PDA

View Full Version : Hey keith7 here's why the eagles suck

yoe64
09-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Mcnabb broke his ribs.

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
McNabb is the ONLY thing I like about the Eagles... they have always sucked, now they just totally suck!

yoe64
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah now the dog killing era can begin.........

Keith7
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
First you got it wrong.. he fractured a rib.. Can likely still play with it..

Second he fractured a rib and the Eagles still won 38-10.. I'd like to see what would happen if Phony Homo went down.. Oh wait, we saw that last year w/ the whole brad johnson fiasco.. that worked out real well didn't it

Emerson1
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
McNabb played in 21 games in 2005, 2006.

yoe64
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
umm first of all your wrong. He played 2 games with a broken finger. But it doesn't matter because this just gives andy reid a reason to put in dog killer.

Emerson1
09-13-2009, 04:13 PM
And Vick is suspended until week 3. So now starts the Kevin Kolb era

Keith7
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
umm first of all your wrong. He played 2 games with a broken finger. But it doesn't matter because this just gives andy reid a reason to put in dog killer.

I'm wrong?? Phony Homo didn't sit out any games last year??

Keith7
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
And Vick is suspended until week 3. So now starts the Kevin Kolb era

IF McNabb doesn't play but in all likely hood he will play

yoe64
09-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'm wrong?? Phony Homo didn't sit out any games last year??
yes he did. after he hurt something else i cant remember what it was after he was playing with a broken finger

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I am a fan of Philly's defense after today. I could
have only started them and AP and still won in
my work league this week.

XtremeCouture
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
actually the eagles didn't do a damn thing without mcnabb. the td run he got hurt on made it 38-10 so the eagles offense choked without him. therefore the eagles can not score without mcnabb at qb

Keith7
09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
actually the eagles didn't do a damn thing without mcnabb. the td run he got hurt on made it 38-10 so the eagles offense choked without him. therefore the eagles can not score without mcnabb at qb

HAHA you probably didn't notice this but the Eagles put in their entire second team after McNabb went out.. LeSean McCoy was running the ball and Kolb was throwing to the likes of Leonard Weaver and Hank Baskett.. But nice try

scrub c
09-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
Yeah now the dog killing era can begin.........

Why hate on the dog killer?
Couple of things here...
#1. Pitbull killer... good thing..
#2. How many NFL players do WAY worse things and get WAY less punishment???
#3. He has served his time, let him move on...

carter08
09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Go Coogs! Go Kevin Kolb!

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
IF McNabb doesn't play but in all likely hood he will play

And Keith heard this from Andy Reed himself:thinking:

Keith7
09-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Ive heard of people play with a fractured rib before so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

GrTigers6
09-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Ive heard of people play with a fractured rib before so it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Mcnabb has played with worse injuries so I bet he will at least try. He did finish a game with a broken leg. :thinking:
I just wonder how effective he will be. Kolb just needs some confidence from his team to take over and be succesfull.

yoe64
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Why hate on the dog killer?
Couple of things here...
#1. Pitbull killer... good thing..
#2. How many NFL players do WAY worse things and get WAY less punishment???
#3. He has served his time, let him move on...
Haha im not hating. I totally agree with 1. 2. and 3. Especially number 2. and idtds so true. Im sick of all the Vick bashing. Just said it jokingly.

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's a legitimate question about McNabb though...I saw where Andy Reid said McNabb was going to do everything he possibly could to try to play this week.

Let's say that he does play this week, and he gets sacked or takes a hit a couple of times...then again next week, and so on and so forth.

Isn't he risking both further injury and the ability to heal properly by playing through it? Let's say he could sit for 3 weeks right now and come back 100%...would you rather him do that, or know that he could very well play the rest of the season around 80%?

Personally, I understand that McNabb wants to be a leader and play through it, but at what potential long-term ramification? If I were an Eagles fan, i think I'd want Donovan to take a few weeks off, even if it meant losing a couple of games and fighting for a wild card instead of home field advantage, because come December and January, that team isn't going to anything if McNabb isn't fully healthy.

Bullaholic
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Here's a legitimate question about McNabb though...I saw where Andy Reid said McNabb was going to do everything he possibly could to try to play this week.

Let's say that he does play this week, and he gets sacked or takes a hit a couple of times...then again next week, and so on and so forth.

Isn't he risking both further injury and the ability to heal properly by playing through it? Let's say he could sit for 3 weeks right now and come back 100%...would you rather him do that, or know that he could very well play the rest of the season around 80%?

