PDA

View Full Version : Celina QB injury

bowleghorses
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
What is the stutus on Celina's quarterback? I read that he got injured in the Dangerfield game but did not hear with what.:confused:

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
What is the stutus on Celina's quarterback? I read that he got injured in the Dangerfield game but did not hear with what.:confused:

Well it looks like a bad acl tear in his shoulder. Could be out a while. But I do not have the "official info".

bowleghorses
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Thats not good, hate to hear that. Having surgery?

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Thats not good, hate to hear that. Having surgery?

Dont think so. I don't think it was completely torn. 3rd degree tear.

jockcity33
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
man those ACL tears in the shoulder usually take 8-10 months to heal.

NTFan
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33

Actually it's a 3rd degree AC separation. The dreaded "Sam Bradford" injury. Playing it by ear.

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33

IT is tough. Bad break falling on his shoulder on what looked like a normal tackle. Cody is a good guy. Hate to see it happen to anybody.

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Brownwood, Van, and now Celina QBs are dropping everywhere. That sucks!:(

orange machine
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Well if he cant throw the ball may be he can still run the football and play some defense for us that would be great.

Rabid Cougar
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Hitting someone after seperating your shoulder is not the most pleasent experience. One shot and he'll be done if he plays "D".

Twirling Time
09-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Well if he cant throw the ball may be he can still run the football and play some defense for us that would be great.

He's a 5-foot-9 senior with no shot at playing in college. He will play till his arm falls off.

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2009, 04:42 AM
I have no question that the young man has the heart to do it and not saying that he won't. It will be up to his tolerance for pain.
You cannot strap up seperated shoulders.

BILLYFRED0000
09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I have no question that the young man has the heart to do it and not saying that he won't. It will be up to his tolerance for pain.

Aint that the truth. Tough issue for the player.

NTFan
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
He's a 5-foot-9 senior with no shot at playing in college. He will play till his arm falls off.

actually has a couple of offers to play receiver on the table...but you're right, probably not playing college QB

CHSVARSITYDAD
09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow,Sorry to hear this I hope he heals up ok.Will be praying for him!

lulu
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM

And if the Coaching staff even thnk about it ....they are crazy.

MN95
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by NTFan
actually has a couple of offers to play receiver on the table...but you're right, probably not playing college QB

offers to play where? Good for Cody.

NTFan
09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MN95
offers to play where? Good for Cody.

I believe 3 or 4 smaller schools have came at him with offers. I know there is one Div. I school very interested, but no offer as of yet.

bowleghorses
09-15-2009, 07:40 PM
What is the scoop on the backup QB?

MN95
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
What is the scoop on the backup QB?

Better passer, not as good a runner.

JohnnieLightnin
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by lulu
And if the Coaching staff even thnk about it ....they are crazy.

Well, I think the Dad is one of the coaches and if there is little chance of playing at the next level or if the possibility of doing further damage does not effect the prognosis after the season; then I see the kid playing soon. I have heard the kid is tough and this season means a lot to him; so, I am betting he will play soon. I don't think it is crazy to let the kid decide on how much pain he wants to endure. After all, this might be his last chance to "strap it up". I would let my son make this decision if there were no inordinate risks of life-altering damage. If further damage to the injury could hinder his chance at a normal life after football, I would step in and say "No Dice". I would think long and hard before I took something away from one of my children that I could never give back.

orange machine
09-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Cody will be back soon he is as tough as they come, i can promise you he will play with alot of pain before he misses to many games.

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin
Well, I think the Dad is one of the coaches and if there is little chance of playing at the next level or if the possibility of doing further damage does not effect the prognosis after the season; then I see the kid playing soon. I have heard the kid is tough and this season means a lot to him; so, I am betting he will play soon. I don't think it is crazy to let the kid decide on how much pain he wants to endure. After all, this might be his last chance to "strap it up". I would let my son make this decision if there were no inordinate risks of life-altering damage. If further damage to the injury could hinder his chance at a normal life after football, I would step in and say "No Dice". I would think long and hard before I took something away from one of my children that I could never give back.

He will remember it when he is 45 years old and sleeps on it wrong either way.

ctown
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
He will remember it when he is 45 years old and sleeps on it wrong either way.

Time to que up the William Wallace speech...one day, lying in your beds....

lulu
09-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin

I can agree with that rational. If no further permanent injury to be done ,,,,Ok. Pain is pain and it is intended to give one warning but we all have to do what we have to do (or want to).If he can endure the pain and not hurt the team as a whole, I say "get after it" anf I truly wish him well.

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Time to que up the William Wallace speech...one day, lying in your beds....

I prefer the mooning.

Aesculus gilmus
09-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I prefer the mooning.

That's just wrong.

I prefer the scene where Wallace has just secretly married Murron in the woods.

BobcatBenny
09-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
That's just wrong.

I prefer the scene where Wallace has just secretly married Murron in the woods.
Getting married was the dumbest thing Wallace ever did!

The second dumbest thing was getting his guts yanked out!

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
He will remember it when he is 45 years old and sleeps on it wrong either way. Only on rainy days and during winter. Lol:hairpunk: :(