PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick which game to take my kid to this Friday..

Diocletian
09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Every year I take my son to a HS game to see if he's excited enough about football to sign him up for the Pop leagues....he turned 7 last Summer

I'm debating the following games this Friday..

1. Rockport @ Ingleside
2. Ray @ Robstown
3. Los Fresnos @ Calallen

I'm also considering waiting a week since most of the local teams are on bye.

99IHSMustang
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Every year I take my son to a HS game to see if he's excited enough about football to sign him up for the Pop leagues....he turned 7 last Summer

I'm debating the following games this Friday..

1. Rockport @ Ingleside
2. Ray @ Robstown
3. Los Fresnos @ Calallen

I'm also considering waiting a week since most of the local teams are on bye.

Los Fresnos @ Calallen will be a good one. Ingleside so far has been pretty explosive on offense and I think it will be more of the same this coming friday. Rockport @ Ingleside would be my pick, but hey that just might be my homerism talking... :D

SintonFan
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Los Fresnos @ Calallen will be a good one. Ingleside so far has been pretty explosive on offense and I think it will be more of the same this coming friday. Rockport @ Ingleside would be my pick, but hey that just might be my homerism talking... :D
Isn't Rockport 2-1? If so that will be a good game to see.

Just make sure you bring lots of "OFF"(bug spray) to whatever game you go to. Them skeeters are bad out there.:eek: :doh:

pirate4state
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Isn't Rockport 2-1? If so that will be a good game to see.

Just make sure you bring lots of "OFF"(bug spray) to whatever game you go to. Them skeeters are bad out there.:eek: :doh: they are both undefeated, but Rockport hasn't been tested and quite frankly should have blown AP & OG away. Look for Ingleside to destroy them.

SintonFan
09-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
they are both undefeated, but Rockport hasn't been tested and quite frankly should have blown AP & OG away. Look for Ingleside to destroy them.
That might be, but I bet Rockport will be "up" for this game with Ingleside just down the road from them.
I remember the slug fests we had with them back then. Good games all.

bowleghorses
09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
My suggestion is to play football in the yard with him and that will steer him to the game more than attending a game. But it wont hurt to attend a game also.:D

tiger eye
09-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Navasota @ Bellville

should be a barn burner !
well worth the drive