friggin dirt road! And 287 is a US Highway you'd think it would be paved..I know they are working on it but my goodness!

WoodvilleFan
02-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Matthew328:
No there wasn't any deer at least that I saw...of course Hwy 287 does need just a bit work south of Corrigan...it's a friggin dirt road! And 287 is a US Highway you'd think it would be paved..I know they are working on it but my goodness!The road was worse when it was paved than it is now. A couple of years ago they were working on a few bridges and they had put red lights out there. These lights were out in the middle of nowhere, about 5 miles south of Corrigan. That road has always been bad from south of Corrigan to the Tyler County county line. At least they are trying to upgrade

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Wildcat81:

Matthew328:
Well we tried Papadeaux and that didn't work out real well so we ended up at Joe's Crab Shack....I thought the mall was OK....the drive down was really nice though...the area between Crockett and Lumberton on Hwy 287 is absolutley gorgeous...You didn't hit any deer I see on that stretch of road. :D ya know... if you hit a deer in texas, you can just put it in the bed of your truck... Roadkill law says so.

Johnnypaycheck
02-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Should have eaten at Chedder's or Brad's Place...
Carraba's is also good...

spiveyrat
02-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Matthew328:
No there wasn't any deer at least that I saw...of course Hwy 287 does need just a bit work south of Corrigan...it's a friggin dirt road! And 287 is a US Highway you'd think it would be paved..I know they are working on it but my goodness!We went through that dirt road portion during my Christmas break. Did you have to wait for the little "Follow Me" truck to come escourt you? We had to wait about 15 minutes for that dang truck to get back to us. 15 minutes isn't a long time, but when you know you still have 9-10 hours of travel ahead of you, It seems like an eternity! Both times I've taken that stretch of highway to leave TX and come back to KS, I've had a delay. The time before we had to wait because there was a live powerline across the road.

JasperDog94
02-19-2004, 11:51 AM
District303aPastPlayer:
ya know... if you hit a deer in texas, you can just put it in the bed of your truck... Roadkill law says so.mmmmmmmm....roadkill...aaaaagghhhhhhhh...

Bandera YaYa
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
What about hitting a skunk!!! They are all over the place!! I see a "dead skunk in the middle of the road" every mile or so. Must be breeding time or something, cuz all of a sudden they are everywhere....dead on the road. UGH!!!!!!!!!!STINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat81
02-19-2004, 06:30 PM
When I was growing up every summer we would go to my grandmothers in Glenn Rose.We would take 287
so far then get on 67.But I haven't been there
in 24 years after my grandmother died.

noitall
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Matthew, we also stayed at the Hilton this past weekend. They had a bikers Valentine party the same weekend and from what we saw going on around the lobby it must have been some party. LOL. Anyway we ate at Papedeux but were lucky cause we got there around 4 so didn't have to wait to long but before we left I heard that there was about a 3 hour wait. Unbelievable

bccards
02-19-2004, 09:17 PM
noitall:
Matthew, we also stayed at the Hilton this past weekend. They had a bikers Valentine party the same weekend and from what we saw going on around the lobby it must have been some party. LOL. Anyway we ate at Papedeux but were lucky cause we got there around 4 so didn't have to wait to long but before we left I heard that there was about a 3 hour wait. Unbelievablelol, that's because this area blows. Not enough restaurants and too many people eat out in our area on a dailiy basis. if Orange County would get good places to eat, it'd be much easier, because i'm sure that at least 45% of the people at restaurants in Beaumont are from Orange County. Maybe someday we'll be a metropolis with things to do, places to eat, and just an all out fun place to live.. But hey, at least Galveston is getting a Schlitterbahn!

