PDA

View Full Version : Prosper vs. (4a) Frisco High

Prosper23
09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm tired of hearing how Prosper's offense can't get anything going. First they have scored more than 20 points in every game so they are still a threat on offense. Each game they have become better and better and each game they are always just a step away from breaking off a 40 or 60 yard touchdown. I'd would watch out for Prosper's offense this week against Frisco High, this is the week they will put all their weapons together and get the ball moving. Look for them to score alot against Frisco!

40-7 Prosper!

bowleghorses
09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Do you think they can score on Prosper?;)

orange machine
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Prosper23
I'm tired of hearing how Prosper's offense can't get anything going. First they have scored more than 20 points in every game so they are still a threat on offense. Each game they have become better and better and each game they are always just a step away from breaking off a 40 or 60 yard touchdown. I'd would watch out for Prosper's offense this week against Frisco High, this is the week they will put all their weapons together and get the ball moving. Look for them to score alot against Frisco!

40-7 Prosper!

If you dont like it dont read it newbie its a pretty simple problem to fix.

bowleghorses
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
He does have a point. Prosper's O will come around.

orange machine
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Prospers offense will be nothing like it was last season without Nix!

bowleghorses
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
A team with 1 good player is a beat team!!!!!! Prosper didn't get beat much last year.:hand:

orange machine
09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Well Nix made the offense go he was a field general. Thats like the the Patriots losing Tom Brady last year you saw where they ended up.

Prosper23
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Do you think they can score on Prosper?;)

I'm giving Frisco the benefit of the doubt on that one.

And Nix was not the whole team last year. This years quarterback is a better runner than nix and reads the option better. imo.

MN95
09-15-2009, 11:11 PM

40-7 Prosper!

If I recall correctly, Prosper has had defensive or special teams TD's in each of the last 2 games, correct? So their point totals aren't all because of the offense. Maybe that's why there are questions?

MN95
09-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm tired of hearing how Prosper's offense can't get anything going. Each game they have become better and better

Not sure about this statement.

First game 35 points and 384 yards
Second game 20 points and 378 yards
Third game 17 points and 222 yards

I realize your competition got better in each game, but those numbers are trending down, not up.

orange machine
09-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm giving Frisco the benefit of the doubt on that one.

And Nix was not the whole team last year. This years quarterback is a better runner than nix and reads the option better. imo.

I agree Nix was not the whole team, but without Nix Prosper does not win a title much less make it deep into the playoffs. The new qb may be a good qb, but he is not and will not be as good as Hunter Nix.

Twirling Time
09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
If Bridgeport couldn't score on Prosper, there's no way Frisco will unless Prosper puts in the deep scrubs late. Frisco is awful, no nice way to put it. They've lost 14 games in a row and would struggle to win games in a 3A district this year. They're the poster child for spreading your football talent too thin across four schools (soon to be six).

orange machine
09-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Prosper may be a great team this year, but until they play somebody i have a hard time believing they are any where close to being the team they were last year. Every team they have played this year has a has a losing record. Time will tell how good the offesne and defense truly are.

gatordaze
09-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I agree Nix was not the whole team, but without Nix Prosper does not win a title much less make it deep into the playoffs. The new qb may be a good qb, but he is not and will not be as good as Hunter Nix.

Prosper had a awesome Oline last year. If they miss anything it is those 5 Senoirs. Frisco could'nt score against a strong wind! Prosper is playing in their 4th regular season scrimmage this week

Pick6
09-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Prosper is playing in their 4th regular season scrimmage this week

I guess Prosper is playing Celina's schedule from years past. Up until a few years ago Celina would schedule the easiest non-district schedule in the state.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Their schedule looks almost like it did last year (first 4 games) and just think, they won it all. I'm gunna start planning my november and december trips for friday nights. Last year I drove 1800 miles in a week.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 08:08 AM
I guess Celina should just hang it up for the rest of the year since Worrell got hurt?:doh:

gatordaze
09-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I guess Prosper is playing Celina's schedule from years past. Up until a few years ago Celina would schedule the easiest non-district schedule in the state.

Maybe, see what the alternative has brought us the past 2 seasons. I am all for it. A 16 game season is a long one to have a battle royal every week!

turbostud
09-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
If Bridgeport couldn't score on Prosper, there's no way Frisco will unless Prosper puts in the deep scrubs late. Frisco is awful, no nice way to put it. They've lost 14 games in a row and would struggle to win games in a 3A district this year. They're the poster child for spreading your football talent too thin across four schools (soon to be six).

Are all the Frisco schools like that or just High?

MN95
09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I guess Celina should just hang it up for the rest of the year since Worrell got hurt?:doh:

Who said that?

rholl
09-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Prospers offense cant get anything going.

gatordaze
09-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Are all the Frisco schools like that or just High?

Centennial is doing pretty well. We lived there for 12 years before moving to Celina. My biggest complaint from an athletic perpspective with their decision not to exceed 4A is that they kept rezoning and splitting off schools. I doubt that in the past 8-9 years that there has been a group of kids play together throughout their high school career. Imaging a third of your team moving out each year or two!

turbostud
09-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Centennial is doing pretty well. We lived there for 12 years before moving to Celina. My biggest complaint from an athletic perpspective with their decision not to exceed 4A is that they kept rezoning and splitting off schools. I doubt that in the past 8-9 years that there has been a group of kids play together throughout their high school career. Imaging a third of your team moving out each year or two!

Wow. We splint into 2 schools around 2002 and promplty went 0-10. It took about 2 years to recover. I cant imagine what its like at Frisco if they keep doing that.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
That would be me...
Just trying to get ya'll to look at it from a different perspective. I'm sure Celina will be just fine if the QB doesn't come back because they have more than 1 good player.

Fridayfanatic
09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
If I remember the title game correctly, nix wasn't much of a factor. Defense and special teams handed the ball to the offense inside the 20 twice and they only took 10 points from it. The one extended drive included 0 runs by nix and o passes. Offense with nix got us there, defense and o-line won it.

As far as this year, offensive line needs a lot of work. Everything else is upgraded or very nearly the same talent level as last year. The new qb would have started for most other schools his junior year. All he lacks is experience, but that's what preseason is for.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
If I remember the title game correctly, nix wasn't much of a factor. Defense and special teams handed the ball to the offense inside the 20 twice and they only took 10 points from it. The one extended drive included 0 runs by nix and o passes. Offense with nix got us there, defense and o-line won it.

As far as this year, offensive line needs a lot of work. Everything else is upgraded or very nearly the same talent level as last year. The new qb would have started for most other schools his junior year. All he lacks is experience, but that's what preseason is for.

Give them time and they will come around, but for now if they keep winning...all is good.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bowleghorses
[B]If I remember the title game correctly, nix wasn't much of a factor. Defense and special teams handed the ball to the offense inside the 20 twice and they only took 10 points from it. The one extended drive included 0 runs by nix and o passes. Offense with nix got us there, defense and o-line won it.

Give them time and they will come around, but for now if they keep winning...all is good.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
What the heck????????????????????

turbostud
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
:D :clap: