PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW: Columbus(3-0) @ Needville (2-1)

Booter11
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
The undefeated Columbus Cardinals travel to Needville to take on the 2-1 Bluejays. Needville, coming off a tough loss to La Grange, will be fired up and ready to give the Cardinals all they can handle. Columbus hopes to keep their winning streak going and get to 4-0. Will be a great game this coming friday but i gotta be a homer and go with the Cards. Columbus wins 21-17

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 11:10 AM
This will be a very interesting game. These two teams match up well. It will come down to the defense. If Needville can avoid turnovers I see them winning by a td or so. That said I wouldn't count the Cardinals out and this game really is a toss up IMO.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Yup....I agree w/ Mr. Lugger. This is going to be another hard fought battle between D25 & D26. I think if the Jays can hold onto the football and minimize penalties they ought to be able to come away w/ the win.

Jays 28
Cards 21

BATTLE OF THE BIRDS!! LOL.

hookandladder
09-12-2009, 11:40 AM
As long as Needville holds on to the ball, Needville by 2 or 3 TD's.
Needville defense will shut down Columbus offense.

Bone Pile
09-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Battle of the Birds. Red over blue by 6.
Should be a darn good game. These two teams respect each other and ALWAYS come to play on both sides of the ball. Will be a battle in the trenchs but a clean tough match.
GO BIG RED

KONGZILLA
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
All these teams in '25' not as tough as some people make it on here.
Look at the opponents record of some of the 'undefeated 25' teams.
that being said needville by 2 td's

teetle
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Needville do not has a chance. Speed kills. Needville do not has any. Cardinals win b 2 td's.:D :eek:

Booter11
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
As long as Needville holds on to the ball, Needville by 2 or 3 TD's.
Needville defense will shut down Columbus offense.

I will agree that Needville's defense is good but they dont have enough speed to contain the high powered Columbus offense. Too much speed for the Jays to handle

hookandladder
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Booter11
I will agree that Needville's defense is good but they dont have enough speed to contain the high powered Columbus offense. Too much speed for the Jays to handle

We will find out come Friday, I stand by my prediction.

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Region 4 GOTW: Columbus(3-0) @ Needville (2-1)
As written on another thread (that hopefully gets merged with this one), this is a battle of the birds. And also a contrast in styles with the high flying Cardinal spread attack vs. the power and deception on the Bluejays.

Should be a great game.

Originally posted by Reg IV Editor - I had to re-do to add the poll and merged with another thread - hope I did this right :)

pirate4state
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Region 4 GOTW: Columbus(3-0) @ Needville (2-1)
As written on another thread (that hopefully gets merged with this one), this is a battle of the birds. And also a contrast in styles with the high flying Cardinal spread attack vs. the power and deception on the Bluejays.

Should be a great game.

Originally posted by Reg IV Editor - I had to re-do to add the poll and merged with another thread - hope I did this right :)

Yes ma'am! :clap: :thumbsup:

Very interesting match up indeed. Good Luck Jays!

Dogs_21
09-14-2009, 03:26 PM
i take Needville by 14!

Cowboy_Up
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Needville by 7

LHS 2SONS
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I have not seen Columbus play yet and know they lost a lot of starters from last year, I had to go with Needville after watching them play LG last friday. Prove me wrong Columbus and represent D25

Gators17
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't like this game for GOTW. Navasota vs. Bellville should be the GOTW, without a doubt. Don't get me wrong, these are two good teams, but the Navasota and Bellville game is of much more magniture, IMO.

Booter11
09-14-2009, 05:39 PM
That might me a better match up but from what i understand for a game to be a regional game of the week, both teams must be in that region... i could be wrong though

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
I don't like this game for GOTW. Navasota vs. Bellville should be the GOTW, without a doubt. Don't get me wrong, these are two good teams, but the Navasota and Bellville game is of much more magniture, IMO.

Booter is correct. For the games to be considered for the GOTW, they both need to be in the same region. The Navasota vs Bellville game should be a great game. So what do you propose it be, Reg III GOTW or Reg IV GOTW? See the problem?

cntdwn
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Jays, 21-10
only because Cards haven't been tested.

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 08:49 PM
This will be a great matchup of two very good teams that are so different. The Cardinals have alot of speed and spread the ball arounf alot. The Jays have a power offense that has alot of deception. Defensively, both teams are pretty good, with Columbus a little quicker but Needville a little bigger.

I think the final score will reflect the power of the two defenses mor than the offenses. Needville 14 Columbus 7

By the way, the question of Regional game of the week may be expected to be a region matchup, but last week the Gilmer and LE game was a gamo of the week and they are not in the same region.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA
All these teams in '25' not as tough as some people make it on here.
Look at the opponents record of some of the 'undefeated 25' teams.
that being said needville by 2 td's

Bellville is undefeated and in 25, both teams the Brahmas have beat ( Caldwell and 4a Livington) only lose was to Bellville. Both teams will be in the hunt for their District Championship.
Not to forget Bellvilles next opponent top 10 Navasota 3-0.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

By the way, the question of Regional game of the week may be expected to be a region matchup, but last week the Gilmer and LE game was a gamo of the week and they are not in the same region.

They are not in the same region?

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Nope--Gilmer is Region 3 and LE is Region 2.

j_dog
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Booter is correct. For the games to be considered for the GOTW, they both need to be in the same region. The Navasota vs Bellville game should be a great game. So what do you propose it be, Reg III GOTW or Reg IV GOTW? See the problem?
It should go to whichever region needs a GOTW. :cool:

Last week, Region III needed a really good game, so Gilmer-LE ended up as a Region III game. Makes sense. :confused:

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
jdog--the game you chose as game of the week in Region 3 is a pretty darn good one. If Navasota and Bellville weren't playing this week, I would try to get to the Jasper vs WOS matchup. Both of those teams will make playoff noise later this year in Region 3.

j_dog
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
jdog--the game you chose as game of the week in Region 3 is a pretty darn good one. If Navasota and Bellville weren't playing this week, I would try to get to the Jasper vs WOS matchup. Both of those teams will make playoff noise later this year in Region 3.
I agree. I plan to be there for my first game of the year. :)

Games between Jasper and WOS are generally knock down drag out affairs regardless of the records of the teams.

The first time (1986) these two teams ever played, WOS was ranked number one pre-season and Jasper started out nowhere, just like this year. Jasper went down to their place, and picked up a solid 21-8 district win over WOS. WOS has been madd at Jasper ever since. :D WOS came back in QF to win 20-15. It has been a battle ever since.

Bull's-eye
09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Gators17

:iagree: Maybe with Navasota being in R3 had something to do with them not making it the R4 GOTW? Does both teams have to be in R4?

I'll take the Cardinals to pull off the upset.

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
It should go to whichever region needs a GOTW. :cool:

Last week, Region III needed a really good game, so Gilmer-LE ended up as a Region III game. Makes sense. :confused:

sure it makes sense - but not the situation in Reg IV this week - we had a game..

j_dog
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
sure it makes sense - but not the situation in Reg IV this week - we had a game..
I totally agree. If you have a good game within the region, that is the game you should use.

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I am trying to figure out what to bribe the Reg IV Editor with to get Cuero vs La Vernia GOTW next week... That's going to be a good one.... :D

R4Editor
09-15-2009, 07:11 AM
We've had our eye on that one since last year...

MJMbrahmas10
09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
i think needvilles sized and columbus' lack of size will be the factor

Bone Pile
09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Needville better be in shape because Columbus is definitely shown to be in very good condition. Same attitude the last play just like the first play. If Needville brings their A game and stays focused they will only lose by 7,anything less and it is 14 plus.

Go Big Red Machine

Booter11
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Columbus has been the underdog the last 2 years against Needville and has come out on top on both equations. They were picked to lose by more that 4 tds in 2007 and still came away with an OT victory in Needville... And last year they shut Needville out 21-0... Should be a great game this year for sure

pirate4state
09-15-2009, 09:30 AM
sure it makes sense - but not the situation in Reg IV this week - we had a game.. No doubt Bellville/Navasota is going to be a great game, but there were 3 games the R4Editor could have gone with IMO: the one he picked, Bandera @ Wimberley and CC Oso @ Devine, all region 4 teams.

Bandera & Wimberley both had lots of hype, both have had key injuries and have lost some game(s). Could be a make or break type of game?

Devine & CC West Oso both suffered crushing defeats and both need to regain their composure and get back on track.

Thank God I'm not the R4Editor this year! :D

Needville by 3

edit...oops, Wimberely is no longer Region 4...my bad :o

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I think Needville showed last week that their D can hang w/ an "in shape" "high flying" offense pretty well. I also don't think Needville is as slow as we get credit for being. Sure...we're not stacked w/ "The Flash" at every skill position, but we're big, physical, and fast enough. Also, this is not 2007, this is not last year....this is 2009. The Jays will come to play, there is not doubt......as will Columbus. They always do. With that said.....I don't think Columbus has really been tested this year so far. Needville held the highly touted Bellville offense scoreless in a scrimmage, held 4A Worthing scoreless and was ALSO able to put up 21 points on them before halftime (when the game was canceled)...held Splendora scoreless until the 4th Q when the 2nd stringers went in...and was able to keep La Grange's potent offense somewhat in check. I'd say I'm pretty confident in our defense and like their chances. Don't overlook us just because we're D26 and Columbus is D25.

Good luck to both teams. GO JAYS!!!

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Needville's defense will play great and defeat Columbus in a former district match.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:iagree: Maybe with Navasota being in R3 had something to do with them not making it the R4 GOTW? Does both teams have to be in R4?

Has there been other games of the week that the teams have been in seperate regions?

44INAROW
09-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Has there been other games of the week that the teams have been in seperate regions?

Does it really matter? This is the game that the Reg IV editor(s) chose.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 06:15 AM
Has there been other games of the week that the teams have been in seperate regions? You pull this crap every year....and quite frankly it's getting old. If the only reason you're posting in this thread is to bitch and complain because Bellville isn't GOTW every week...then start your own thread. This thread is for GOTW Week 3: Needville -vs- Columbus so contribute or GTHO.

:mad:

Bone Pile
09-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey IHStang, He is getting done what he wants to. Getting under your skin. That is the way the people from Bellville are. Don't let it bother you they have some thugs over there.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Hey IHStang, He is getting done what he wants to. Getting under your skin. That is the way the people from Bellville are. Don't let it bother you they have some thugs over there. :)

Man I wish I was gonna be home in time for this game!! The last time I saw these two teams play was in 07. That was one heckova game!

Ex-Kat52
09-16-2009, 09:29 AM
IHStang, I like to see you getting a little fired up. Reguardless what anybody says this is going to be one of the best AAA football games in the state. It is nice to see some home town people taking it personal to anyone that says other wise.

Bone Pile
09-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:)

Man I wish I was gonna be home in time for this game!! The last time I saw these two teams play was in 07. That was one heckova game!

I am fired up as well as the Cardinals are.
Been several years since I have played ILB,but man the fire is there I'll tell ya. This WILL be a great game. Both teams deserve to win.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Kat52
IHStang, I like to see you getting a little fired up. Reguardless what anybody says this is going to be one of the best AAA football games in the state. It is nice to see some home town people taking it personal to anyone that says other wise. You betcha EK. My wife and I moved to Needville a few years back....and we love us some Blue Jays!! We love it there. Our daughter will no doubt grow up a Lady Jay. :)

scrub c
09-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Needville will win

teetle
09-16-2009, 01:29 PM
RedBirds has speed, bluebirds has none. Speed kills. Cardinals be winning this game. enough said.:D :eek: :eek:

BB21
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Teetle thats all you talk about is speed! You can have all the speed you want but if you dont have a line in front of you to help you use your speed, it doesnt matter how fast you are! So come up with something else!

jaydog34
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
So tell me Teetle is speed the only thing that matters in football anymore. Let me ask you this was cuero faster than yall last year. or was prosper the fastest team in the state last year since they won it all. I mean liberty hill must have been the fastest team in texas if they won state the two previous seasons before that. Going by what you say week in and week out only the fast teams win. or are you just saying that because you heard it somewhere and thats the best you got on match ups every week. just wondering.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jaydog34
So tell me Teetle is speed the only thing that matters in football anymore. Let me ask you this was cuero faster than yall last year. or was prosper the fastest team in the state last year since they won it all. I mean liberty hill must have been the fastest team in texas if they won state the two previous seasons before that. Going by what you say week in and week out only the fast teams win. or are you just saying that because you heard it somewhere and thats the best you got on match ups every week. just wondering. you can factor in that he has picked against Needville every week w/ the same reasoning since the start of the season. I don't think it's a "speed" thing w/ him as much as it's a Needville thing. Not sure where his dislike of Needville comes from...but it's apparent.

jaydog34
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Your right, wonder what has sparked his dislike for Needville so much. But you can also factor in that his one and only response is that speed kills, which leads me to believe he heard that from somebody somewhere down the line and thinks that statement conquors all. Cause im pretty sure Worthing was much faster than Needville. What happen to that statement to that statement, because he said in on that thread as well. I guess that if you say it enough it is bound to come true eventually.

jaydog34
09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Anybody know what the underclassman hold in store for Thursday night. I heard that columbus won both 7th grade games and both 8th grade games. So that makes them 4-0 in the seven games between each other this week.

duckhunter
09-16-2009, 03:43 PM
You pull this crap every year....and quite frankly it's getting old. If the only reason you're posting in this thread is to bitch and complain because Bellville isn't GOTW every week...then start your own thread. This thread is for GOTW Week 3: Needville -vs- Columbus so contribute or GTHO.

:mad: i dont post often but i feel a need to now to back up my fellow d-25 poster. fbb is not the only poster to express their opinion that the navasota/ bellville game should be gotw. nobody is forcing you to read formerbellvillebrahmas posts and/or reply to them.......................... with that being said i do agree with fbb and the other posters that the bellville/navasota game has the makings for what easily coulda been chosen as the game of the week, but it wasnt. my cardinals were and ill take them to win by 14.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
i dont post often but i feel a need to now to back up my fellow d-25 poster. fbb is not the only poster to express their opinion that the navasota/ bellville game should be gotw. nobody is forcing you to read formerbellvillebrahmas posts and/or reply to them.......................... with that being said i do agree with fbb and the other posters that the bellville/navasota game has the makings for what easily coulda been chosen as the game of the week, but it wasnt. my cardinals were and ill take them to win by 14. so PM the Reg. IV Editor....instead of tagging up a thread that has absolutely nothing to do w/ Bellville. Kinda hard not to read FBB's crybaby, whining posts when they're in a NEEDVILLE thread. :rolleyes:

Take that crap somewhere else.

R4Editor
09-16-2009, 05:42 PM
so PM the Reg. IV Editor....

Ah, no that's OK.
At the beginning of the year I made the decision to keep the GOTW in RIV between two RIV teams. I did that because:

1. I had a feeling that any big game between regional powerhouses would get plenty of press. And that is what has happened...both Giddings/Liberty Hill in week 0 and Bellville/Navasota had threads going well before any GOTW was even posted. It's not like CBS shows up when I pick a GOTW.

2. It’s really only a problem in pre-district. Once district play begins, GOTW will be within our region.

3. Folks, if you think your team should be GOTW, then start a thread with a poll and bump it each time it drops from the first page. There are 40+ teams in RIV and the way the downlow is set-up, we here in RIV will be focusing on those teams. If you've team is in the mix, chances are it will show up in a GOTW.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

I'll take the Cardinals to pull off the upset.

This is a question ask, would this post be considered to be of a cry-baby?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
so PM the Reg. IV Editor....instead of tagging up a thread that has absolutely nothing to do w/ Bellville. Kinda hard not to read FBB's crybaby, whining posts when they're in a NEEDVILLE thread. :rolleyes:

Take that crap somewhere else.

Ask a question and your a crybaby and whiner? Show me were my post is a whining post? You IHstangfan are the crybaby!
GO COLUMBUS GO COLUMBUS GO COLUMBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Ask a question and your a crybaby and whiner? Show me were my post is a whining post? You IHstangfan are the crybaby!
GO COLUMBUS GO COLUMBUS GO COLUMBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! WAAAAAH!!! WAAAAAH!!! WAAAAAH!!! :kiss:

beastyboyz
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Hey IHStang, He is getting done what he wants to. Getting under your skin. That is the way the people from Bellville are. Don't let it bother you they have some "thugs" over there.

what do u mean "thugs"???

