PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Nobody Talking About..............

nobogey72
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
the Brownwood / Stephenville game? Or did I just miss the thread. I figured several posters would be jumping all over this. (LE dad). I stopped at Whataburger this morning and heard that several players transferred to Early this morning. Is there any truth to that?:D

Rocket
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Not much to talk about. We played Sville with our backups for half the game. They killed us. LOL

nobogey72
09-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Not much to talk about. We played Sville with our backups for half the game. They killed us. LOL

Seriously, I haven't kept up, I heard about Graylon getting hurt but that's all I know. Why playing with backups half the game?

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
the Brownwood / Stephenville game? Or did I just miss the thread. I figured several posters would be jumping all over this. (LE dad). I stopped at Whataburger this morning and heard that several players transferred to Early this morning. Is there any truth to that?:D LOL... What the board is too boring :confused: :confused: Is that what I am hearing. :thinking:

OK, but dang whats funnier than 35 - ZERO ??

:clap:

No, seriously Bwood, sorry bout the injuries and please don't get rolled by Liberty Hill or the pressure by the board will become to great.:D

Go Brownwoo:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

It's all (personal attack) Nobogeys fault:doh:

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Are you happy now!! I try not to talk smack after an LE loss with another impending giant coming in cause LE could get their a$$ handed to them this Friday. :D

Rocket
09-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Seriously, I haven't kept up, I heard about Graylon getting hurt but that's all I know. Why playing with backups half the game?

We have 6-7 players out with injuries. Ratliff and Brown and some others that are 2 way starters are out. Ratliff hardly saw the field. Like 4 carries.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
the Brownwood / Stephenville game? Or did I just miss the thread. I figured several posters would be jumping all over this. (LE dad). I stopped at Whataburger this morning and heard that several players transferred to Early this morning. Is there any truth to that?:D

You should know by now, when Brownwood wins...it's gonna be talked about till the cows come home. And when they lose...the backups were in in the first quarter, every starter lost both his legs to injuries and the refs blew every call that could have helped the Lions. Duhh, come on Nobogey, you're not a rookie. Stop acting like one, you know these things:D

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Rocket will watch film today or tomorrow and gain his composure back and BAMM! The LH and Brownwood thread will explode with theories and such!

Rocket
09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You should know by now, when Brownwood wins...it's gonna be talked about till the cows come home. And when they lose...the backups were in in the first quarter, every starter lost both his legs to injuries and the refs blew every call that could have helped the Lions. Duhh, come on Nobogey, you're not a rookie. Stop acting like one, you know these things:D

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Rocket will watch film today or tomorrow and gain his composure back and BAMM! The LH and Brownwood thread will explode with theories and such!

I know injuries are going to happen but when they happen like this to so many good players, it's hard to concede. If we got beat like that with all of our starters in (or 1 or 2 starters hurt), I would give props. But not like this. Just bad luck. Did we lose? yep, but I still feel great about whats coming.

For those that have never played in Stephenville. You have no idea what you are talking about. The refs are ridiculous, especially in a non district game. It's kind of like Wylie in a District game. :D

Ex-Tiger2005
09-14-2009, 01:30 PM
We have 6-7 players out with injuries. Ratliff and Brown and some others that are 2 way starters are out. Ratliff hardly saw the field. Like 4 carries.

Are any of them done for the year? I heard two or three might miss the rest of the year??? Thats no good if its true.

Tin Cup
09-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm my opinion there isn't a team in 3a that can take their 3 or 4 best players out of the game and beat sville in sville. Could be wrong. Brownwoods offense is hurry hurry hurry pedal floored. When the qb Went down we were not only more limited, we were riding the breaks

rockdale80
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Nothing to talk about. Brownwood got thumped....

As usual. ;)

Bullaholic
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM

For those that have never played in Stephenville. You have no idea what you are talking about. The refs are ridiculous, especially in a non district game. It's kind of like Wylie in a District game. :D

Oh horse hocky, Rocket. I sympathize with the injuries in Brownwood, and I will go along with your usual banter concerning the Lions.

In a lot of years of watching football from pee wee to the pros, I can say that I have never seen a single documented case of team bias by an official. It may have happened somewhere, sometime along the way in an isolated incident, and maybe they even got away with it---but it was never proven. Most bad officiatng calls are strictly that--bad officiating--which is an indication of ineptitude, but not personal bias. IMO, all these stories of officials in certain chapters being biased for one team or another are simply so much hogwash contrived by disgruntled fans.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I know injuries are going to happen but when they happen like this to so many good players, it's hard to concede. If we got beat like that with all of our starters in (or 1 or 2 starters hurt), I would give props. But not like this. Just bad luck. Did we lose? yep, but I still feel great about whats coming.

