PDA

View Full Version : College Football vs NFL Football

Old Tiger
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
For me I just can't seem to get excited about NFL games as much as I do about college football. I will be watching a college football game and see something and jump up with excitement. I can't get the same excitement about a similar play in the NFL.

Anyone feel the same or care to share your opinion?

Cameron Crazy
09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Basically you can put it like this, college football is so much better than the NFL because there is so much more passion and love for the game.

NFL football just bugs me beyond belief and is quite boring. I don't even like watching the Cowboys anymore because it feels like they just don't get me to enjoy the game.

Maroon87
09-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I feel the same..there's just more intensity in the college game. Or seems to be.

yoe64
09-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Get into Fantasy Football. Much more exciting. lol

Old Tiger
09-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
Get into Fantasy Football. Much more exciting. lol I'm in two leagues and its still not exciting.

Cameron Crazy
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm in two leagues and its still not exciting. My point exactly. Thats why I wouldn't do Fantasy Football for that reason. If I can't get into the game and enjoy I won't waste my time doing anything with it.

yoe64
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh. well thats the only reason I'm into it..plus watchin the cowboys is a big plus

Tx Challenge
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Add me to the list. I seldom watch the NFL. I just don't get into it at all. Give me a college game any day.

PhiI C
09-13-2009, 01:53 PM
It all depends on the situations.

I like NFL football better in the 90s because Dallas was winning and had three super bowl titles.

Then Dallas stopped winning and UT started winning in this decade and got a national championship in 2005 so now college football is better.

:)

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 01:56 PM
For me I just can't seem to get excited about NFL games as much as I do about college football. I will be watching a college football game and see something and jump up with excitement. I can't get the same excitement about a similar play in the NFL.

Anyone feel the same or care to share your opinion? [/

I have always been a big NFL guy and still am. I love the college game too but I think I like NFL more because it feels like I know the players a little bit better... It always confuses me when people say they like college better because they play for the love of the game but then a sophomore or junior jumps to the NFL as soon as they get a chance... I dont blame them, just think fans think what they want to think when they thruth is right there in your face

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yoe64
Get into Fantasy Football. Much more exciting. lol

Don't do fantasy football, I have a couple of other fantasy web sites.... But thats a whole nuther story....:rolleyes: :D

big daddy russ
09-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Add me to the list. I seldom watch the NFL. I just don't get into it at all. Give me a college game any day.
I'm with Challenge and everyone else here. I was big into fantasy football for about five years, but just don't care much for the pro game on whole.

When something big happens at an NFL game, 50% of the crowd gets into it. Meanwhile, maybe 15% of the crowd is really into the whole game, so you don't feel as much of the ebb and flow that comes with a first down, a big stop, or a big hit. And that's at "big, intense" venues such as KC and Denver.

At a decent college game, 50% of the crowd is into the whole game, and 98% is screaming when something big happens. Even when you're just watching it on TV, you can feel the emotion, momentum, and tension of the game. The NFL has never been able do duplicate that and it's unlikely that they ever will.

Which is why you have five college stadiums that sell out 100k + but only one NFL stadium that seats more than 90k. There are also 20 college stadiums that are larger than the NFL's second-largest stadium, the new Cowboys stadium. And all those college stadiums sell out on a regular basis.

trojan37
09-13-2009, 02:13 PM
NFL was better when I was growing up. Those guys back in the 70's seem to play with more passion and more intensity than they do now. It's all about money now, and I think that is what makes me hate it so much. I think the salaries are outrageous, and people like Crabtree royally piss me off.

rangerjoe33
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
College is definitely more exciting to watch. I usually start watching the NFL more during the playoffs or when there are good teams playing in a high profile game like two 1 loss or undefeateds playing in the 8 or 9th week on a Monday night.

As far as watching football in general I prefer High School, then College, then the NFL for the simple reason that was stated earlier, there is more passion and love of the game by players and fans both at the lower levels. There is also more community pride and involvment as well.

eagleqb_14
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I can watch any game of college football... today i was watchin giants and redskins and i fell asleep... its just not as exciting to me.

DU_stud04
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
i used to be a big high school/ college fan and never liked the nfl till about 2 seasons ago. i still like the college games, but dont find any interest in any of them anymore... nfl games are great, i like watching the best of the best every week.

Tiger Turtle
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I can watch a little NFL if I have nothing else important to do and I appreciate the athleticism and the execution of the guys who play at the highest level. I have no allegiance to any NFL team because I feel the players are a bunch of mercenaries who don't really give a hoot as long as they are making more millions than the guy lining up next to them. I know this is probably not reality, but it is how I feel. To me, Texas high school football is the best (followed by Texas A&M). :D

coach
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
one of the problems of the nfl is you cant get into a groove watching the game because they take soo many commercial breaks. There is no rhythm whatsoever....but in all honestly...football is football...if its a good matchup i can watch it.

Leopards,class of 75
09-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
It all depends on the situations.

I like NFL football better in the 90s because Dallas was winning and had three super bowl titles.

Then Dallas stopped winning and UT started winning in this decade and got a national championship in 2005 so now college football is better.

:) I agree with you Phil C. Hopefully it won't be too much longer when the Cowboy's start winning in the playoffs! And just maybe the Longhorns can make another run for another title! But like you said, it does depend on the situation!!!!!

pirate4state
09-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Anyone feel the same or care to share your opinion?

I think you make it what you want to make it. I love watching all football, but really get crazy over the NFL. I will cuss & make an idiot out of myself while watching a Cowboy game. I usually don't act that way watching college football and/or a high school game.