Bone Pile
09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
what do u mean "thugs"???

If you know the definition of thugs you should know the answer to the question that YOU asked. Its OK we all have them. But yalls are on 3ADL.

be careful - this thread will be shut down if this thug-fest continues.........................

teetle
09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I's loves Needville I hope theys wins every game except when theys plays Sealy.Cuero was fast. We's could not catches them. Don't underestimate Columbus. They alot better then theys was las year. Goodluck.:eek: :p :hairpunk:

jaydog34
09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I dont think that anybody from Needville is taking Columbus lightly. I just dont think that speed is the major factor to every football game. Execution plays a very big role in teams that are succesful. So does anybody know what the sub varsity games have in store for tonight. For being such a talked about game and current game of the week, i figured that the sub varsity games would be just as appealing as the varsity game is shaping up to be.

IHStangFan
09-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I dont think that anybody from Needville is taking Columbus lightly. I just dont think that speed is the major factor to every football game. Execution plays a very big role in teams that are succesful. So does anybody know what the sub varsity games have in store for tonight. For being such a talked about game and current game of the week, i figured that the sub varsity games would be just as appealing as the varsity game is shaping up to be. Hey jd.....if you find out anything about them could you post them here? Thanks amigo!

onsideanytime
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
from what i hear the Jays will be playing without some of their starters, my nephew is the back up qb and he got all of the snaps this week, he is nervous as hell, also they will be hurting defensively, i know an LB is out and a DE, but they will show up with something to prove after losing last year, i pick jays by 7

jaydog34
09-17-2009, 11:27 AM
they must be battleing some of the flu problems that are going around in the area. i hope they all get better soon but im sure the coaches will have them coached up and ready to go. i might be making the trip tonight to the game IH Stang, so i will post the scores when i get back home. hopefully we will see some of those tricks the jv pulls out of thier sleeves. thats always fun to watch. thanks for the updates onside

IHStangFan
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
they must be battleing some of the flu problems that are going around in the area. i hope they all get better soon but im sure the coaches will have them coached up and ready to go. i might be making the trip tonight to the game IH Stang, so i will post the scores when i get back home. hopefully we will see some of those tricks the jv pulls out of thier sleeves. thats always fun to watch. thanks for the updates onside Thanks jd. I can't wait to get home and get to a game. I should be home in time for the Tidehaven game.

garciap77
09-17-2009, 11:34 AM
My vote for the Blue Jays! Blue Jays by 2 TDs.:)

P.S. Great late game last week. Too bad they Jays lost; they let the game slip away at the end. And the web link going down every 5 minutes was about as annoying as Footballhudini!:mad:

IHStangFan
09-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
My vote for the Blue Jays! Blue Jays by 2 TDs.:)

P.S. Great late game last week. Too bad they Jays lost; they let the game slip away at the end. And the web link going down every 5 minutes was about as annoying as Footballhudini!:mad: yeah...that webcast was suffering wasn't it? LOL.

onsideanytime
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
i wish exkat52 would reply, if he is who i think he is he will have the facts

BB21
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
yeah onside i heard something about some key players being out but i didnt know who it was. i dont know if the jays can afford to lose some quality players like that, but i know those coaches will have something for those red birds no matter who is on the field.

IHStangFan
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BB21
yeah onside i heard something about some key players being out but i didnt know who it was. i dont know if the jays can afford to lose some quality players like that, but i know those coaches will have something for those red birds no matter who is on the field. Are we talking about the sub-varsity teams or the varsity? :eek:

jaydog34
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I dont think anbody is missing from the varsity. I think it is just the jv that is missing some kids. I think either way thier should start being some excitement in the air between these two schools. I know its been dubbed battle of the birds but I think it is much deeper than that. I may be way wrong. I think it all starts tonight. Hey onside tell your nephew good luck tonight and be the man on offense.

Ex-Kat52
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry onside any time, but it appears that we have not been properly introduced. Not that I would drive to Columbus on a Thursday to watch a Freshmen JV football game, but even if I did there is no way I could tell you if a starter was out or not. Don't get me wrong, I like watching football as much as the next person, and will travel far and wide to watch our Varsity boys play. Some of your facts must be mixed up as to who I really am.

Booter11
09-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Columbus and Needville freshmen tied... I think the score was 14-14 but that could be incorrect

onsideanytime
09-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Needville jv 15 Columbus jv 0

Ex-Kat52
09-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Great job Blue Jays. Sounds like a good night, way to set the tone for the varsity game tongiht at the birdcage.

jaydog34
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey onside I take it your nephew played very well last night. Thats awesome. Great job Blue Jays. I heard about the game this morning. I heard that the trickster was in full effect again last night. I wish I had been there to see it.

onsideanytime
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
yea my nephew was trying to explain some of the stuff they do, he said that columbus was scrambling around and they called a timeout, he was mad at himself because he over thew a sure touchdown, we are heading to the deerlease after the game tonite and i am going to get him to draw some of that stuff up
Enter The Bird Cage At Your Own Risk

jaydog34
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Thats cool I bet the kids have fun with that stuff, because its something out of the ordinary. Way to go Jays. Congrats to the coaches for doing such a good job. Defense must have played good to keep that high powered offense out of the endzone. Maybe speed doesnt always kill huh. Hey Stang where you at?

onsideanytime
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
yea defense played well, i think 3 forced fumbles and 4 interceptions, that jv has not been scored on yet

Booter11
09-18-2009, 10:43 AM
i dont how good the needville defense did but i know that columbus's jv had a bunch of turnovers... and the speed on the jv is nothing compared to the speed that the jays will see from the cards tonight

onsideanytime
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
im going to go ahead and say the jays d was pretty good if they FORCED 3 fumbles and INTERCEPTED 4 passes

Booter11
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM
if you would re read my post onsideanytime u would see that i never said the needvilles defense did bad.. i said that i didnt know how they did cuz i was not at the game.. i only heard that columbus had alot of turnovers and because i was told by a fellow columbus fan it was made out to me that they were turnovers not takeaways.. congratulations to needvilles defense on another shut out and their jv team on a win

Bone Pile
09-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I just heard that Needville was taking all bets and would beat Columbus by 21. Man do you really think that is right.
All I can say is don't bet ALL your money because you are gonna need some for pain medicine once the BIG RED MACHINE rolls through Ft.Bend Co. tonight.

Good luck to both teams but it will be the Cardinals by 10 going away.

teetle
09-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Thats good. But thats have nothing to dos with the varsity. Columbus is fast. They is not real big, but theys not small. Theys defense is getting better and better. I sure that Needville is to. Bes a good game to sees. Cardinals wins tho.:eek: :weeping: :weeping:

Move The Chains
09-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Don't really have much to go on. Needville beat teams they were supposed to, so did Columbus.

Needville hung tough with LG, a team, IMO, that is ALOT better than Columbus.

I'll take the blue birds by 10. Don't let me down.

**I won't be surprised if Columbus pulls out a W though.

kingoftheranch
09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
does anybody know of a link to listen to this game over the internet.

Booter11
09-18-2009, 07:53 PM
ya if anybody has updates please post em cuz im outta range of any radio stations covering the game

Booter11
09-18-2009, 07:56 PM
0-0 end of the 1st quarter

Booter11
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
7-0 Needville, beginning of the 1st

Booter11
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
check that beginning of the 2nd

Booter11
09-18-2009, 08:25 PM
13-0 Needville at half

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
13-7 needville third quarter

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:23 PM
21-7 Needville, 10:06 left in the 4th qtr

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Needville 27 Columbus 13... Final... Great game by both teams... Needville's defense was the deciding factor in this game only allowing the
Cards 1 first down in the first half and holding them to 2 tds the entire game... Congratulations to the Jays on a well earned victory, they will definitely make some noise not only in district, but when playoff time comes... Best of luck to Needville in the rest of their season... Get em next week Cards!

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Good JobBlue Jays :)

Great GOTW

Pudlugger
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Congratulations Needville on a solid win against a good Columbus team. Good luck in district 26.

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Good Job Jays! You guys made a statement. Don't take them lightly because they're pretty good this year.