PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Clyde

lakers
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Well a much anticipated game (for me) has finally arrived and I am looking forward to this matchup. Clyde's old coach is now incharge at Sweetwater and a Sweetwater grad is at the helm of the Clyde team. The game will be featured in Clyde's new stadium, and hopefully it won't rain so everyone will finally be able to attend a game in the new stadium. Since I am a homer I have got to go with Clyde 21-14.

Sweetwater (0-3) vs. Clyde (2-1)

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Clyde has the talent to beat this S'water team, but i dont think it will happen this year. S'water 20-17!!!

95mustang
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Sticking with 2-3A on this one. Go Sweetwater.

ccmom
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Sweetwater overcomes the turnover bug this week...

Sweetwater 24
Clyde 14

Go Mustangs! :cheerl: :cheerl:

STANG RED
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
The Mustangs are very hungry for a win, after facing 3 tough 3A opponents. I just cant see them losing this one. They'll have to somehow manage to hang on to the ball though. But if they do, it should be a long night for Clyde. We'll see.
Swater 24
Clyde 10

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Don't forget that the Sweetwater alum is the son of the winningest in Sweetwater's history.

Just heard earlier that our MLB/LG is injured. We couldn't be much thinner at LB.
I still think it will being a low scoring game.

My prediction Sweetwater wins 13-7.

Trashman
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Sweetwater this is your week!:D

STANG RED
09-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Well a much anticipated game (for me) has finally arrived and I am looking forward to this matchup. Clyde's old coach is now incharge at Sweetwater and a Sweetwater grad is at the helm of the Clyde team. The game will be featured in Clyde's new stadium, and hopefully it won't rain so everyone will finally be able to attend a game in the new stadium. Since I am a homer I have got to go with Clyde 21-14.

Sweetwater (0-3) vs. Clyde (2-1)

Hey lakers! Is Clyde still going to have all the great concessions that was at the old stadium? I hated that stadium, but I never had to worry about having to go out and eat before hand. They always had about anything you wanted there somewhere.

RedWhiteBlue
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Go Mustangs!!!:cheerl: :clap: :cheerl: :clap:

lakers
09-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Hey lakers! Is Clyde still going to have all the great concessions that was at the old stadium? I hated that stadium, but I never had to worry about having to go out and eat before hand. They always had about anything you wanted there somewhere.

Yeah I am pretty sure they do since the same boosters are setting up the concessions, but I have yet to buy anything in the new stadium so I am not for sure. I am willing to bet they have the exact same things that they have always had. If you wanted to be on the safe side a trip to Pizza House wouldn't be a bad idea either. Will you be at the game?

garciap77
09-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah I am pretty sure they do since the same boosters are setting up the concessions, but I have yet to buy anything in the new stadium so I am not for sure. I am willing to bet they have the exact same things that they have always had. If you wanted to be on the safe side a trip to Pizza House wouldn't be a bad idea either. Will you be at the game?

I make it a habit to eat there before a game. Great pizza!

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I say Sweetwater rolls in this one. Sweetwater by 20

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 09:15 PM

Yeah I plan on getting there early enough to stop in at Pizza House. Thats some of the best pizza I've ever had. But if I cant get there early enough, at least I know there will be plenty of good food at the game. If garciap doesnt get to go to Waco, I'm stopping in Abilene to drag him along with me. You gonna be there?

wildstangs
09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Woah Woah Woah....Wait just a minute people. I am not at ALL bitter towards Slaughter and his staff. I think Sweetwater made a great hire there. The people that I am bitter towards are the ones who are unappreciative of the great program that Sweetwater has had in the past.

If Sweetwater athletes are responsible for breaking the law, then they (just like any other town's athletes) should be punished like anyone else. If it is posted on a news website than it is public news, and I would have posted it if it was about Clyde, Wylie, Abilene, Brownwood, etc. Do you people think it should be swept under the rug?

Unbelievable that you guys called me out on this. Several people also felt the need to call me out in private messages. Guess it is time for me to leave this site for awhile.

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Woah Woah Woah....Wait just a minute people. I am not at ALL bitter towards Slaughter and his staff. I think Sweetwater made a great hire there. The people that I am bitter towards are the ones who are unappreciative of the great program that Sweetwater has had in the past.

If Sweetwater athletes are responsible for breaking the law, then they (just like any other town's athletes) should be punished like anyone else. If it is posted on a news website than it is public news, and I would have posted it if it was about Clyde, Wylie, Abilene, Brownwood, etc. Do you people think it should be swept under the rug?