I'm just messing with you homie. If you can't tell, my last 5-6 posts on the board have been aimed to get your goat:devil: :D It's gonna be a LONG week:stirpot: :evilgrin: :evil: :evillol: :inlove:

turbostud
09-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Funny thing is I went looking for that thread earlier this morning and couldnt find it. I was wondering why it got so quiet in that thread.

RedWhiteBlue
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh horse hocky, Rocket. I sympathize with the injuries in Brownwood, and I will go along with your usual banter concerning the Lions.

In a lot of years of watching football from pee wee to the pros, I can say that I have never seen a single documented case of team bias by an official. It may have happened somewhere, sometime along the way in an isolated incident, and maybe they even got away with it---but it was never proven. Most bad officiatng calls are strictly that--bad officiating--which is an indication of ineptitude, but not personal bias. IMO, all these stories of officials in certain chapters being biased for one team or another are simply so much hogwash contrived by disgruntled fans. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Funny thing is I went looking for that thread earlier this morning and couldnt find it. I was wondering why it got so quiet in that thread. :D 101 posts I think? Time to put that 1 to bed. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Ranger Mom
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
And when they lose...the backups were in in the first quarter, every starter lost both his legs to injuries ...

I have had a really crappy day and that made me laugh really hard..........Thanks!!!
:D :D :D :D

lulu
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM

What the heck went on Rocket? I've heard nothing.:(

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM

In a lot of years of watching football from pee wee to the pros, I can say that I have never seen a single documented case of team bias by an official. It may have happened somewhere, sometime along the way in an isolated incident, and maybe they even got away with it---but it was never proven. Most bad officiatng calls are strictly that--bad officiating--which is an indication of ineptitude, but not personal bias. IMO, all these stories of officials in certain chapters being biased for one team or another are simply so much hogwash contrived by disgruntled fans.

Not saying the officials are necessarily biased. It was a joke with a shot at Wylie mixed in. It is, however, a very hostile environment. Stephenville plays a very physical style of football and they test out the refs. Some refs are tight and some are very loose. If the refs are loose, they will push the limits. It's been like this since Briles was there. For example, late hits, early hits on WR's and so on. Like I said, unless you have played there as many years as we have, you wouldn't know. ;)

At least I am giving you something to do Bullaholic...LOL Looks like Bridgeport is struggling. All of your district having a hard time for that matter. Will Bridgeport be ok or are you guys down this year?

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm just messing with you homie. If you can't tell, my last 5-6 posts on the board have been aimed to get your goat:devil: :D It's gonna be a LONG week:stirpot: :evilgrin: :evil: :evillol: :inlove:

LOL I know... You guys have to be a little scared of Shipley. Or are you confident you are going to whip his butt? Be honest.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have had a really crappy day and that made me laugh really hard..........Thanks!!!

Wow, you are easily entertained. :rolleyes:

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM

For those that have never played in Stephenville. You have no idea what you are talking about. The refs are ridiculous, D

Rocket pulled the Ref Card? :D
j/k hope the injured guys come back soon

ccmom
09-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Lucky for us, the officials will be from the Abilene chapter when Wylie comes to play the Backwoods Kitty Cats. :devil: I think Nobogey is flying them in on his purple and gold Cessna, as well as providing complimentary nachos for the crew. ;) It's all part of our "Adopt a Zebra" program. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Are any of them done for the year? I heard two or three might miss the rest of the year??? Thats no good if its true.

Brown (QB) might be done for the year.

Pancake_Block
09-14-2009, 02:24 PM

Well Said:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Lucky for us, the officials will be from the Abilene chapter when Wylie comes to play the Backwoods Kitty Cats. :devil: I think Nobogey is flying them in on his purple and gold Cessna, as well as providing complimentary nachos for the crew. ;) It's all part of our "Adopt a Zebra" program. :rolleyes:

Bull..nobogey never shares nachos or gives them away. When I saw him at halftime last year he had nacho cheese stains all over his shirt. Looked like he had been drinking the stuff.

You are going to need all the help you can get again this year to beat Brownwood. Last year, the refs sealed the deal for you and you know it.:thinking:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Rocket pulled the Ref Card? :D
j/k hope the injured guys come back soon

I would never pull the ref card unless it decides a game. Like Bwd vs. Wylie last year.

gibby
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Rocket

Hope you don't have any season ending injuries. It was just one game.
Gotta play next week so get up, dust off, it aint gonna get any easier. As an AW fan, I would like to see BW at it's best when we meet in the Woods. Just a fan prespective.

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Lucky for us, the officials will be from the Abilene chapter when Wylie comes to play the Backwoods Kitty Cats. :devil: I think Nobogey is flying them in on his purple and gold Cessna, as well as providing complimentary nachos for the crew. ;) It's all part of our "Adopt a Zebra" program. :rolleyes: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Rocket

Hope you don't have any season ending injuries. It was just one game.
Gotta play next week so get up, dust off, it aint gonna get any easier. As an AW fan, I would like to see BW at it's best when we meet in the Woods. Just a fan prespective.

Trust me..I have all the respect in the world for Wylie and you will get your wish. I am just nervous about our QB. I think it is pretty bad. Either way, you will get to see Shipley play. I could QB and get him the ball... ;)

ccmom
09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Brown (QB) might be done for the year.

Well, that's a shame if he is. I wish him, and your other injured players a speedy recovery. :)

nobogey72
09-14-2009, 02:44 PM

That many injuries is generally a sign of a "WEAK" offseason program, which I always suspected. How many 2-way starters do ya'll have anyway? If you say more than 11 then I'm gonna have to call BS. Having that many 2-way starters is generally a sign of a "WEAK" gene pool, and "WEAK" offseason program.:D Ya'll do have a nice lake though. Football isn't everything, hold your head high.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
That many injuries is generally a sign of a "WEAK" offseason program, which I always suspected. How many 2-way starters do ya'll have anyway? If you say more than 11 then I'm gonna have to call BS. Having that many 2-way starters is generally a sign of a "WEAK" gene pool, and "WEAK" offseason program.:D Ya'll do have a nice lake though. Football isn't everything, hold your head high.

I think we have 12 2 way starters this year. Don't quote me on that, though.

Just bad luck. I know these kids busted their tails this offseason.

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
That many injuries is generally a sign of a "WEAK" offseason program, which I always suspected. How many 2-way starters do ya'll have anyway? If you say more than 11 then I'm gonna have to call BS. Having that many 2-way starters is generally a sign of a "WEAK" gene pool, and "WEAK" offseason program.:D Ya'll do have a nice lake though. Football isn't everything, hold your head high. :1omg!: I just realized, Its "national kick a man while he is down day " . Nobogey is celebrating in style. :D

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Just bad luck. I know these kids busted their tails this offseason.

with that many 2-way starters - you'd NEVER go deep in the playoffs anyway.....(SAID WITH SARCASM) Cuero usually has 5/6 guys going both ways every year.. :p just what you gotta do :)

Again - I hope the QB is OK -

lostaussie
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

OK, but dang whats funnier than 35 - ZERO ??

oh let me try:D..................hmmm 35-17:devil:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
with that many 2-way starters - you'd NEVER go deep in the playoffs anyway.....(SAID WITH SARCASM) Cuero usually has 5/6 guys going both ways every year.. :p just what you gotta do :)

Again - I hope the QB is OK -

No..I am not saying all of those that got injured are 2 way starters. I think we only have 3 or 4 Two way starters. Oh and Shipley hasn't played a down for us yet.

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
oh let me try:D..................hmmm 35-17:devil: :thinking: Hmm:spitlol: Nope, lot easier to spell out Zero and it even has a good ring in Espanol.

:rolleyes: Good day mate :doh: now carry on smartly or at least semi so :doh:

Bullaholic
09-14-2009, 03:16 PM

At least I am giving you something to do Bullaholic...LOL Looks like Bridgeport is struggling. All of your district having a hard time for that matter. Will Bridgeport be ok or are you guys down this year?

The Bulls are 1-2, Rocket, and are trying to get the offense in a better sync/rhythm---they are not hitting on all the cylinders yet, but I feel they will find themselves before district. The "D" has been pretty good and consistent. They should be fine from here on in. I think we will make the playoffs just fine, but I don't know this far out how deep we might go.

pirate4state
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
No..I am not saying all of those that got injured are 2 way starters. I think we only have 3 or 4 Two way starters. Oh and Shipley hasn't played a down for us yet.

You make my head hurt.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM

You're welcome!:)

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
LOL I know... You guys have to be a little scared of Shipley. Or are you confident you are going to whip his butt? Be honest.

Shipley scares me, but that depleted talent pool that Brownwood always has reassures me:D

See, in Burnet he had NFL caliber players. Literally. In Brownwood, the only one he has that's worth anything is on the sideline:devil: Everyone else on the your team could barely make the LH JV team. Yeah the same LH JV team that got drove last year against the all mighty Wood.:p :taunt:

ccmom
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I would never pull the ref card unless it decides a game. Like Bwd vs. Wylie last year.

To answer your question, Nobogey...THIS is one of the many reasons nobody was talking about it. :rolleyes: Some of us hoped to get through a Monday without all that irritating whining! :D

RedWhiteBlue
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
To answer your question, Nobogey...THIS is one of the many reasons nobody was talking about it. :rolleyes: Some of us hoped to get through a Monday without all that irritating whining! :D
:( I agree.... where is that guy beating the dead horse picture when we need it??:rolleyes: :doh:

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
:( I agree.... where is that guy beating the dead horse picture when we need it??:rolleyes: :doh: That horse ain't dead yet:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

DaHop72
09-14-2009, 04:47 PM
:( I agree.... where is that guy beating the dead horse picture when we need it??:rolleyes: :doh: http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM
:( I agree.... where is that guy beating the dead horse picture when we need it??:rolleyes: :doh:
http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

GrTigers6
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Just bad luck. I know these kids busted their tails this offseason. I dont know if I'm having a monday or not but how can a team have 12 two way starters that means your entire offense goes over to the defense too. Not even in 1a does that happen.There is always one or two players that don't play the other, plus you would get illegal substitution penalties every play. :D

spaniard
09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
that picture is pretty fantastic, not sure who photoshopped it, but they did a great job replacing the printer/copier from the movie, hehe

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
that picture is pretty fantastic, not sure who photoshopped it, but they did a great job replacing the printer/copier from the movie, hehe
:wave: :wave: Welcome back!

Rocket
09-14-2009, 05:25 PM

Y'all gonna play a 3A this week?

Rocket
09-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I dont know if I'm having a monday or not but how can a team have 12 two way starters that means your entire offense goes over to the defense too. Not even in 1a does that happen.There is always one or two players that don't play the other, plus you would get illegal substitution penalties every play. :D

It is impossible to have 12 2 way starters. It was a joke.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You make my head hurt.

This from a TO fan? He is the biggest crybaby, dead horse beater there is. I figured you would love you some me. LOL

GrTigers6
It is impossible to have 12 2 way starters. It was a joke. Ok just checking :D Told ya Im just having a monday:D

GrTigers6
Thats what happens when you come in on the end of a conversation. LOL

spaniard
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:wave: :wave: Welcome back!

thank you miss ma'am, congrats by the way on the past several years of apparent success, I live in a 6-man town now and can't bring myself to go watch them even thought they're ranked in the top 5 in the state in their div...i miss real football a lot!

Ranger Mom
09-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow, you are easily entertained. :rolleyes:

Well yes.....yes I am! I guess that's why I find you so funny too!!:D

I can find humor in ALMOST anything, which is why I get a kick out of the few of y'all that really think y'all are getting a rise out of me.

Some of y'all are just too easy!!:p

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Okay MOM, now your letting out my secret. Yeah, I'm easy, but, I'm cheap too.

Rocket
09-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Well yes.....yes I am! I guess that's why I find you so funny too!!:D

I can find humor in ALMOST anything, which is why I get a kick out of the few of y'all that really think y'all are getting a rise out of me.

Some of y'all are just too easy!!:p

Awwwww...I know, RM..I know.

RedWhiteBlue
09-15-2009, 07:53 AM
No, actually we chose a 6 man team as a homecoming opponent just to mix things up a bit... is that a problem??:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
And speaking of dead horses....:doh: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
y'all are getting a rise out of me.

:eek: :eek: Knew there was sumpin different about you..... :p

nobogey72
09-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Man, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's next. That's the last thing in the world that I would try to do. I think we should all just try to get along. For example: I think the Graham posters should try and take into cosideration the general low IQ of the Brownwood posters------ and likewise I think the Brownwood posters should overlook the loose morals and lack of integrity of the Graham posters. Please stop the bickering!!!!!!!:D :D

RedWhiteBlue
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Man, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's next. That's the last thing in the world that I would try to do. I think we should all just try to get along. For example: I think the Graham posters should try and take into cosideration the general low IQ of the Brownwood posters------ and likewise I think the Brownwood posters should overlook the loose morals and lack of integrity of the Graham posters. Please stop the bickering!!!!!!!:D :D
Thanks Bogey.... :kiss: :inlove: There is just a ton of Graham posters all over the board!!!:doh: :rolleyes:

nobogey72
09-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks Bogey.... :kiss: :inlove: There is just a ton of Graham posters all over the board!!!:doh: :rolleyes:

Soooooooo...... your point would be???????????????????:confused: :confused: :kiss:

Rocket
09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
RWB and grahampaw.. LOL

RedWhiteBlue
09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Soooooooo...... your point would be???????????????????:confused: :confused: :kiss:
My point would be...... I owe you one, sweetheart!!!:kiss: ;)

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 11:48 AM

hahaha!!!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
09-17-2009, 07:09 AM

:thinking: the "Rocket Theory" is solid so far!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg

Careful Nobogey! Don't :stirpot: it might skew my Theory!

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:thinking: the "Rocket Theory" is solid so far!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg

Careful Nobogey! Don't :stirpot: it might skew my Theory! :thumbsup: Looking accurate thus far.:D