PDA

View Full Version : Massey Ratings

lange4
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I just want to know how this works.
Example
Taylor is ranked #59 in this weeks rankings.
Llano is ranked#81.
Llano is predicted to win the game by 2 points.
I am not saying I disagree with thier prediction, but, how do they come by it given the rankings.

WOS87
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
His overall rankings are based on if all games were played in neutral sites as home field advantage generally cancels itself out throughout a season.

He does factor in home field advantage into his individual game predictions though so I would assume that he has Llano as the favorite given that the game will be played in Llano.

rockdale80
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Taylor is going to thump Llano. ;)

lange4
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
That is correct that the game will be played in Llano.
But as you state last week Llano played in Bandera, We were only ranked 2 spots apart, Llano on top, and they favered Llano by 2. I just find this weeks predictions strange.

lange4
09-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Think again Rockdale80. Yall have1 of the best defensive fronts I think I have ever seen in a 3a team. Congrats on your other 2 V's. Llano has been bit by the injury bug, 5 starters out since last scrimage, including 6-4 295 lineman that I would have loved to see take on your man#77. Your LB the Soph, is going to be a super player. I am not stating that if we were healthy we would have of won, but it would of been a better game. What happened to your offense.Our D is not that bad, but yall quit scoring points.

rockdale80
09-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by lange4
Think again Rockdale80. Yall have1 of the best defensive fronts I think I have ever seen in a 3a team. Congrats on your other 2 V's. Llano has been bit by the injury bug, 5 starters out since last scrimage, including 6-4 295 lineman that I would have loved to see take on your man#77. Your LB the Soph, is going to be a super player. I am not stating that if we were healthy we would have of won, but it would of been a better game. What happened to your offense.Our D is not that bad, but yall quit scoring points.

I am just messing with you. Did you not see the smiley face?

Regarding Rockdale I couldnt tell you. I know Lampasas stepped up and Rockdale played flat and Marlin was played in some pretty terrible weather conditions. A sloppy, wet, raining night will put a damper on a passing team.

Good luck Friday.

lange4
09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I did miss the smiley face. Good Luck on the rest of your season. The offense will come around again, but that Defense of yours will keep you in all the ball games.

rockdale80
09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Sorry, I did miss the smiley face. Good Luck on the rest of your season. The offense will come around again, but that Defense of yours will keep you in all the ball games.

No worries. Our defense has looked good. The starting 11 have only given up a handful of points and I hope it stays that way, but only time will tell. Rockdale has a good starting line up but no depth. They are only a few injuries away from a drastic decline in talent.

lange4
09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
You state the obvious. All of us small 3a schools are in the same position. No depth. We are lucky if the sub is half as good. I do not want that to sound bad because I respect any Athelete that goes out and competes for any team.

rockdale80
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
You state the obvious. All of us small 3a schools are in the same position. No depth. We are lucky if the sub is half as good. I do not want that to sound bad because I respect any Athelete that goes out and competes for any team.

Exactly. I am not taking anything away from the backups at all. It is hard to compete with a guy that is 6'5'' 300lbs when that is not an average size is all. The starting lineup is huge. Rockdale has 3-4 receivers over 6'2''.

lange4
09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, you are not saying it all. They are 6-4 300# and can move.