PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Rudder on 1st win

ProudHornetMom
09-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Have to congratulate the Rangers. This is their 2nd year under the great leadership of C.M. Pier. Only good things will come in the future! :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
09-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats to coach Pier and his players. Well deserved 1st win in school history. Coach Pier is a great person.:2thumbsup

Global Swarming
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
No doubt about it. In a couple of years I would love to see what this will do. It's just too bad they will be in a higher classification next year.

Antec
09-14-2009, 06:07 PM
I heard that they will be moving up

Bryan must be growing

cntdwn
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Bryan must be growing

Rumor had it that if there had been a 6A, Bryan might have qualified before Rudder was built

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
First of all, Congratulations to the Rudder Rangers on a great first win. They did it in style too, coming from behind against a decent Brookshire Royal team. This Rudder squad if full of really good athletes that are still no more than juniors. They have the numbers this year to be a 4A school with only three grades in High School and will be at least a big 4A next year. Bryan High had enough students to have two small 5A schools before Ruddder and Rudder will soon be a 5A also.

I predicted in the early summer that Rudder would be a spoiler for some teams in the District and I still think they will be. They have a chance to win a couple of district games and if they get on a roll they might just surprise sone of the top 4.

CHS_Grad '85
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
BISD is working very hard at trying to keep Rudder at 4A status... but with all the new subdivisions going in around the new HS - that maybe a hard task...

cntdwn
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
First of all, Congratulations to the Rudder Rangers on a great first win. They did it in style too, coming from behind against a decent Brookshire Royal team. This Rudder squad if full of really good athletes that are still no more than juniors. They have the numbers this year to be a 4A school with only three grades in High School and will be at least a big 4A next year. Bryan High had enough students to have two small 5A schools before Ruddder and Rudder will soon be a 5A also.

I predicted in the early summer that Rudder would be a spoiler for some teams in the District and I still think they will be. They have a chance to win a couple of district games and if they get on a roll they might just surprise sone of the top 4.

Yea, and nobody better take the Ducks lightly, either...

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I guarantee you that nobody in the district is overlooking Taylor. They had some of the best looking athletes in the district last year and never seemed to gel. Sometimes it seemed the coaching was flawed and sometimes it was just poor execution. But, I saw enough of them to know that if they gel and get a little confidence going, they will be pretty darn good.

ProudHornetMom
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Bryan must be growing

Currently Rudder only has 9,10 and 11 grade. They opened last year with 9 and 10 only and added 11 this year. Next year, they will be adding the 12th grade.

I work for Bryan ISD and worked Rudder's registration this year. :eek: They have some big, strong athletes. I tried to talk them all into specializing in one sport...basketball. :D It didn't work. ;) :(

It would not be wise to take Rudder or Taylor lightley. Rudder found the way to win and it's clicking for their program. Taylor has always had the athletes but were loose cannons at any given time. The Ducks have committed together as a team and believe in their football program.

D24 will definitely not be boring this year.