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

sahen
02-20-2004, 12:08 AM
bccards:

noitall:
Matthew, we also stayed at the Hilton this past weekend. They had a bikers Valentine party the same weekend and from what we saw going on around the lobby it must have been some party. LOL. Anyway we ate at Papedeux but were lucky cause we got there around 4 so didn't have to wait to long but before we left I heard that there was about a 3 hour wait. Unbelievablelol, that's because this area blows. Not enough restaurants and too many people eat out in our area on a dailiy basis. if Orange County would get good places to eat, it'd be much easier, because i'm sure that at least 45% of the people at restaurants in Beaumont are from Orange County. Maybe someday we'll be a metropolis with things to do, places to eat, and just an all out fun place to live.. But hey, at least Galveston is getting a Schlitterbahn!really???? i didnt know that!....when they gonna build it?

pakrat
02-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Not enough restaurants and too many people eat out in our area on a dailiy basis. if Orange County would get good places to eat, it'd be much easier, because i'm sure that at least 45% of the people at restaurants in Beaumont are from Orange County. What about Tuffy's in Mauriceville. Seems like good food to me. Love their pies.

Matthew328
02-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Yeah I saw the biker convention or whatever else they had goin on at the Hilton...and we tried going to Papadeaux but the 3 hour wait was a little too long...so we settled for the 45 minute wait at Joes

bccards
02-23-2004, 04:11 PM
sahen:

bccards:

noitall:
Matthew, we also stayed at the Hilton this past weekend. They had a bikers Valentine party the same weekend and from what we saw going on around the lobby it must have been some party. LOL. Anyway we ate at Papedeux but were lucky cause we got there around 4 so didn't have to wait to long but before we left I heard that there was about a 3 hour wait. Unbelievablelol, that's because this area blows. Not enough restaurants and too many people eat out in our area on a dailiy basis. if Orange County would get good places to eat, it'd be much easier, because i'm sure that at least 45% of the people at restaurants in Beaumont are from Orange County. Maybe someday we'll be a metropolis with things to do, places to eat, and just an all out fun place to live.. But hey, at least Galveston is getting a Schlitterbahn!really???? i didnt know that!....when they gonna build it?They say Opening Day for it should be on or before May 1, 2005. I think it's going to be built over towards Moody Gardens is. but im not too sure.. I'm excited about that!

PPHSfan
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Did you know that HWY 287 starts in Beaumont and goes all the way to the Canadian border?

JasperDog94
02-23-2004, 04:27 PM
bccards:
But hey, at least Galveston is getting a Schlitterbahn!One hurricane will wipe that out... frown

j_dog
02-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Matthew328:
yeah I was at the Hilton....didn't really care much for Beaumont though....it's really hard to get a decent meal there! LOLwhatever happened to Don's Seafood, and the crawfish etoufee ?? I have driven at times over 300 miles just to eat there. :D

sahen
02-24-2004, 02:17 AM
bccards:

sahen:

bccards:

noitall:
Matthew, we also stayed at the Hilton this past weekend. They had a bikers Valentine party the same weekend and from what we saw going on around the lobby it must have been some party. LOL. Anyway we ate at Papedeux but were lucky cause we got there around 4 so didn't have to wait to long but before we left I heard that there was about a 3 hour wait. Unbelievablelol, that's because this area blows. Not enough restaurants and too many people eat out in our area on a dailiy basis. if Orange County would get good places to eat, it'd be much easier, because i'm sure that at least 45% of the people at restaurants in Beaumont are from Orange County. Maybe someday we'll be a metropolis with things to do, places to eat, and just an all out fun place to live.. But hey, at least Galveston is getting a Schlitterbahn!really???? i didnt know that!....when they gonna build it?They say Opening Day for it should be on or before May 1, 2005. I think it's going to be built over towards Moody Gardens is. but im not too sure.. I'm excited about that!me too!..thats awesome, i'll have to go visit that next summer!

Old Cardinal
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Esther's under the Rainbow and Veterans Memorial Bridges on the Neches River is starting to draw tourist at a pretty good rate. The noon seafood meals are really outstanding for the price....Matt, did you get to see the Ford Field 12 field Softball complex out at the Beaumont Entertainment Complex- a little west of town on IH-10. It's a first class stadium complex and the 27 girls HS softball teams really enjoyed playing there this weekend.

Matthew328
02-24-2004, 04:47 PM
No I didn't get to see that....furthest west we went on I-10 was Papadeueux's....saw most of the rest of town though...I was pretty much confined to doing what my g/f wanted to do, which was mostly go to the wedding, and visit with her freinds that live there..since my g/f is a Lamar U. grad she still has lots of people from down there..I also got to travel up to Colmesneil which is where she is from..