PDA

View Full Version : Smithville (2-1) @ Halletsville

jrhernandez7
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Smithville looks to keep improving on there spread against halletsville. I am anxious to see how the team responds after a big win against luling. if smithville doesnt sleep walk in this one its should be tigers all the way. The D-fense has been lights out all year and will be be a good test for the D. from what i noticed teams dont like to lose to previous doormat smithville, and come ready to play. dont know to much about halletsville, but you better strap it up and show up to play, because those kids always play hard. with that said....
Smithville 38 Halletsville 14 and the tigers are homecoming spoilers for the second week in a row.

cntdwn
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
Smithville looks to keep improving on there spread against halletsville. I am anxious to see how the team responds after a big win against luling. if smithville doesnt sleep walk in this one its should be tigers all the way. The D-fense has been lights out all year and will be be a good test for the D. from what i noticed teams dont like to lose to previous doormat smithville, and come ready to play. dont know to much about halletsville, but you better strap it up and show up to play, because those kids always play hard. with that said....
Smithville 38 Halletsville 14 and the tigers are homecoming spoilers for the second week in a row.

you've been waiting a LOOOONG time to post with excitement. Don't blame you. Go Tigers....

Pudlugger
09-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Smithville is good. They are more like the 1998 team than the 2007 team. Better get ready to play when you meet the Tigers because they are out to prove something. Tigers by 21.

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Smithville by 20 in this one and they keep getting better. With that defense, the big three in the district better start tightening chin strap and checking jocks because Smithville is determined to make the playoffs this year.

hookandladder
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Smithville by 20 in this one and they keep getting better. With that defense, the big three in the district better start tightening chin strap and checking jocks because Smithville is determined to make the playoffs this year.

Yes, Smithville wins big against a very weak Hallettsville team, they may make some noise in D-25 race but no way they make the playoffs.

KONGZILLA
09-15-2009, 06:26 AM
All i heard last year was "smithville blah bblah blah....." then they got to district and?????????????????

They win 3 district ball games then..........start the "blah blah"

JUST MY OPINION

FbCoachB40
09-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Does Halletsville have a freshman team? or just JV?

jrhernandez7
09-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Yes, Smithville wins big against a very weak Hallettsville team, they may make some noise in D-25 race but no way they make the playoffs.

never say "no way", i bet la grange thought there was "no way" the mighty leps would get shut out to smithville last year. (38-0) in LG. gota like a team that plays with a huge chip on there shoulder, everything to gain nothing to lose in tigerland.

Footballhudini
09-15-2009, 06:43 PM
i'd fall into a very deep depression if a football team i was affiliated with lost to smithville

jbh

Cowboy_Up
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
H'ville is not a very good team right now.
RB is good, but zero passing game.
S'ville by a couple of dozen.

Pudlugger
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
i'd fall into a very deep depression if a football team i was affiliated with lost to smithville

jbh

Some people think history began when they started to pay attention. Smithville has had a few down years and they think they never could play football. Well maybe they should look at the record. The Tigers have had some darn good teams in the past 20 years and this year's team is a good one so shut your pie hole Huidini.:mad:

hookandladder
09-16-2009, 06:01 AM
never say "no way", i bet la grange thought there was "no way" the mighty leps would get shut out to smithville last year. (38-0) in LG. gota like a team that plays with a huge chip on there shoulder, everything to gain nothing to lose in tigerland.

My post said nothing about La Grange- Smithville game, just said they will not make the playoffs. They could beat LG however still do not think they will make the playoffs, you sound like an aggie as long as you beat LG you think the year is a success. Success is measured in championships, not a couple of wins a year.

Footballhudini
09-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Some people think history began when they started to pay attention. Smithville has had a few down years and they think they never could play football. Well maybe they should look at the record. The Tigers have had some darn good teams in the past 20 years and this year's team is a good one so shut your pie hole Huidini.:mad:

homer

or a team that lost to them

jmo

Bone Pile
09-16-2009, 09:05 AM

Don't take Halletsville very lightly. They played Columbus a good game but they run out of gas and Columbus was just too much for them. Don't count them out,they will come to play.
Spread of 6.Could go either way.

