PDA

View Full Version : yesterday i became a U of H fan

lostaussie
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
game was great and Case Keenum was fabulous. very gritty football player and really fun to watch. i don't dislike okie state, i just thought it was a fun game to watch.

navscanmaster
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree. I have always kind of pulled for them, I think subliminally because of the history of Phi Slamma Jamma!:D

I am pulling for OSU because of Dexter Pratt now, and the huge presence of Texas players on their roster. But UH really turned it on yesterday. I hope they stick with it and have a shot at going undefeated. We will just have to wait, watch, and see I guess.

Old Green
09-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I've always been a fan of the U of H. I've followed the cougars since the 70's. I have had lots of friends and relatives start for them and having seen Keenum play against Cuero and doing good there makes me a more rabid fan.

STANG RED
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Briles really got that program turned around a few years ago. I wondered if they were going to be able to keep it going since he left. Well I think they have answered that question.

I know they play TT at some point soon. Do they have anyone else on their schedule that could give them trouble? And where do they play TT? I'd love to see this game, if it happens to be in Lubbock.

FbCoachB40
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
TT is in Houston about 2 or 3 weeks out

Cameron Crazy
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Well, they sure did play some good ball. Plus, its cool watching Keenum play because we played against him when he was at Wylie.

They sure did prove that they can do some damage and prove to everyone that they are legit. I was hoping to see them ranked in the top 25 for the win against the #6 Okie Lite team. But, I didn't get to see that.

If they continue to play like they are, you best watch out cause we might have a new heisman contender on our hands in Keenum.

carter08
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Go Coogs!

injuredinmelee
09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Briles really got that program turned around a few years ago. I wondered if they were going to be able to keep it going since he left. Well I think they have answered that question.

I know they play TT at some point soon. Do they have anyone else on their schedule that could give them trouble? And where do they play TT? I'd love to see this game, if it happens to be in Lubbock.

Robertson stadium on the 26th. Tech will still be licking thier wounds from the UT game the week before.

markp08
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

...Picked U of H to got 11-1 this year with their one loss being Okie St. I think they stand a very good chance of being undefeated at this point. They're only other competitive game is TT on Sept. 26, then it's into Conference USA where they are the class of the conference.

1st and goal
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I remember the days when the southwest conference teams were afraid of the coogs and kept voting them out. Finally, they got in the SWC and proceeded to whip everybody's @rses.

Hanging close to a hundred points on 'em for a few years.

Robert Newhouse was a Coog. Longtime Cowboy fans know who he is.

Farmersfan
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I became a Bryce Beall fan in the state title game in 07' and he is still going strong in Houston. He rushed for almost 1300 yards as a freshman with U of H last season in 13 games. He rushed for 80 yard saturday against Okie State and had 60 yards in receptions. I think Beall is the third Tatum eagle player on the U of H roster. Very impressive young man.

ivchris
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Robertson stadium on the 26th. Tech will still be licking thier wounds from the UT game the week before.

This

GrTigers6
09-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Not to take anything away from OSU, but i thought they were ranked way too high. and the Cougars put them in there place. So now they are where they belong. Number 16. But where is Houston. Thats not right