PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Park Thursday night

eye of the tiger
07-02-2003, 12:04 AM
A bit off topic but I wanted to let anybody that happens to be at Lone Star Park for the races Thursday night that I have a horse running in the 7th race. A 4 year old filly named Queen's Wager. She is 5-2 morning line and I think she has a decent chance to win. We claimed her a while back and this will be the first time she runs for us, so keep your fingers crossed for me and my group. See you in the winners circle. :D

sinton66
07-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Cool, good luck eye of the tiger. Let us know how it turns out! :)

Bandera YaYa
07-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Yeah, break a leg!!! (..that's good luck, right??) Ya Ya !!

PPHSfan
07-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Good Luck EOTT.

Yall keep a close eye on MY Horse in the 7th race as well. He is a 4 year old gelding that just loves to run. His name is "Hoof Hearted".

<small>[ July 02, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

eye of the tiger
07-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. Ill share a pic from th winners circle. (I hope)

eye of the tiger
07-02-2003, 11:11 PM
PPHSfan:
Good Luck EOTT.

Yall keep a close eye on MY Horse in the 7th race as well. He is a 4 year old gelding that just loves to run. His name is "Hoof Hearted".I would love to hear the track announcer to deal with that name.

PPHSfan
07-03-2003, 10:49 AM
....And coming around the back stretch, it's Queens wager by three lengths, next is Peppy Sandbagger in front of....Hoof Hearted?.....

Rabbit'93
07-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Good Luck EOTT.

fwisd
07-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Good luck Tiger!! Didn't know we had any horsemen on here or I would have shared this story earlier - you will appreciate it. My family raised running Quarter Horses back before horse racing or should I say - parimutuel wagering - was even legal in Texas. So, I grew up going to the tracks and loving the horse races - Quarter or Thoroughbred. Rodeoed all thru junior rodeo, high school and until my son started playing sports - need some running blood in those barrel horses ya know. Currently own a Thoroughbred mare that was off the tracks and my son's bulldogging horse is about 3/4 Thoroughbred. So - we still enjoy going to the races, etc. etc. Went to the Jockey challenge at Lone Star Park a few weeks ago. For those who aren't up on this event - the top Thoroughbred jockeys in the nation are here and they ride in 4 races. The champion is named based on points earned according to placings in the races. Well - I had my jockeys picked out - Jose Santos, Edgar Prado adn Shane Sellers. Bet on them - $2 to win, place or show and boxed it. Do you see what a dummy I was. Trifecta NEVER entered my brain - sure, I won $61 - had I bet them in a trifecta - would have been $2,570!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, well - never had it anyway! LOL