PDA

View Full Version : What Can You Tell Us About These Reg. I Teams?

Bullaholic
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
The following Reg I teams may not be in the playoffs each year, or any year, but what can anyone tell us about some of them. There is always a story associated with every team, and usually at least one fan or two and I enjoy hearing about some of the teams we never hear from.

1-3A Borger, Dalhart, Levelland
3-3A Brownfield
4-3A All of em'
7-3A Whitney, Gatesville
8-3A Canyon Lake, Tom Moore

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Whitney is supposed to be a lot better off than they were last year when they were 0-10. Several move ins that have made a big impact.

Gatesville is the big question mark. Played Mexia even up for a while but eventually lost by 10 then they beat Cameron in Week 1. They have the largest school enrollment in the District and have lots of kids. Always a tough nut to crack.

pirate4state
09-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Tom Moore should not play football.

trojan37
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Gatesville is the big question mark. Played Mexia even up for a while but eventually lost by 10 then they beat Cameron in Week 1.

Mexia beat Gatesville by 22, not 10.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
brownfield has a lack of ath this year from what everyone is saying. they have graduated a lot of their real good talent and waiting for another wave of kids. lamesa might have a chance of beating them and andrews if that tells you something!

Pick6
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Tom Moore should not play football.

You big ol'meanie.

It is true though...lol

95mustang
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
brownfield has a lack of ath this year from what everyone is saying. they have graduated a lot of their real good talent and waiting for another wave of kids. lamesa might have a chance of beating them and andrews if that tells you something!

Tells me the district might be a little weak this year is what it tells me. Don't get me wrong. I think there are a good team or two in the district just overall not very strong.

jockcity33
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
district 4 is very weak, with 4 teams from just outside of El Paso. Pecos and Fort Stockton should decide the distict championship in the first week of district. Tornillo is 3-0 right now though.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Tells me the district might be a little weak this year is what it tells me. Don't get me wrong. I think there are a good team or two in the district just overall not very strong.

Not at all! But it may can change by district

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The following Reg I teams may not be in the playoffs each year, or any year, but what can anyone tell us about some of them. There is always a story associated with every team, and usually at least one fan or two and I enjoy hearing about some of the teams we never hear from.

1-3A Borger, Dalhart, Levelland
3-3A Brownfield
4-3A All of em'
7-3A Whitney, Gatesville
8-3A Canyon Lake, Tom Moore

They are bad?

clhsdad
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
This is our second year as varisty and first with a senior class. We have improved defensively this year and hopefully we can add a running game that will greatly improve the offense. We have some talented players, and a great coaching staff.

We will still take some lumps this year but will improve with each game. Who knows we might even win 4-5 games this year.

Playoffs are a long way off however we will get a break next year when the districts change, unless we move up to 4a. I think we will see at least 1 more round in 3a though.

Old Dog
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Tom Moore is hard to figure. They seem to have no community backing. It appears to be a bedroom city for San Antonio yuppies now a days. They had a really decent guy take over a couple of years ago coming from a good program at S A Reagan. He finally gave up and left, taking over a Jr.Hi program near Houston.

Old Tiger
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
All the west Texas teams in region I are slow....Snyder sucks :D

garciap77
09-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

This is from all the west Texas teams in region I:
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/massmoon.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/massmoon.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/massmoon.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

:D

;)

DaHop72
09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
are slow....Snyder sucks :D That's right Cas...., I mean Old Tiger. Snyder is slow, doesn't have a running game, can't pass the football, has no talent on the team. I'm glad you have the foresite to have seen this from Rockdale. I have been to all three games and I just don't know how they are 2-1 after watching them play.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lange4
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
We are in the disrict with Ingram. A few years back they were solid in about all their sports. I do not know what happened but they dropped off the face of sports in all areas. They wre strong in cross country, Gone. Strong in girls basketball, Gone. It is not just a football thing. It is across the board sports. The surrounding area is sports strong. So lets here why something like this happens in a community.

Old Tiger
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's right Cas...., I mean Old Tiger. Snyder is slow, doesn't have a running game, can't pass the football, has no talent on the team. I'm glad you have the foresite to have seen this from Rockdale. I have been to all three games and I just don't know how they are 2-1 after watching them play.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Easy when the teams your scheduling only field 6 players ;) lol

Rabid Cougar
09-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Mexia beat Gatesville by 22, not 10.

I stand corrected. They are still the dark horse in District 7.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM

you dont know anything bout snyder boss for all we know...YOU SUCK!

Old Tiger
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
you dont know anything bout snyder boss for all we know...YOU SUCK! No it is a proven fact that Snyder does suck. It is not proven that I suck.

Facts speak for themselves.