Mace Griffin
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Some people think history began when they started to pay attention. Smithville has had a few down years and they think they never could play football. Well maybe they should look at the record. The Tigers have had some darn good teams in the past 20 years and this year's team is a good one so shut your pie hole Huidini.:mad: So good they have made the playoffs twice in the last 20 years and got shutout in the first round both times. :rolleyes:

Footballhudini
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
So good they have made the playoffs twice in the last 20 years and got shutout in the first round both times. :rolleyes:

if they were 120 miles south they'd be a perennial powerhouse

Pudlugger
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
So good they have made the playoffs twice in the last 20 years and got shutout in the first round both times. :rolleyes:

Okay let me make myself clear here. Smithville has been down for about 10 years. That apparently makes them fair game for several snarky posters on this board. However, if you go back and look at their history (maybe more like 20 years from the start of their downturn i.e. 1979-99) they were a decent program. In the last season the Tigers went 5-5 from going 0-30 the 3 years before. That is a big improvement. They whopped my home team La Grange 38-0. The next week the Leps came within a td of upsetting Giddings and went 6-4. The Tigers are every bit as good this year as last and folks need to give it a rest on the bashing. That's all I have to say.:kiss:

hookandladder
09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Okay let me make myself clear here. Smithville has been down for about 10 years. That apparently makes them fair game for several snarky posters on this board. However, if you go back and look at their history (maybe more like 20 years from the start of their downturn i.e. 1979-99) they were a decent program. In the last season the Tigers went 5-5 from going 0-30 the 3 years before. That is a big improvement. They whopped my home team La Grange 38-0. The next week the Leps came within a td of upsetting Giddings and went 6-4. The Tigers are every bit as good this year as last and folks need to give it a rest on the bashing. That's all I have to say.:kiss:

Pud, I have to disagree with you that smithville is as good as last year, from what i was told by a really good source they lost most all of their team leadership from last year and no one has stepped up this year. Also the Mack kid who i am pretty sure won the 100m dash in our District last year transfered to Bastrop, so I was told they are not near as good as last year. I think this year's team is definitely better than their 0 fer teams in years past, but nowhere near as good as last years team. Time will tell.

Pudlugger
09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, you may have better info than I being closer to the game. None the less I just think it's time we posters started giving this team some respect however modest it might be. We all need to remember we're dealing with kids here and these young men are putting it all out on the field for their school and for their communities. I wish the Tigers success except for when the Leps play them. Then I want the Leps to roll.:D

jrhernandez7
09-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Pud, I have to disagree with you that smithville is as good as last year, from what i was told by a really good source they lost most all of their team leadership from last year and no one has stepped up this year. Also the Mack kid who i am pretty sure won the 100m dash in our District last year transfered to Bastrop, so I was told they are not near as good as last year. I think this year's team is definitely better than their 0 fer teams in years past, but nowhere near as good as last years team. Time will tell.

yes time will tell. I know for a fact the mack kid wasnt the fastest on the team last year, and wouldnt of been this year. Jordan renolds who was starting last year till injuries is back and can flat out fly. The tigers are diffently better, d-fense is better and plays with a nastyness, offense is way more dynaminc, last year teams could just key on the run, wich the tigers did 99.9 percent of the time last year. now with the spread impleminted in the offense it is tough to key on them. the qb fierro who was also injured before district play is the real deal. throws a bullet and accuracy is geting better every week, and is perty darn good to begin with. fierro and reynolds are big time players whith both of them on the feild smithville can score on anygiven play. i know one thing, i can not wait for district, gona be some great football games, every teams believei they got a great shot for the post-season, and believing in your team is half the battle. 26-3a is going to proudce 3 great games everyweek. dont know many distrcits who can say that.

KingRob
09-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Good to see Smithville winning some games. Halletsville always tough, but not as good as years past....

I'm going with the upset:

Halletsville - 27
Smithville - 21

Smithville will have the ball as time runs out....

BTownVBall3
09-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Well if nothing else, Hallettsville will definitely be battle tested by the time they start playing teams that are actually in their class (2A). Thus far they've played 3A Edna, Columbus and now Smithville. Very nice facilities here, some of the nicest sub 4A-5A that I've ever seen. I use them daily. They have an elevator that goes to their press box..kind of blew my mind a little bit.

hookandladder
09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
yes time will tell. I know for a fact the mack kid wasnt the fastest on the team last year, and wouldnt of been this year. Jordan renolds who was starting last year till injuries is back and can flat out fly. The tigers are diffently better, d-fense is better and plays with a nastyness, offense is way more dynaminc, last year teams could just key on the run, wich the tigers did 99.9 percent of the time last year. now with the spread impleminted in the offense it is tough to key on them. the qb fierro who was also injured before district play is the real deal. throws a bullet and accuracy is geting better every week, and is perty darn good to begin with. fierro and reynolds are big time players whith both of them on the feild smithville can score on anygiven play. i know one thing, i can not wait for district, gona be some great football games, every teams believei they got a great shot for the post-season, and believing in your team is half the battle. 26-3a is going to proudce 3 great games everyweek. dont know many distrcits who can say that.

Last years team would have beat Lexington by aleast 3 TD's, If Smithville does not beat Halletsville by 3 TD's could be long year for Smithville in District.