Personally, I understand that McNabb wants to be a leader and play through it, but at what potential long-term ramification? If I were an Eagles fan, i think I'd want Donovan to take a few weeks off, even if it meant losing a couple of games and fighting for a wild card instead of home field advantage, because come December and January, that team isn't going to anything if McNabb isn't fully healthy.

I like Donovan McNabb--he has proven that he is a true warrior by leading his team and playing hurt many seasons. I agree with crzy---sooner or later the Eagles are going to have to come to terms with the reality that McNabb isn't getting any younger and it will be harder and harder for him to bounce back from injury and play effectively. I think McNabb has the drive to play, but unfortunately I think his body is going to fail him and he will have to hang it up pretty soon.

Keith7
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM

Well if McNabb plays next week and further injures himself, then thats ok because the Eagles have the best back up QB in the league starting week 3..

Honestly McNabb has played through injuries many times and did fine.. Look at what he did with a sports hernia and a broken ankle against the Cardinals 6 seasons ago.. I'm not too worried about him either way..

Keith7
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
oh by the way, we got Jeff Garcia back too.. So that makes 3 pro bowl QBs on the Eagles roster now..

Bullaholic
09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
oh by the way, we got Jeff Garcia back too.. So that makes 3 pro bowl QBs on the Eagles roster now..

Well, at least with the Eagles they may be able to look forward to another Pro Bowl---but never a Super Bowl. :D

espn1
09-14-2009, 05:01 PM
The Eagles suck because they always have! So do the Red Skins!

yoe64
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by espn1
The Eagles suck because they always have! So do the Red Skins!

You are a very smart man.

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Now that's interesting...considering how badly McNabb wanted him gone after '06 because he felt he was a threat, McNabb could potentially be dealing with TWO threats behind him now...I can't see them keeping Vick and Garcia if McNabb can play.

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Well if McNabb plays next week and further injures himself, then thats ok because the Eagles have the best back up QB in the league starting week 3..

Honestly McNabb has played through injuries many times and did fine.. Look at what he did with a sports hernia and a broken ankle against the Cardinals 6 seasons ago.. I'm not too worried about him either way..

1. Did you watch the preseason and how Vick played, he is nowhere near being a viable starting quaterback yet (notice Keith I said YET, give him some time and he will be back to form but he will not be close to ready if he has to start week 3)

2.You want us to look at what McNabb did how many seasons ago??? You gotta be kindding me if you are using 6 seasons ago as a point of reference.

3.Its just a matter of time before westbrook goes down for good this season and where will the eagles be then?

Keith7
09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

3.Its just a matter of time before westbrook goes down for good this season and where will the eagles be then?

With the best rookie running back in the league.. LeSean McCoy.. You see the Eagles did a good job in the offseason covering all bases in case stuff like this were to happen

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
With the best rookie running back in the league.. LeSean McCoy.. You see the Eagles did a good job in the offseason covering all bases in case stuff like this were to happen

One game into the season and you;re already appointing McCoy as best rookie RB in the league? Dont get me wrong he will probably is the best rookie RB but do you honestly expect him to be able to come in a fill in as an adequate replacement if Westbrook goes out for the season, especially if he is play with Vick or Garcia behind center instead of McNabb?

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Now that's interesting...considering how badly McNabb wanted him gone after '06 because he felt he was a threat, McNabb could potentially be dealing with TWO threats behind him now...I can't see them keeping Vick and Garcia if McNabb can play.

McNabb is a tough guy, but he's a big time crybaby. He's already thrown a fit this pre-season when Vick entered the game earlier than planned and took some snaps away from McNabb. I respect him, but man oh man I do not like him.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Moreno in Denver? Wells in Arizona?:thinking:

Oh. I forgot. You're the most biased poster on the board:devil:

Keith7
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Moreno in Denver? Wells in Arizona?:thinking:

Oh. I forgot. You're the most biased poster on the board:devil:

Yea check Moreno and Wells' stats.. Oh wait.. I forgot, that would make too much sense :devil:

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Yea check Moreno and Wells' stats.. Oh wait.. I forgot, that would make too much sense :devil:

yeah check their stats after one game in the NFL and you can jump to the "LOGICAL" conclusion that McCoy is the best lol

Keith7
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
yeah check their stats after one game in the NFL and you can jump to the "LOGICAL" conclusion that McCoy is the best lol

Well what else would you go by?? Draft picks?? I don't think so, that has made a lot of people look dumb too many times

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Well what else would you go by?? Draft picks?? I don't think so, that has made a lot of people look dumb too many times

i'm not saying that, I'm just saying it may be a little too soon to proclaim someone the best by looking at one game of work...and dont forget I lean towards McCoy being the best of the rookie group but it will take time before we know for sure