PDA

View Full Version : Cuero...Southwest Texas Excellence

Bullaholic
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
WOS87 has done a marvelous job of documenting each team's game history as well as play-off appearances. In reviewing, I think Cuero is one of those very special teams whose considerable record of state final game appearances is outstanding and worthy of note. 3, 3A State Championships and 10 State Final Appearances. What has made Cuero so successful over these many years and such a standout in their Region?

Cuero 3A State Final Appearances/Results:

1970- Brownwood 14 Cuero 0
1973- State Champ-Cuero 21 Mt. Pleasant 7
1974- State Champ-Cuero 19 Gainesville 7
1975- Ennis 13 Cuero 10
1985- Daingerfield 47 Cuero 22
1986- Jefferson 24 Cuero 0
1987- State Champ- Cuero 14 McGregor 6
1993- Southlake Carroll 14 Cuero 6
1998- DI Aledo 14 Cuero 7
2004- DI Abilene Wylie 17 Cuero 14

Hats off and this one is for you, Gobblers.....

onsideanytime
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
GENETICS

IHStangFan
09-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Very impressive. Cuero has always been a quality program. :clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Very nice - isn't it southeast texas, though?

Milk That Cow
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Cuero Is A Great Team with Outstanding Tradition...

But, you have to realize it all happened in Region 4, where it's easier to have playoff success and stay healthy...

If they had the good fortune in being Region 3 their record wouldn't be the same...

but, that's just my humble opinion...

Daddy D 11
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
SouthEAST Texas Excellence.

Bullaholic
09-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
SouthEAST Texas Excellence.

I was thinking Cuero was SW of San Antonio, but I was wrong...it is SE.

AAA87
09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
One of my brothers or myself have been a part of 7 of those games with 3 wins......

BreckTxLonghorn
09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

If it makes you feel better, I just thought I was wrong and had to Google Map it to verify!

Footballhudini
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

But, you have to realize it all happened in Region 4, where it's easier to have playoff success and stay healthy...

If they had the good fortune in being Region 3 their record wouldn't be the same...

this sounds a lot like 'the celina theory' a few weeks back

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
this sounds a lot like 'the celina theory' a few weeks back Same song different region.:doh:

44INAROW
09-17-2009, 02:33 PM

and you know all this because?? still have that chip on your shoulder? Why not contribute something positive, just once? :hand:

Maroon87
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Cuero is between S.A. and Victoria, if that helps.:nerd:

44INAROW
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM

Cuero is 80 miles east of San Antonio
Cuero is 90 miles south of Austin
Cuero is 120 miles west of Houston
Cuero is 85 miles north of Corpus Christi
Cuero is 45 miles south of IH 10

I am not sure what we're considered - Coastal Bend area, South Texas?? Kinda just "here" :D

Milk That Cow
09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and you know all this because?? still have that chip on your shoulder? Why not contribute something positive, just once? :hand:

"Cuero Is A Great Team with Outstanding Tradition..."

That's Not Positive???

ronwx5x
09-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Cuero is 80 miles east of San Antonio
Cuero is 90 miles south of Austin
Cuero is 120 miles west of Houston
Cuero is 85 miles north of Corpus Christi
Cuero is 45 miles south of IH 10

I am not sure what we're considered - Coastal Bend area, South Texas?? Kinda just "here" :D

"Nowhere?":cool:

44INAROW
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM

"Cuero Is A Great Team with Outstanding Tradition..."

That's Not Positive???

without

it would be - forgive me if I am mistaken, but it sure looks like a back-handed compliment to me..

Boomer
09-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Great job Cuero! There's always somebody that's going to say how weak region 4 is. We have a good program thats always putting out outstanding players. This years team is no different.

Lets just congratulate Cuero without all the other talk! It does say "Cuero...Southeast Texas Excellence." I do believe that Reg. 4.

CueroDad08
09-17-2009, 04:51 PM

We always get to here about these 1 or 2 year wonders that come alone from other Regions. I think this post was about the Tradition and the Success of one team year in and year out. There is ONLY a handfull from the whole state that can match the numbers Cuero has put up. A class town that supports a class team each and every year. I am sure there are teams that come up each year that are better, and there fans jump on board with no problems, But were are they when they go years without success?

Cowboy_Up
09-17-2009, 05:15 PM
There is two things I know about Cuero football.

First, they play to win because they've always played to win. They know what they are doing and even though they've had a bulls eye on them for decades, they fight off all contenders time after time. They are an outstanding HS football program.

Second, if you don't believe me, just ask a Cuero fan, they'll tell you all about it!

Pudlugger
09-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Eat lots of turkey. High protein low fat great energy and body building food. Go Gobblers!:D

44INAROW
09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Eat lots of turkey. High protein low fat great energy and body building food. Go Gobblers!:D

Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
There is two things I know about Cuero football.

First, they play to win because they've always played to win. They know what they are doing and even though they've had a bulls eye on them for decades, they fight off all contenders time after time. They are an outstanding HS football program.

Second, if you don't believe me, just ask a Cuero fan, they'll tell you all about it!

Nice comments guys! I laughed when I read Pud's comment.. you know what we had a Booster Club last night? Fried Turkey :D We ain''t skeered.. :p

Old Green
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
WOS87 has done a marvelous job of documenting each team's game history as well as play-off appearances. In reviewing, I think Cuero is one of those very special teams whose considerable record of state final game appearances is outstanding and worthy of note. 3, 3A State Championships and 10 State Final Appearances. What has made Cuero so successful over these many years and such a standout in their Region?

Cuero 3A State Final Appearances/Results:

1970- Brownwood 14 Cuero 0
1973- State Champ-Cuero 21 Mt. Pleasant 7
1974- State Champ-Cuero 19 Gainesville 7
1975- Ennis 13 Cuero 0
1985- Daingerfield 47 Cuero 22
1986- Jefferson 24 Cuero 0
1987- State Champ- Cuero 14 McGregor 6
1993- Southlake Carroll 14 Cuero 6
1998- DI Aledo 14 Cuero 7
2004- DI Abilene Wylie 17 Cuero 14

Hats off and this one is for you, Gobblers..... The state final appearances Cuero had in 1970, 73, 74, & 75 were in the old Calss 3A classification that is now 4A. i have a funny story about the 1975 game.

sinton66
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM

Uhm, if they've made the FINALS 10 times, don't you think they went THROUGH Region 3 a few times?:doh:

29-3aFAN
09-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uhm, if they've made the FINALS 10 times, don't you think they went THROUGH Region 3 a few times?:doh:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2009, 02:31 AM
1987 was a gift from the Refs in Semi-final in Austin.
Yes, Straights "non-fumble" is still a bad taste...

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Uhm, if they've made the FINALS 10 times, don't you think they went THROUGH Region 3 a few times?:doh: Well, that's cause they are IN region IV and breeze right through and those poor tough region III teams have had to battle week in & week out and gosh darn it, they were just too tired & beat up by the time they got to the semi's that it was like taking candy from a baby for Cuero!

;)

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, that's cause they are IN region IV and breeze right through and those poor tough region III teams have had to battle week in & week out and gosh darn it, they were just too tired & beat up by the time they got to the semi's that it was like taking candy from a baby for Cuero!

;)

and don't forget about those "gift - non-fumbles" :p

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 10:09 AM
and don't forget about those "gift - non-fumbles" :p right and I'm sure the officials had a hand in it too!