Unbelievable that you guys called me out on this. Several people also felt the need to call me out in private messages. Guess it is time for me to leave this site for awhile.

Dont let tha door hit ya where tha good lord split ya.

garciap77
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah I plan on getting there early enough to stop in at Pizza House. Thats some of the best pizza I've ever had. But if I cant get there early enough, at least I know there will be plenty of good food at the game. If garciap doesnt get to go to Waco, I'm stopping in Abilene to drag him along with me. You gonna be there?

Looks like I might be going to WACO after all. I don't have the bus ticket in my hands yet, but someone offered to sell it to me tomorrow.

P.S. Hey Stang! I have the keys to nobogey72's Crib, so if you and the SW crowd want to party after they game, just stop by my house, the key is under the Welcome mat! Please don't pee in the pool! :D

;)

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
And some of you seem more concerned about where you are gonna eat than you are
about Sweetwater being 0-3. Do me and the rest of the REAL Sweetwater fans
stay home and listen on the radio.

garciap77
09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

SW water is going to win this game! Getting something to eat is just part of every game.

SWMustang
09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

This was talked about EXTENSIVELY at the game last week. I got the opportunity to talk to several parents with kids in high school and found out about this. I think there may need to be more housecleaning in Sweetwater. I see your original post has been deleted (shocker).

lakers
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Yep, it worked out perfect that Tech is playing in Austin so I get to go home this weekend.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I see your original post has been deleted (shocker).

At HIS request....thank you very much!!:rolleyes:

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 09:54 PM

Good lord son, take a chill pill already. I doubt fans eating habits are going to make much difference in wheather the team wins or loses. If it does, we got bigger problems than I thought.

garciap77
09-16-2009, 09:58 PM
SW RED! Win or Lose party at Bogey's crib and you are invited!:D

;)

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2009, 10:00 PM
So SWM, these parents that you talked to extensively, did they
give you the whole story or just their little Johnny's ?

Scholar
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
THINK ABOUT THE GAME!!!! NO PIZZA FOR YOU!!! And make sure you make the meet and greet or we'll have to hear another lecture on class.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow.....fans fighting against fellow fans....how sad!!:dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
It's not the eating habits. It is the indifference of. our fans and the fact that we are 0-3.

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow.....fans fighting against fellow fans....how sad!!:dispntd:

My ol granpappy used to say "Dont start no trouble, wont be none".

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
It's not the eating habits. It is the indifference of. our fans and the fact that we are 0-3.

And what we say on here is going to make any difference?

Lighten up and have some fun. That should be part of what this board is here for. I know it is for me. Win or lose, I'll be right back on here having fun next week. And no matter what happens between now and then, the world will keep turning, and life is what you make of it. I choose to be happy about it, and get all I can out of it.:D

SWMustang
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM

Their little Johnny's weren't involved in any of this. More extensively discussed was the gang problem in Sweetwater.

Scholar
09-16-2009, 10:31 PM

If you got the whole story, spill it. This is a generalized statement and directed to no one in particular: If a player does something against the law, he should be punished just like every other one of us. The ability to play football should not excuse a person from having to abide by the laws just like everyone else. 'Nuff said.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Yep apparently MS13 and the Latin Kings are scared to move in from Abilene because of these high school kids. The Russian and Asian mob have got word to. :rolleyes:

Scholar
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
It's easy to make light of a situation when you are not affected by that situation. Perhaps if you were, and not only being concerned about your team's win/loss record, you might think about the situation a little differently.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Meanwhile.....back to the Sweetwater vs. Clyde game.......

Snyder_TigerFan
09-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I heard about this last week. And if I remember, a similar thing happended last season (or was it two years ago). Should it be swept under the rug? No. Should they punished if they broke the law? Absolutely. Should the punishment extend to the football field? That's up to the coach, but it speaks of ones' morals. IMO.

GetRDoneStangs
09-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Meanwhile.....back to the Sweetwater vs. Clyde game.......

Hope the Stangs get win 1 for Slaughter and the Big Red....as we will be listening at the Trent VFD Cook off!!

Scholar
09-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Dang this thread got quiet. I'm going to go with Clyde by a couple TDs. Maybe I'll see ya at the Pizza House, Red. Bring the whole gang with ya. We'll have us a big ol' time!

STANG RED
09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
Dang this thread got quiet. I'm going to go with Clyde by a couple TDs. Maybe I'll see ya at the Pizza House, Red. Bring the whole gang with ya. We'll have us a big ol' time!

I'll be there, and I'm bringing garciap77 with me. Dont start the party without us. :cool: