PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Bulldogs

captain d
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I have watched our kids play against alot of Wylie Teams and have followed them from a distance. Could this be one of the best groups they have had? After what they did to Vernon and a very good frenship team, will they be challenged in non district play and is there someone in the district that will man up and give them a run for the title? They really are playing well!

Buckeye80
09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by captain d
I have watched our kids play against alot of Wylie Teams and have followed them from a distance. Could this be one of the best groups they have had? After what they did to Vernon and a very good frenship team, will they be challenged in non district play and is there someone in the district that will man up and give them a run for the title? They really are playing well!

And the one first place vote for Abilene Wylie in the DL poll came from me! Everyone else can just wait and see I guess!

slingshot
09-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Shhh... We're just another Region 1 team--you know, slow, small, can't compete with Region 2 or Region 3 teams. Don't even pay any attention to us. ;)

STANG RED
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I dont think Wylie can look past Graham or a healthy Bwood team, but the rest of the district shouldnt pose much problem for them. And they only get better come playoff time. At the moment it appears Wylie and Monahans are clearly the best two teams in R1. I'd love to see those two go head to head.

markp08
09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Shhh... We're just another Region 1 team--you know, slow, small, can't compete with Region 2 or Region 3 teams. Don't even pay any attention to us. ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's keep it that way for about 13 more weeks.

Tres Lobos
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Monahans and Wylie battled it out in a dang good scrimmage. But i'm with stang red, i'd love to see these 2 teams play in a real game.

Aesculus gilmus
09-14-2009, 06:31 AM
I foresaw a Wylie-Gilmer rematch as long ago as May.

However, Chapel Hill may disrupt my prediction by sneaking into the Division I playoffs. I was never all that confident about Spring Hill's chances and I'm even less so now.

garciap77
09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by captain d

To early to tell if they are one of the best groups yet! You better believe we will be challenged once we get into district. They are playing great, but we better not take anyone lightly, or thing that the season is going to be a cake walk! IMO

Rocket
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Wylie is awesome. Keep rolling. October 9th will be a blast.

markp08
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Wylie is awesome. Keep rolling. October 9th will be a blast.

I can't wait. Football in Brownwood with Wylie and the Lions playing....should be an awesome game!

TinyTim
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by markp08
I can't wait. Football in Brownwood with Wylie and the Lions playing....should be an awesome game!

It will be IF the Lions get healthy. They took another huge loss. No three huge losses last Friday night.

This Wylie team is really good because the linemen on both sides of the ball are really comming around. The line coaches are the best around, hands down. That's why Wylie, under the direction of Hugh, can do so much.

Wylie will be the D-I representative from our district. All they have to do is show up in order to make another playoff run. But the real accomplishment would be to have the State Champs from the same district in D-I and D-II.

HEMOTOXIC
09-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Good win vs Frenship! :clap: