PDA

View Full Version : Riley Dodge

trojan37
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I saw where he hurt his shoulder yesterday in the game vs. Ohio. Does anyone know if he will be able to play this week? Just curious because it makes for an interesting matchup between former Southlake Carroll QB's when they play Alabama and former SLC QB Greg McElroy. No doubt in my mind Alabama will roll in this won, I just think it's cool that they will play against each other in college if in fact Dodge can play.

Keith7
09-13-2009, 02:35 PM
I haven't heard anything but I know it was his non-throwing shoulder.. Honestly I think they should sit him out regardless.. Nothing for UNT to gain playing him.. Just let Tune get knocked around by Bama take the money and get ready for the Sun Belt.. Of course I'm sure the Dodges won't think that way

Keith7
09-14-2009, 12:17 PM
It ended up being a second-degree separation on his non-throwing shoulder.. He is likely out 2-3 weeks.. Celina fans will be happy to know that Nathan Tune will start for the Mean Green while Riley is out..

firstdown
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Nathan Tune was a heck of a player for Celina and seemed like a good kid also, I wouldn't blame The Bobcat Nation for being happy.

Rabid Cougar
09-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Glen Rose's Derek Thompson is somewhere in the mix

tigerfan09
09-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I remember Riley as a Kindergartener sitting with his daddy Todd at the Cameron Yoe pep rallies back in 94 and 95...

Keith7
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Glen Rose's Derek Thompson is somewhere in the mix

He is now the third string "emergency quarterback".. UNT is trying red shirt him tho so I don't see him getting any in anytime soon

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Nathan Tune was a heck of a player for Celina and seemed like a good kid also, I wouldn't blame The Bobcat Nation for being happy.

Yeah buddy tune is a good kid. Happy to see him get some playin time. He deserves it.

LLM_1331
09-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Went to Denton and watch UNT play Saturday, they had this game won until Dodge went down. Tune is a great athlete, although he has a strange throwing motion. This week will be tough for North Texas. I do not think it is worth the money to put kid's at risk against a power like Alabama.

GrTigers6
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
He is now the third string "emergency quarterback".. UNT is trying red shirt him tho so I don't see him getting any in anytime soon So he isnt backing up Tune?

Keith7
09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
So he isnt backing up Tune?

Nope Chase Baine is..

Baine was QB for Lake Dallas a couple years back.. Walked on as a wide receiver and redshirted last season and then Dodge converted him back to QB in the spring after then starting QB Giovanni Vizza left the program..

GrTigers6
09-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Nope Chase Baine is..

Baine was QB for Lake Dallas a couple years back.. Walked on as a wide receiver and redshirted last season and then Dodge converted him back to QB in the spring after then starting QB Giovanni Vizza left the program.. Oh ok I saw him on the roster but wasnt sure how Derek fell in the depth chart. it would be better to red shirt only being a year behind Riley.