PDA

View Full Version : sitting at the red light minding my own buisness when......

lostaussie
09-17-2009, 12:39 PM
WHAM.............excuse me you stupid lady while I pick up my freakin bumper. Sorry sir...........I must have dozed off:doh:. Say what.............you freakin dozed off and bout put my neck in the back seat..........jeez. Ok i feel better now!!

Bullaholic
09-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
WHAM.............excuse me you stupid lady while I pick up my freakin bumper. Sorry sir...........I must have dozed off:doh:. Say what.............you freakin dozed off and bout put my neck in the back seat..........jeez. Ok i feel better now!!

As she exits her car talking on her cell phone she says to you with her ear still up to the phone--"Can I call you later and exchange information. I really need to run now---I am late for my hair appointment and pedicure." :D

SintonFan
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate it when that happens.:doh:
Thank goodness it's only happened once to me. The lady who hit me must have dozed off with a phone glued to her ear.

crzyjournalist03
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry to hear.

Guess it brings a whole new meaning to "Wham, Bam, thank you ma'am!"

SWMustang
09-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Where did this happen - In Gilmer? We have a name for people who fall asleep driving here in Houston - a corpse.

poisoned10
09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Try driving in Tyler on a daily basis. Nearly every day someone is doing something stupid and comes close to hitting me.

Stupid Tyler drivers. KLTV even did a story about how terrible drivers in Tyler are.

lulu
09-18-2009, 12:13 AM
They are indeed. I love to shop there but you put your life in jeporady over there. CRAAAAZZZZY!

lostaussie
09-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Where did this happen - In Gilmer? We have a name for people who fall asleep driving here in Houston - a corpse. in longview on mccann road. little sore this morning but i'll play hurt and make it to the game tonight:D

GrTigers6
09-18-2009, 06:36 AM
That happened to me in Lubbock. we stopped at a light and BAM knocked us forward about 15-20 feet. totaled the sante fe we had. $6500 damage. The guy said i didnt realize you had stopped. His skid marks were only 4 feet long. Speed limit was 55 so thats how hard he hit us.

Ranger Mom
09-18-2009, 07:13 AM

I'm glad you are okay!! For some reason your post reminded me of that guy who was sitting at that red light and was leaving a message when he witnessed a wreck or something...and those 4 old ladies got out of the car and confronted the guy....that was hilarious!

You used to be able to listen to it online, but all the links I found now had to be downloaded.

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
in longview on mccann road. little sore this morning but i'll play hurt and make it to the game tonight:D

glad you're OK - the scary part of being rear-ended (ok you'll stop laughing, I know there's a joke there) Is sometimes the impact pushes you into the incoming traffic, where things can REALLY go bad. Thank goodness you're OK :)

waterboy
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
in longview on mccann road. little sore this morning but i'll play hurt and make it to the game tonight:D
:thinking: Good excuse for skipping work.......hmmm.....:thinking: I guess we'll be seeing you at the game tonight, though..;) Don't worry, I won't tell...:D

I've been whip-lashed twice. Once by a lady doing about 60-65 MPH while I was sitting almost at a dead stop.:eek: OUCH! The other time was in Gladewater on my way to work. A probation officer rear-ended me because some idiot (oops, not calling anyone on here that :D ) stopped suddenly in front of a line of cars to turn. That didn't hurt nearly as bad as the first, though. He was probably doing about 25-30 when he hit me, while I was at a dead stop. I didn't miss any work because of it, but it spilled coffee all over my cloth seats!:mad: I made the insurance company pay for a detail job on my truck, though, along with fixing some other stuff that needed fixing. They didn't want to, but I told him they were or I would sue. They changed their tune then.;)

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM

Glad you are okay. I've only been involved in one wreck (knock on wood) my entire life and it was almost the same deal. I was at a stoplight and the next thing I know the car I'm in is a tuna can!

Stupid woman wasn't paying attention and was on her phone. This was back in '92 and I remember thinking, "you're on WHAT phone?" haha

Anyway, I was pretty peeved because I got a ticket for not having my address up to date. Stupid. :rolleyes:

The car was totalled and I ended up in the ER hours after the fact with a sore neck & back.

To this day, I cringe when I'm stopped in traffic and see cars bearing down on me. I guess this is mental anguish? LOL

crzyjournalist03
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Judging from some of the stories that have been shared on this thread, I think we can all come to the agreement that there is a logical solution: Women should not drive.

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Judging from some of the stories that have been shared on this thread, I think we can all come to the agreement that there is a logical solution: Women should not drive. :tongue:

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Judging from some of the stories that have been shared on this thread, I think we can all come to the agreement that there is a logical solution: Women should not drive.

hey crzy - I found a place for you to put the unicorn's horn :D :D :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
09-18-2009, 10:49 AM

I have 4 boys and 1 girl. Out of all of them, my daughter and my youngest son have never had a wreck. The other 3 boys have, and the oldest has flipped 2 vehicles.

Out of the 5, my daughter is the only one who has never had a ticket.

:thinking: :thinking:

Out of the 7 people in my family.....5 boys and 2 girls......we are the only 2 that have NEVER had anything on our driving record!!:tongue: :tongue:

lulu
09-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Honey my girls wrecked everything they touched.
Got our insurance cancelled by time they were 17.

When my oldest was 19 she was paying more for insurance than her car payment.
What a nightmare.

Ranger Mom
09-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Honey my girls wrecked everything they touched.
Got our insurance cancelled by time they were 17.

When my oldest was 19 she was paying more for insurance than her car payment.
What a nightmare.

So I guess the moral to this story is......don't have more than one daughter!!!:p :p

lulu
09-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So I guess the moral to this story is......don't have more than one daughter!!!:p :p

That would be my advise. They're 40 and 37 and still worrying the crap out of me.

SintonFan
09-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have 4 boys and 1 girl. Out of all of them, my daughter and my youngest son have never had a wreck. The other 3 boys have, and the oldest has flipped 2 vehicles.

Out of the 5, my daughter is the only one who has never had a ticket.

:thinking: :thinking:

Out of the 7 people in my family.....5 boys and 2 girls......we are the only 2 that have NEVER had anything on our driving record!!:tongue: :tongue:
I might be able to prove this:
You have a ration of 80% boys to 20% girls.
On your second sentense... this stat is neutral. Neither a girl or a boy has had a wreck.
The other 3 boys have probably had women hit their vehicles and the one that flipped 2 vehicles was most likely watching women when he flipped the vehicles.
Out of the five, there is a good chance your daughter was driven around more often by boys than she drove herself.:D
j/k K :)

Old Green
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Judging from some of the stories that have been shared on this thread, I think we can all come to the agreement that there is a logical solution: Women should not drive. How about cellphones that don't work while the car is in motion.